mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited)

+20
marjr100
cmanrocks2012
nsuth13 #2
BroadStreetBully
WesleyMD
Z
ExtraSauce
InitialBN
Kevo235
MrShatang
Leagle
MarcoTheGod
Linkinparkey
madscientist032
bwalleck03
dtfgator
bobbieman1
jackOPSftw
Croky1
mickdude2
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) Empty mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited)

Post by mickdude2 7/11/2012, 11:41 pm

Minecraft username:mickdude2

Real name (recommended):Mick

Age:15

Location: Lansdale, PA

How long have you been playing on THIS server?:coming up on ten months, I believe

How often do you plan on being on THIS server?:As long as possible

Have you voted for Oasis at www.bit.ly/oasisv ?:At least once a week

Name any Guides, Admins or Mods who would vouch for you (This means you actually have to ask them): Madscientist032

Why do you deserve Veteran status? What sets you apart from the other Trusted players?:

I will not give you a long story about how I've been here so long, or how mature I am compared to others. I'm here because I want to ask the Oasis staff to consider my request. I'm not the best at anything, but I just hope to be good enough. I have not been on Oasis as much as I would like these past few weeks. In truth, my last vet app discouraged me to the point of depression. I'm not saying I went suicidal: I instead curled myself into a mental ball and lashed out at anyone who tried to talk to me. I became angry and upset, and so I left the server. I was only gone for about three weeks. In that time I saw a lot of this:
mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) 2012-067
And I realized that even though I was upset with Oasis, I needed it. I needed you guys. You all could make me laugh, bring me to tears and humble me all at once. Even when you were yelling at me, I enjoyed it because you cared enough to instruct me on the right way to go. You have always been there for me, and I'm ashamed to say that I have not always been there for you.

So I came back. And Oasis welcomed me with arms wide open, just like they had been on my first day. So now I'm here to pay it back. I'm here to ask to be promoted to Veteran so that I can be there: for others, for the server, for myself. Because this is just another of life's hurdles to me: Can I be so devoted to something that I am brought to tears at the thought of not having it?

Thank you.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Posts : 1945
Join date : 2011-12-10
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) Empty Re: mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited)

Post by Croky1 7/12/2012, 6:19 am

Mick,

I think that 10 months is almost too much to wait for Veteran standard with your capability. I don't care if people lol'd at Mick's other apps, but this one really made me think "Wow.". Thats why....

mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) 2012-07-10_180208

-Good luck

Fred

Croky1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Posts : 374
Join date : 2011-12-19
Age : 417

Back to top Go down

mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) Empty Re: mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited)

Post by jackOPSftw 7/12/2012, 8:47 am

mickdude2 wrote: Can I be so devoted to something that I am brought to tears at the thought of not having it?

Vouch
jackOPSftw
jackOPSftw
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Posts : 659
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) Empty .

Post by bobbieman1 7/12/2012, 8:51 am

Dude i dont know you really great, but when i noticed you are 15 and write this stuff down because of a game. I didnt even had a pc when i was 15... I was outside having fun with friends sport allot cinema and stuff like that. Im just saying dont build your holl world on a game.

bobbieman1
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Posts : 4
Join date : 2012-06-14

Back to top Go down

mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) Empty Re: mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited)

Post by dtfgator 7/12/2012, 9:36 am

I have legitimate concerns about your mental health after reading this. That is NOT an insult in any way, and I assure you I wouldn't write this if I didn't think it was important. That being rejected from a vet app led you to depression makes me think that you should take a step back and consider what this game is doing to you. Remember that minecraft is a GAME, and becoming depressed over it is not only ridiculous, it is also potentially dangerous. You mention suicide; granted, you mention it in the context of saying you weren't [suicidal], but even mentioning it implies that the topic has crossed your mind. If that is correct, I urge you to either take a break from minecraft or seek psychiatric help. One of the reasons I resigned from the staff back in october was because minecraft was sucking my life away. I stopped trying in school, became anti-social, and just spent hours upon hours in my room playing. I did this because I lost sight of minecraft and its purpose – to have fun. I seemed to correlate in-game achievements and aspirations with real life happiness, and when I finally realized what the game was doing to me, I took a long break to get my life back together and think about all of what i've said here.

The game is a GAME. It's an extremely entertaining one, and one extremely conducive to multiplayer, which can create a lot of competitiveness. As a result people forget to have fun and focus on attaining ranks. Remember vampiresfire? I don't know the actual reason of why he never got guide, but personally, I felt the reason was because he tried too hard. For like 3 weeks he focused purely on getting a single rank, bumping his thread several times a day with new reasons why he was so qualified. He forgot to have fun, and IIRC, his departure thread mentioned something about fixing his life. I'd bet money that the game started to suck his happiness away in the same way that happened to me.

I'm going to wrap this up now, because I have to go soon, but my main point is as follows: If the game isn't fun for you anymore, or if you feel as if it is draining away your "real life" in any way, take a break. Maybe get some help. But don't keep playing, because depression is dangerous. Be careful.

Best of luck with your veteran app.

-A formerly depressed minecraft player who has experienced firsthand everything i've said or mentioned in the thread.
dtfgator
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1117
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) Empty Re: mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited)

Post by bwalleck03 7/12/2012, 10:17 am

dftgator you bring up a great point to mick, i don't really know you guys but i felt the need to comment saying i completely agree with dftgator "just have fun oasis isn't a job!" is what vampiresfire wrote somewhere at /warp howtodostuff. Rejection happens and in a video game i don't think you should let rejection phase you, but since you put the app out already best of luck!
bwalleck03
bwalleck03
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Posts : 10
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) Empty Re: mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited)

Post by mickdude2 7/12/2012, 11:07 am

dtfgator wrote:
Dtf's rant of my mental stability:

It's not the fact that I didn't get a promotion in the game. It's how people ripped it apart. That's what made me feel so bad. Then I left, which only made me feel worse. And Oasis wasn't the only cause to my depression, but it was a contributor. Kinda should have mentioned that part.....


Last edited by mickdude2 on 7/12/2012, 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : health to stability)
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Posts : 1945
Join date : 2011-12-10
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) Empty Re: mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited)

Post by madscientist032 7/12/2012, 12:46 pm

Guys please keep in mind - this is a veteran application thread. Try to keep the thread on topic.

Also,

mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) Vouch_V2-1

_________________
<Owner>madscientist032
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

Posts : 5000
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 31

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) Empty Re: mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited)

Post by mickdude2 7/14/2012, 11:02 pm

Ima bump dis
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Posts : 1945
Join date : 2011-12-10
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) Empty Re: mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited)

Post by Linkinparkey 7/16/2012, 4:47 pm

I'm going to be honest with u... I'm quite worried about u... I've noticed a very harsh tone in pretty much all ur posts lately... U won't have my vouch if it keeps up...
Linkinparkey
Linkinparkey
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Posts : 438
Join date : 2011-12-07
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) Empty Re: mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited)

Post by mickdude2 7/16/2012, 4:57 pm

Linkinparkey wrote:I'm going to be honest with u... I'm quite worried about u... I've noticed a very harsh tone in pretty much all ur posts lately... U won't have my vouch if it keeps up...

Toning it down a bit...
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Posts : 1945
Join date : 2011-12-10
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) Empty Re: mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited)

Post by MarcoTheGod 7/16/2012, 6:54 pm

I don't have any opinion about you. You just quited the server for couples of week and you come back after. I saw you posted 121 posts for this month mean you are devoted for the server.

You are a nice player, I think. You are not ready to be a veteran. Why? Because I think you can rage another time on Oasis and quit this server forever. I will wait probably 2 months before thinking to vouch for you.

I 100% agree with the post of dtfgator. It's a game, and have fun is not a job. Think of it.

Sorry,


~AlexTheGod
MarcoTheGod
MarcoTheGod
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Posts : 452
Join date : 2011-05-30
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) Empty Re: mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited)

Post by Leagle 7/16/2012, 9:02 pm

mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) TY6UM
Leagle
Leagle
Master Miner
Master Miner

Posts : 2485
Join date : 2011-01-10
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) Empty Re: mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited)

Post by MrShatang 7/16/2012, 10:08 pm

mick I seem to like you a lot more now. Anyways grats on judge for Buildoff and Vouch!

MrShatang
Banned
Banned

Posts : 423
Join date : 2012-04-01
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) Empty Re: mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited)

Post by mickdude2 7/16/2012, 11:23 pm

I thought this was going in the same direction as my last Vet apps.... Then Shat and Leagle gave me hope. Hanging on to that hope while I bump!
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Posts : 1945
Join date : 2011-12-10
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) Empty Re: mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited)

Post by Croky1 7/17/2012, 2:42 am

dftgator wrote:because depression is dangerous.
Dude, I still hold my vouch, but dtf is right. I've been depressed throughout time on Oasis; most recently a few weeks ago; so If you weren't to get it or you felt it was your soul purpose to get a tank on a game, please stop now. You are of my greatest fronds on Oasis, and I would hate it if you felt depressed.


So, please take dftgators info down.

(still vouch for you :) )

Croky1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Posts : 374
Join date : 2011-12-19
Age : 417

Back to top Go down

mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) Empty Re: mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited)

Post by mickdude2 7/19/2012, 2:27 am

Nudge. Also would like to add that I am perfectly mentally healthy. I only suffer from an addiction to Minecraft. And there is A LOT worse things I could be addicted to.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Posts : 1945
Join date : 2011-12-10
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) Empty Re: mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited)

Post by Kevo235 7/19/2012, 3:37 am

mickdude2 wrote:Nudge. Also would like to add that I am perfectly mentally healthy.

Subjective.

Anyways, I am not vouching. Don't take it personally, don't think i'm being an asshat, don't think anything before you at least hear my justification.

I was just like you once. Sad that it took forever to get Veteran (it took me 11 months, but that's because I didn't know half the shit I was doing was actually delaying that) and willing to say anything that got me some positive feedback. As with dtf's advice, I have some advice for you. It'll be hard to listen to this, but it's what is needed. Think before you talk. Now, before you start saying 'oh I do' or 'Kevo's an asshole' or anything like that, read the words a couple of times. Sometimes posting things that can be taken out of context or anything can get you into deeper holes than you know how to get out of. Sometimes if someone says something that isn't correct, makes you mad, or anything else, just let it slide. When I was Trusted and Trusted+, all I wanted out of Minecraft was to be a Veteran. I'd say anything in my power to get it. I realized later on that all my efforts were in vain. All I needed to do to become a Veteran was to enjoy the game for what it was. I tried building, that didn't work. I tried trying to get Veteran, that didn't work; ultimately I just started talking to people and admiring other peoples works. I've made some very good friends on Oasis and try to stay away from making enemies. Sometimes I let things slip that I shouldn't or protest diamond block rules that may be better left alone, but I just tried my hardest to make sure that I was myself.

Basically, all i'm trying to say in this is be yourself. Don't try to be someone you're not, we'll know and it'll just delay your status. Treat everything like a court case. Listen to all sides of an issue before making a decision and be open to all ideas.

Also, if I don't make any sense it's because it's like 3:30am and I should probably go to sleep, but I felt it'd be better to give you some helpful advice before I go.

We all have faults, don't be afraid to expose yours because it will only make you stronger.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Posts : 3209
Join date : 2011-01-31

Back to top Go down

mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) Empty Re: mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited)

Post by InitialBN 7/19/2012, 5:07 am

Kevo235 wrote:
mickdude2 wrote:Nudge. Also would like to add that I am perfectly mentally healthy.

Subjective.

Anyways, I am not vouching. Don't take it personally, don't think i'm being an asshat, don't think anything before you at least hear my justification.

I was just like you once. Sad that it took forever to get Veteran (it took me 11 months, but that's because I didn't know half the shit I was doing was actually delaying that) and willing to say anything that got me some positive feedback. As with dtf's advice, I have some advice for you. It'll be hard to listen to this, but it's what is needed. Think before you talk. Now, before you start saying 'oh I do' or 'Kevo's an asshole' or anything like that, read the words a couple of times. Sometimes posting things that can be taken out of context or anything can get you into deeper holes than you know how to get out of. Sometimes if someone says something that isn't correct, makes you mad, or anything else, just let it slide. When I was Trusted and Trusted+, all I wanted out of Minecraft was to be a Veteran. I'd say anything in my power to get it. I realized later on that all my efforts were in vain. All I needed to do to become a Veteran was to enjoy the game for what it was. I tried building, that didn't work. I tried trying to get Veteran, that didn't work; ultimately I just started talking to people and admiring other peoples works. I've made some very good friends on Oasis and try to stay away from making enemies. Sometimes I let things slip that I shouldn't or protest diamond block rules that may be better left alone, but I just tried my hardest to make sure that I was myself.

Basically, all i'm trying to say in this is be yourself. Don't try to be someone you're not, we'll know and it'll just delay your status. Treat everything like a court case. Listen to all sides of an issue before making a decision and be open to all ideas.

Also, if I don't make any sense it's because it's like 3:30am and I should probably go to sleep, but I felt it'd be better to give you some helpful advice before I go.

We all have faults, don't be afraid to expose yours because it will only make you stronger.

Vouch for that^^

InitialBN
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Posts : 903
Join date : 2011-02-13
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) Empty Re: mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited)

Post by ExtraSauce 7/19/2012, 7:42 am

InitialBN wrote:
Kevo235 wrote:
mickdude2 wrote:Nudge. Also would like to add that I am perfectly mentally healthy.

Subjective.

Anyways, I am not vouching. Don't take it personally, don't think i'm being an asshat, don't think anything before you at least hear my justification.

I was just like you once. Sad that it took forever to get Veteran (it took me 11 months, but that's because I didn't know half the shit I was doing was actually delaying that) and willing to say anything that got me some positive feedback. As with dtf's advice, I have some advice for you. It'll be hard to listen to this, but it's what is needed. Think before you talk. Now, before you start saying 'oh I do' or 'Kevo's an asshole' or anything like that, read the words a couple of times. Sometimes posting things that can be taken out of context or anything can get you into deeper holes than you know how to get out of. Sometimes if someone says something that isn't correct, makes you mad, or anything else, just let it slide. When I was Trusted and Trusted+, all I wanted out of Minecraft was to be a Veteran. I'd say anything in my power to get it. I realized later on that all my efforts were in vain. All I needed to do to become a Veteran was to enjoy the game for what it was. I tried building, that didn't work. I tried trying to get Veteran, that didn't work; ultimately I just started talking to people and admiring other peoples works. I've made some very good friends on Oasis and try to stay away from making enemies. Sometimes I let things slip that I shouldn't or protest diamond block rules that may be better left alone, but I just tried my hardest to make sure that I was myself.

Basically, all i'm trying to say in this is be yourself. Don't try to be someone you're not, we'll know and it'll just delay your status. Treat everything like a court case. Listen to all sides of an issue before making a decision and be open to all ideas.

Also, if I don't make any sense it's because it's like 3:30am and I should probably go to sleep, but I felt it'd be better to give you some helpful advice before I go.

We all have faults, don't be afraid to expose yours because it will only make you stronger.

Vouch for that^^

The best thing to do when you write a book, is re-read it, why? You can find your errors, mistakes and grammar mispells, what oveK says is true, and you should Think before Shouting ''Terrorism Reigns'' in the middle of a Gun Shop.
ExtraSauce
ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1762
Join date : 2011-04-29
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) Empty Re: mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited)

Post by mickdude2 7/19/2012, 11:02 pm

I have taken everything you guys said into consideration. And then I built a treehouse. It was fun. And now I be bumpin
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Posts : 1945
Join date : 2011-12-10
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) Empty Re: mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited)

Post by MarcoTheGod 7/19/2012, 11:22 pm

I give you a vouch you gave me :D
MarcoTheGod
MarcoTheGod
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Posts : 452
Join date : 2011-05-30
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) Empty Re: mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited)

Post by Z 7/20/2012, 10:36 am

+1 Z Vouch


Last edited by Z on 1/11/2022, 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Z
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Posts : 975
Join date : 2012-01-06

Back to top Go down

mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) Empty Re: mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited)

Post by WesleyMD 7/21/2012, 12:20 am

mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) ODVSv
WesleyMD
WesleyMD
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Posts : 877
Join date : 2010-12-05
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) Empty Re: mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited)

Post by mickdude2 7/21/2012, 9:37 pm

Thanks for all the feedback. And kevo, stop calling me 'dickdude2' and maybe I'll listen to you more. Thx.


bump
mickdude2
mickdude2
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Posts : 1945
Join date : 2011-12-10
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited) Empty Re: mickdude2 Veteran App(revised and edited)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum