Oasis MC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chaguy's ban appeal

Go down

chaguy's ban appeal Empty chaguy's ban appeal

Post by chaguy on 6/19/2012, 5:17 am

Minecraft username: chaguy

Mod/Admin who banned you: FinalWorld

Reason you were banned: For "selling spawn items"

Reason you believe you should be unbanned:
I am not denying those items in the chests being purchasable, but am saying that they were never intended to be purchased by anyone.
I am also not denying that the items in those chests were spawned. But as I stated before, I never intended for anyone to buy them.

Now I am not saying I don't deserve any sort of punishment for my mistake, but I ask that I can at least explain myself and have my fate be judged off of this argument and not others opinions or thoughts of myself.

Okay, so as many of you know, DerpTown isn't exactly all that 'active' or as some would say 'alive'. To date we have had about 10 purchases (in TOTAL) from any of the OPEN stores in the derptown mall, according to reports from shop owners. Also there was never ANY item purchased or sold in the convicted store. When I first made the store, I was not aware the nether was closed. When I found this out (after asking a player why nether portals wouldn't work) I immediately thought to close the shop down. This was my first time using chest shops though, so I decided to try and see if it worked (so i did spawn nether items and place them in the chests) only to after find out when you try and buy/sell your own items in your own chest that it just opens the chest. After this it was just a matter of "oh well" and I was going to close it. I can't remember exactly but I am pretty sure I went offline, and I had forgotten all about the shop. Honestly when I saw the ban post it took me a fare while to figure out exactly what/where this could be from (then I saw the screenshots.)

I strongly apologise about the matter as I realise, no matter what, it was still against the rules to have spawned items in a chest shop.

I am not wanting to hurt the server or damage it's economy, after all I have invited friends to it and donated twice Smile

I hope you can see where I am coming from. I think I speak for %99 of Minecraft players when I say we have all had those late night mc sessions and just not remembered and just been so tired in the morning you really don't remember a lot.
I am surprised I remembered what I did!

But to sum it up, I am hoping I won't be permanently banned as I <3 Oasis. It is the only server I go on, I have made great friends and had some really fun times :D

But again, I am not saying I don't deserve a punishment.

[p.s. if there are any staff/players who didn't understand this or just want to speak to me about the matter, I am currently on TeamSpeak Smile ]
chaguy
chaguy
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Posts : 98
Join date : 2011-12-16
Age : 22
Location : The Gold Coast, Australia

Back to top Go down

chaguy's ban appeal Empty Re: chaguy's ban appeal

Post by jackOPSftw on 6/19/2012, 5:25 am

I, jackOPSftw vouch for 1 week temp ban.

He obviously thought it was closed, but its his own fault.
jackOPSftw
jackOPSftw
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Posts : 678
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 22
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

chaguy's ban appeal Empty Re: chaguy's ban appeal

Post by chaguy on 6/19/2012, 5:27 am

jackOPSftw wrote:I, jackOPSftw vouch for 1 week temp ban.

He obviously thought it was closed, but its his own fault.

Thankyou Jack, I am glad you see where I am coming from but still agree with me that punishment is required.
chaguy
chaguy
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Posts : 98
Join date : 2011-12-16
Age : 22
Location : The Gold Coast, Australia

Back to top Go down

chaguy's ban appeal Empty Re: chaguy's ban appeal

Post by ChaosTheoryJRH on 6/19/2012, 5:40 am

I talked to Chaguy on Teamspeak.
His apology seems genuine enough.
I've taken his donator perks for 1 week, he will retain his prefix.
Tuesday, June 26th, his perks will be returned.

ChaosTheoryJRH
Banned
Banned

Posts : 1688
Join date : 2011-05-01
Age : 28
Location : BF, SC

Back to top Go down

chaguy's ban appeal Empty Thechrisanator

Post by Thechris on 6/19/2012, 7:06 am

[center]Chris123456789 dissobeyd the rules he stole my stuff.
Onev grieved me three times in 20 minutes.

Thechris
Guest


Back to top Go down

chaguy's ban appeal Empty Re: chaguy's ban appeal

Post by chaguy on 6/19/2012, 7:17 am

Wrong thread... lol
chaguy
chaguy
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Posts : 98
Join date : 2011-12-16
Age : 22
Location : The Gold Coast, Australia

Back to top Go down

chaguy's ban appeal Empty Re: chaguy's ban appeal

Post by coda123 on 6/19/2012, 11:50 am

chaguy wrote:Minecraft username: chaguy

Mod/Admin who banned you: FinalWorld

Reason you were banned: For "selling spawn items"

Reason you believe you should be unbanned:
I am not denying those items in the chests being purchasable, but am saying that they were never intended to be purchased by anyone.
I am also not denying that the items in those chests were spawned. But as I stated before, I never intended for anyone to buy them.

Now I am not saying I don't deserve any sort of punishment for my mistake, but I ask that I can at least explain myself and have my fate be judged off of this argument and not others opinions or thoughts of myself.

Okay, so as many of you know, DerpTown isn't exactly all that 'active' or as some would say 'alive'. To date we have had about 10 purchases (in TOTAL) from any of the OPEN stores in the derptown mall, according to reports from shop owners. Also there was never ANY item purchased or sold in the convicted store. When I first made the store, I was not aware the nether was closed. When I found this out (after asking a player why nether portals wouldn't work) I immediately thought to close the shop down. This was my first time using chest shops though, so I decided to try and see if it worked (so i did spawn nether items and place them in the chests) only to after find out when you try and buy/sell your own items in your own chest that it just opens the chest. After this it was just a matter of "oh well" and I was going to close it. I can't remember exactly but I am pretty sure I went offline, and I had forgotten all about the shop. Honestly when I saw the ban post it took me a fare while to figure out exactly what/where this could be from (then I saw the screenshots.)

I strongly apologise about the matter as I realise, no matter what, it was still against the rules to have spawned items in a chest shop.

I am not wanting to hurt the server or damage it's economy, after all I have invited friends to it and donated twice Smile

I hope you can see where I am coming from. I think I speak for %99 of Minecraft players when I say we have all had those late night mc sessions and just not remembered and just been so tired in the morning you really don't remember a lot.
I am surprised I remembered what I did!

But to sum it up, I am hoping I won't be permanently banned as I <3 Oasis. It is the only server I go on, I have made great friends and had some really fun times :D

But again, I am not saying I don't deserve a punishment.

[p.s. if there are any staff/players who didn't understand this or just want to speak to me about the matter, I am currently on TeamSpeak Smile ]


VOUCH FOR UNBANNING!
coda123
coda123
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Posts : 63
Join date : 2012-04-12
Age : 20
Location : The Netherlands

Back to top Go down

chaguy's ban appeal Empty RE

Post by Revilo410 on 6/19/2012, 1:01 pm

Me too, VOUCH 4 UNBAN!

_________________
chaguy's ban appeal Revilo10
::Profile::   Staff Profile - 2016
::Quotes::  Good, Better, Best. Do not rest until your good is better, and your better best.
::Rank::     Admin [As of December 2015]
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Posts : 1867
Join date : 2012-01-30
Age : 22
Location : London

Back to top Go down

chaguy's ban appeal Empty Re: chaguy's ban appeal

Post by cmanrocks2012 on 6/19/2012, 1:39 pm

I also VOUCH for teh unban

~cmanrocks~
cmanrocks2012
cmanrocks2012
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Posts : 722
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 19

Back to top Go down

chaguy's ban appeal Empty Re: chaguy's ban appeal

Post by Kevo235 on 6/19/2012, 2:57 pm

Dude, I sometimes wonder if anyone reads.

Chaos already went ahead with the unbanning decision, so i'll go ahead on lock the thread.

One final note; if you do this again you will be banned again. Most likely permanently since you now solidly know the rule. I'd suggest doing a quick (or lengthy) re-read of the rules on the forums, they are after all the most in depth.

Thank you and goodnight. Or good day... Depends on where you are and when you read this.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Posts : 3220
Join date : 2011-01-31

Back to top Go down

chaguy's ban appeal Empty Re: chaguy's ban appeal

Post by Kevo235 on 6/19/2012, 2:58 pm

ChaosTheoryJRH wrote:I talked to Chaguy on Teamspeak.
His apology seems genuine enough.
I've taken his donator perks for 1 week, he will retain his prefix.
Tuesday, June 26th, his perks will be returned.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Posts : 3220
Join date : 2011-01-31

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum