Oasis MC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Admin Abuse

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Admin Abuse Empty Admin Abuse

Post by Kevo235 on 6/30/2011, 8:35 pm

This is not so much of an appeal but more-so to point out that there has been admin abuse on the server.

The Story:
I was in TeamSpeak like usual at this time when I was banned by WesleyMD for the reason: Gtfo. This was very sudden. I was apparently 'Disrespecting him' but when I asked in game what I did, he did not reply. Here is a screenshot of in game.

Spoiler:
Admin Abuse 2hdnms6

Also, he did not provide a warning for the ban as stated in the rules that you have to first warn them, kick them and then if they are still not following the rules, ban them.

Server Rules wrote:Here is the procedure for kicking/banning a player who has broken a rule. You must first give the player a warning in chat, then if no response comes or if the illegal act continues, you may kick the player with a warning message upon their return. If the rule breaking continues, you may ban the player with the message “You can appeal on the Oasis SMP forums.

I was also banned off of Teamspeak for 1 hour, instead of half an hour as stated by Wesley. I do not have proof of this however it is on my teamspeak. This is what the teamspeak thing said:

Spoiler:
TeamSpeak wrote:
<19:46:42>
You are banned temporarily. Reason: "Gtfo" Try again in 00:59:34

<19:47:51>
Trying to connect to server on 64.34.202.140:10077

<19:47:51>
You are banned temporarily. Reason: "Gtfo" Try again in 00:58:26

<19:48:29>
Trying to connect to server on 64.34.202.140:10077

<19:48:29>
You are banned temporarily. Reason: "Gtfo" Try again in 00:57:48

<20:14:22>
Trying to connect to server on 64.34.202.140:10077

<20:14:23>
You are banned temporarily. Reason: "Gtfo" Try again in 00:31:54


<20:34:09>
Trying to connect to server on 64.34.202.140:10077

<20:34:10>
You are banned temporarily. Reason: "Gtfo" Try again in 00:12:07


Also, i'm sick of the staff abusing their powers and not getting punished for it. I hate to be a rule-whore but another excerpt from the rules states:

Server Rules wrote:Also, the use of racial slurs or other extremely offensive language/behavior is strictly prohibited.
These rules need to be enforced. I'm not asking for another to ban Wesley or anything, I'm just asking that he respect others how he wants to be respected. Also... Please don't let admin abuse be what this server is known for, there are so many other servers that have abusive admins and i'd hate for Oasis to get a bad reputation like that.

Thanks.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Posts : 3220
Join date : 2011-01-31

Back to top Go down

Admin Abuse Empty Re: Admin Abuse

Post by WesleyMD on 6/30/2011, 8:49 pm

Kevin, Kevin, Kevin. You were banned from the teamspeak, due to the fact of you disrespected me. You disrespected me in the sense of changing your name to "WesleyMD", "WelseyMD", WesleyMD.", which is the equivalency of impersonating a staff member, or disrespecting me by possibly saying something, or just offending me by having my name, and making fun of it.

I'm also fucking sick and tired of all the complaining you do in teamspeak while trying to act like a staff member, " Ban him or kick him or something he's just being really retarded, he's so stupid" - Kevin talking about Wedell today. Also like every time you're in teamspeak you're trolling or not, I even warned you earlier because you were trolling Fast, and Tofu. There are also countless other times in teamspeak where you do the nearly the exact same as what you did to wedell.

You're only active in minecraft now because you got vet. and you know it, before it you were trusted for like EVER and you NEVER logged into the game, you only sat idle in teamspeak talking about other games live civ V and Mw2 or what ever shit you played at that time. I'm starting to regret you ever becoming veteran. This whole thread is just disrespect towards me. I've been an administrator on this server for a very long time, and have never once made a huge mistake, and never will. I take my job as a staff member seriously, and if you don't like that don't get butt-hurt and post on the forums about it disrespecting me.
WesleyMD
WesleyMD
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Posts : 880
Join date : 2010-12-05
Age : 25
Location : Minnesota

Back to top Go down

Admin Abuse Empty Re: Admin Abuse

Post by WesleyMD on 6/30/2011, 9:02 pm

Also, he did not provide a warning for the ban as stated in the rules that you have to first warn them, kick them and then if they are still not following the rules, ban them.

Also, i'm sick of the staff abusing their powers and not getting punished for it. I hate to be a rule-whore but another excerpt from the rules states:



LOL FURTHER PROOF YOU'RE JUST ANOTHER WANT-TO-BE STAFF.

Stop disrespecting me, I warned you and you know it.
WesleyMD
WesleyMD
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Posts : 880
Join date : 2010-12-05
Age : 25
Location : Minnesota

Back to top Go down

Admin Abuse Empty Re: Admin Abuse

Post by Kevo235 on 6/30/2011, 9:05 pm

WesleyMD wrote:"Impersonating a staff member, or disrespecting me by possibly saying something, or just offending me by having my name, and making fun of it."
I'm sorry if I disrespected your name but if I did, I'm sorry for it. Next time, if there is one... I suggest telling me to stop instead of banning me for an hour.

WesleyMD wrote:"I'm also fucking sick and tired of all the complaining you do in teamspeak while trying to act like a staff member"
I only try to make the server a better place. Also, I admit to what I said earlier and I'm sorry for it. He was being annoying in my opinion so I left to go play another game to calm myself down.

WesleyMD wrote:"you were trolling Fast, and Tofu."
I get trolled all the time by you, and I'm sure there are a lot of other people who do but most of the time that's all in good fun. Unless I am told by them that they didn't think it was, I see no reason to say sorry to them.

WesleyMD wrote:"You're only active in minecraft now because you got vet. and you know it, before it you were trusted for like EVER and you NEVER logged into the game, you only sat idle in teamspeak talking about other games live civ V and Mw2."
I can play other games instead of minecraft, there's nothing on the rules that state against that. Also, I was active. I just never did much and mostly jumped around spawn talking to people in minecraft. While talking to people on teamspeak at the same time. I am more active than before because I haven't bought a new game since December, frankly, I'm mostly bored of them now. I also like to help people. With trusted there was no way to help people but with the ability to replace griefed things I feel like I can help people with what they need done when there is no staff online to help them.

Also, please provide proof of you 'warning me' I was never warned and I'd like to see where you ever warned me.
I hope this does not cause you to hate me, which it probably will, because you are a great admin most of the time but there is no need to go overboard by banning me for an hour for changing my name to yours once about 6 minutes after you changed mine to 'Keyvo235' without asking me. I don't mind my name being made fun of although if someone else did I don't think they'd appreciate that.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Posts : 3220
Join date : 2011-01-31

Back to top Go down

Admin Abuse Empty Re: Admin Abuse

Post by dtfgator on 6/30/2011, 9:09 pm

I'm with Wesley. I have never seen a single "ADMIN ABOOOOS" thread that turned out to be true. And there have been ALOT of threads like that.

Oh, and as long as we're bitching about breaking rules, here's something for ya:
His furnaces, which I would like to point out were NOT locked.

Admin Abuse Screen16

All three furnaces were just like this. Unlocked. With lava.
Admin Abuse Screen17
dtfgator
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1118
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Admin Abuse Empty Re: Admin Abuse

Post by WesleyMD on 6/30/2011, 9:17 pm

+1 Sam.
WesleyMD
WesleyMD
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Posts : 880
Join date : 2010-12-05
Age : 25
Location : Minnesota

Back to top Go down

Admin Abuse Empty Re: Admin Abuse

Post by Coldplaya on 6/30/2011, 9:23 pm

Rules section X, c: Respect
We ask that you exhibit a level of respect that would be expected from you in person. Please respect the authority of the staff members; they generally know what they’re talking about. Also, the use of racial slurs or other extremely offensive language/behavior is strictly prohibited.

Rules section V, a: a. Kicking/banning
Here is the procedure for kicking/banning a player who has broken a rule. You must first give the player a warning in chat, then if no response comes or if the illegal act continues, you may kick the player with a warning message upon their return. If the rule breaking continues, you may ban the player with the message “You can appeal on the Oasis SMP forums.”
On a separate note: /kick and /ban are ONLY to be used for legitimate, moderating purposes ONLY. This includes Teamspeak.

Nothing says anything about banning due to disrespect. Ariley may have told staff differently, tho. ALSO I think banning with a bias is a little corrupted.
But, staff disrespect is something to avoid. Is the full conversation documented via screenshot? If so, then please post them so that I can get a full and complete look at the situation and better myself to help with this dispute.

Thanks!

-Cold




Last edited by Coldplaya on 6/30/2011, 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Coldplaya
Coldplaya
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Posts : 198
Join date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Admin Abuse Empty Re: Admin Abuse

Post by Kevo235. on 6/30/2011, 9:24 pm

Those furnaces were locked but the one that didn't have 64 buckets was unlocked. The furnace was a test to see if it burnt all 64 or only 1. Turns out it only burns 1. I left after that to burn the lava buckets and came back shortly after and locked the furnace with no lavabuckets in it and put 64 in it. It is not against the rules for a Trusted or higher person to have lavabuckets in their furnace and the furnaces were /cprivated.

Kevo235.
Guest


Back to top Go down

Admin Abuse Empty Re: Admin Abuse

Post by WesleyMD on 6/30/2011, 9:27 pm

I warned him, and told him before he was banned why he was getting banned verbally. He also seen his brother get banned/kick multiple times for doing the EXACT SAME THING.

And Kevin, all the furnaces there were unlocked and like three of them had 64 buckets of lava in them stacked. You were no where around, and I checked the who list, you were offline. Those screenshots can prove the lava. You also said in teamspeak that you were testing it out and there was an unlocked furnace with 63 in it, when you were testing it out. You just said 64 in it. Idk.
WesleyMD
WesleyMD
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Posts : 880
Join date : 2010-12-05
Age : 25
Location : Minnesota

Back to top Go down

Admin Abuse Empty Re: Admin Abuse

Post by dtfgator on 6/30/2011, 9:28 pm

None of the furnaces were locked. I checked all of them. Furthermore, they ALL had a stack of lava buckets. Steven saw them to, he will agree with me.

Hell, you can fucking see that in my previous picture. If any of chose furnaces were locked, I would have a little red notification saying "That private furnace is locked by kevo235". As there is no such notification there, kevo is lying. They were unlocked.


Last edited by dtfgator on 6/30/2011, 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
dtfgator
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1118
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Admin Abuse Empty Re: Admin Abuse

Post by Coldplaya on 6/30/2011, 9:28 pm

Kevo235. wrote:Those furnaces were locked but the one that didn't have 64 buckets was unlocked. The furnace was a test to see if it burnt all 64 or only 1. Turns out it only burns 1. I left after that to burn the lava buckets and came back shortly after and locked the furnace with no lavabuckets in it and put 64 in it. It is not against the rules for a Trusted or higher person to have lavabuckets in their furnace and the furnaces were /cprivated.
You're not logged in Kevo.

I'm not sure. Both sides have presented evidence, and both support their claim well. This needs to be presented to Ariley. ASAP
Coldplaya
Coldplaya
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Posts : 198
Join date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Admin Abuse Empty Re: Admin Abuse

Post by WhiteTiger on 6/30/2011, 9:28 pm

I just wanna say one thing about this shit. it doesn't make anyone feel good. Blah blah you said this blah blah. it only starts something that could have just been avoided.
WhiteTiger
WhiteTiger
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Posts : 189
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Admin Abuse Empty Re: Admin Abuse

Post by Coldplaya on 6/30/2011, 9:32 pm

WhiteTiger wrote:I just wanna say one thing about this shit. it doesn't make anyone feel good. Blah blah you said this blah blah. it only starts something that could have just been avoided.

That is true. Those buckets, EVEN IF were being tested, should have been locked. If all three furnaces had the bucket stacks, those obviously weren't tests if ALL three of them were in use.
Coldplaya
Coldplaya
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Posts : 198
Join date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Admin Abuse Empty Re: Admin Abuse

Post by Kevo235. on 6/30/2011, 9:35 pm

I only tested one of them. The other two were locked after I left to burn the stack of 63. They were only unlocked until I left. I also never logged off after that.

Kevo235.
Guest


Back to top Go down

Admin Abuse Empty Re: Admin Abuse

Post by Kevo235 on 6/30/2011, 9:37 pm

Also i'm not logged in because it keeps logging me out when I exit the forums. I get a post done and then figure out that I'm not logged in and I don't want to re-do the whole post.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Posts : 3220
Join date : 2011-01-31

Back to top Go down

Admin Abuse Empty Re: Admin Abuse

Post by Coldplaya on 6/30/2011, 9:39 pm

Copy and paste are valuable tools!!!
Coldplaya
Coldplaya
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Posts : 198
Join date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Admin Abuse Empty Re: Admin Abuse

Post by commander_chair on 6/30/2011, 9:40 pm

wow this is a hard decision to come too i cant decide so you guys should just make up. Bros before hoes. that has nothing to do with this but it shows that brothers need to stick together.
commander_chair
commander_chair
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1042
Join date : 2011-05-01
Location : Indianapolis IN

Back to top Go down

Admin Abuse Empty Re: Admin Abuse

Post by Kevo235 on 6/30/2011, 9:41 pm

Coldplaya wrote:Copy and paste are valuable tools!!!

That's what I did the first time.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Posts : 3220
Join date : 2011-01-31

Back to top Go down

Admin Abuse Empty Re: Admin Abuse

Post by J8cob1 on 6/30/2011, 9:41 pm

Really Kevo? It would have been better to just drop it. No offense, but it really does not seem like a big deal. If a staff member does something like you claim once, he might be having a bad day or something. I would only post if he is doing it repeatedly which he is not. Correct me if I am wrong with any of what is in this post also. In making this thread, you have caused a conflict (and lets face it, the chances of winning against an admin in any circumstance is small), and you have made an admin not like you (not good when applying for guide). So can we just resolve this? The bigger person would just stop this from going any further. Also Kevo, if you do stop it, you better your chances that you will be forgiven. Who ever is right or wrong, Wesley, Kevo, one of you end it please, before someone gets punished. Sorry if this offended either of you guys.
J8cob1
J8cob1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Posts : 331
Join date : 2011-03-15
Age : 25
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Admin Abuse Empty Re: Admin Abuse

Post by Kevo235 on 6/30/2011, 9:44 pm

Well, I have had this post building inside me after seeing many people get banned for reasons that don't hold up.
I already offered to apologize for what I did to Wesley if he would apologize for what he did to me. He refused so either he gets punished for this or I do. The offer still stands though although I will not back down from my opinion if he refuses.

Also, I've been told several times by staff members that I will never get guide before these posts. I accept that but it doesn't change my opinion on what is going on here. I just want the server to be a better place for everyone. If it means me never being a guide I will.


Last edited by Kevo235 on 6/30/2011, 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Posts : 3220
Join date : 2011-01-31

Back to top Go down

Admin Abuse Empty Re: Admin Abuse

Post by Coldplaya on 6/30/2011, 9:45 pm

Alright. Brosephers, and Brokis, Cheers. Now lock the thread. Kevo is banned for keeping a chest full of lava buckets unlocked and harassing staff. Lets talk about sumthin else now. Am I right? (ON a diff. Thread of course)
Coldplaya
Coldplaya
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Posts : 198
Join date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Admin Abuse Empty Re: Admin Abuse

Post by J8cob1 on 6/30/2011, 9:49 pm

Wait, Wait, Wait, kevo IS BANNED?
J8cob1
J8cob1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Posts : 331
Join date : 2011-03-15
Age : 25
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Admin Abuse Empty Re: Admin Abuse

Post by commander_chair on 6/30/2011, 9:50 pm

not for that i dont think soo
commander_chair
commander_chair
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1042
Join date : 2011-05-01
Location : Indianapolis IN

Back to top Go down

Admin Abuse Empty Re: Admin Abuse

Post by Kevo235 on 6/30/2011, 9:52 pm

Kevo235 wrote:This is not so much of an appeal but more-so to point out that there has been admin abuse on the server.

I am, for the record, not banned. I don't see where he gets that.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Posts : 3220
Join date : 2011-01-31

Back to top Go down

Admin Abuse Empty Re: Admin Abuse

Post by WhiteTiger on 6/30/2011, 9:52 pm

people u arnt helping by making them rage. just sayin
WhiteTiger
WhiteTiger
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Posts : 189
Join date : 2011-01-29
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum