ABOVE ME, ME, BLOW ME

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ABOVE ME, ME, BLOW ME

Post by Nsane99 on 7/25/2017, 10:54 am

^ Sleep is for the weak! (and I'm pretty weak!)

< My phone's circuits are so worn out now that it sends warnings that it's using more battery than the charger is able to deliver while just sitting on the table with no apps running and the screen off. I think I MIGHT need a new phone soon lol.

V Opinion on the required microchips some companies are planting into their employees?
Nsane99
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Location : In an alternate dimension and universe that has such minor differences from yours that it really doesn't matter at all.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jandavey on 7/25/2017, 10:38 pm

^ I think that's strange. Like, what if someone were to hack my hand? Like an electronic pickpocket, what if all someone needed to steal my credit card information / computer password / other corporate information was to shake my hand while wearing a special glove? Even if such information was very well encrypted, I'd feel weird and would always be paranoid that such a chip is tracking my location or recording things that I say.

< My summer ends in just 7 days. I'm wondering how to spend the last few days of my summer. I should probably touch up on Spanish because I haven't learned any Spanish this summer and I found out that I still have one more year of Spanish to do.

\/ Do you like dinosaurs? yes or yes?

Last edited by jandavey on 7/26/2017, 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

jandavey
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile http://leafblock.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 7/26/2017, 12:50 am

^ Third answer, absolutely

<
Jan wrote:what if all someone needed to steal my credit card information / computer password / other corporate information was to shake my hand...

...would always be paranoid that such a chip is tracking my location or recording things that I say.

Did you mean: Cellular Phones?

V On a scale of 1-10, how paranoid are you? Just in general?
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons on 7/26/2017, 8:52 pm

^ Probably a 2. I'm pretty chill, I don't really get paranoid easily. The only times I really get paranoid is when I'm driving 100% totally completely legal (how could you possibly suggest that I have ever in my life broken a traffic law even a single time?!?!?) late at night I sometimes get paranoid that a cop is going to pull me over. 

< Listening to some of the music I was into a few years ago. Man, that stuff is crazy pump up. A lot of hard rock, edm, and some really weird rap. I'm glad I moved on from that lol. 

V What's your favorite drink?
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jandavey on 7/28/2017, 1:48 am

^ Coconut juice. Preferably without pulp.

< I'm about to apply for my SAT right before the deadline. This is my second time, and to be honest, last time I also applied one day before the deadline.

\/ Have you ever taken the SAT/ACT? If not, do you plan on it?

jandavey
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 8/9/2017, 2:18 pm

^Nope, and nope... xD

< Bet you werent expecting me to reply!  xD  Just sitting here playing ark, and talking to madsci and started arguing about when i joined oasis so I signed in to see when my joined date was and yup he was right, 2012, not 2013 like i thought....

V Miss me?  xD
Paxination
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AlvinB on 8/9/2017, 4:59 pm

^ Well.. who doesn't?

< Man.. it has gotten a lot darker over the last few days, I guess summer is over D:

EDIT: Also.. apparently I'm a gold miner now..

v Do you like summer? (I don't, it's too hot! And you can't ski!)
AlvinB
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 8/9/2017, 6:31 pm

^ I enjoy things about every season. I like how in the summer everything looks nice and green and lush and the temperature tends to be pretty nice. That being said, the main thing people complain about in any season is the temperature. Since temperature doesnt really bother me much, I have less reason to dislike summer.

< Ohey its uncle Pax. Man, if I joined 2013 theres no WAY you were 2013. Though looking at it now you didnt join that much earlier than I did.

V How good are you with chop sticks?
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons on 8/9/2017, 10:49 pm

^ Well, chopping sticks isn't that hard to do. It's chopping logs that takes more practice, although I'm pretty solid at it. 

And to answer your real question, I suck at chop sticks. I usually end up just sticking them right next to each other to create a wide enough surface that I can scoop little bits of food into my mouth. Either that, or throw the chop sticks away and find a spoon. 

< The grind of life is real, son. But sometimes it works out. I'm having a somewhat minor foot surgery tomorrow, which normally I would be mad about because that would stop me from doing stuff that I want to do. However, because of that my boss said I don't have to work this week, so it actually really worked out. I've been wanting to be able to relax until school starts on the 21st, so now I have a little over a week to relax and recover, then I go on a camping trip with some friends the weekend before school starts up, and then back to the grind. One more year of this and I can be done with school forever though. That's more motivation than I've ever had before. 

V If you could be one place with one person from whatever time era you want, where and with whom would you be?
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tardis600 on 8/10/2017, 4:32 pm

^   I would be with my best friend from school and we would go to Hawaii.

>   Nothing really, just summer going by sooo fast :/

V    Is ur summer busy?

Tardis600
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nsane99 on 8/10/2017, 6:13 pm

^ It was for a while, working at Subway is both fun and tiring at times. But Now I'm just getting ready for college, so I'm more excited about that than summer ending right now lol.

< The wind kicked up and this little kiddie pool my parents bought for our dogs blew across the yard. The dogs lost it as it was moving, and it was the best to watch lol.

V Have you been having/had a good day so far?
Nsane99
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Location : In an alternate dimension and universe that has such minor differences from yours that it really doesn't matter at all.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by badlyy on 8/10/2017, 9:47 pm

^ Yes, indeed I have. c:

< Summer seems shorter every year. On one hand, I'm kind of looking forward to going back to school so I can actually do something productive, but on the other hand, I want to sit around and do nothing all day. I'm torn lmao.

V What is your favourite flavour of ice cream?
badlyy
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons on 8/10/2017, 10:10 pm

^ The kind I finished eating 5 minutes ago, chocolate. 

< I agree about summer getting shorter and shorter. When you're younger, you have less responsibilities and therefore less things to make you keep doing stuff. But now I'm working 30 hours per week, and with all my responsibilities around the house, I have less and less time to either relax and do nothing or to do the fun stuff. It keeps me busy, but it makes summer go by really fast. 

V Something you're excited for?
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 8/10/2017, 11:51 pm

^ Im looking forward to being done with work for the next little while. Last day is the 20th and unfortunately my class schedule doesnt really allow time for a job and whatnot...

< Decided to touch up on my French. Im surprised how much I still know off the top of my head. I was learning French from grade 1 to grade 9 though so it would be a bit more surprising if I didnt remember a few things.

V Know any second languages?
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jandavey on 8/11/2017, 1:14 am

^ My first language was Filipino Tagalog, and I was learning English in the United States at the age of 5. However, I grew to prefer reading materials in English. While I did learn to read in both languages, (Modern) Tagalog was complicated, and somewhat hard to read, having super long words like "pagkamamamayan" or in English; "Citizenship." While I consider Tagalog my first language, I consider English my best language as that's the one I've been using to read/write/communicate at school for the past 12 years.

< Speaking of languages, I took Spanish 3 this year, my third year of Spanish, and I'm kind of shocked. In class, I'm asked to do basic things I learned in Spanish 1, like, "Instructionnes: Crear una lista de colores en español." (Instructions: Create a list of colors in Spanish) and people were asking me to translate super basic things like "Fui a un partido de A's" (I went to an A's Game) and when the teacher was asked by a native Spanish speaker why this class was so easy, he admitted that this class was developed for people who don't speak any Spanish, and those who do speak the language are asked to take "Español para hispanohablantes" (Spanish for Spanish speakers) I don't think I'm at that level of fluency, but this is somewhat ridiculous. But it's okay, I'll just learn Spanish on my own I guess.

\/ what's your usual bedtime? (Or do you not sleep because sleep is for the weak)

jandavey
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by badlyy on 8/11/2017, 11:59 am

^ 9:30 on school nights and 10:30-11:00 during the summer.

< My grandpa is staying with us for three weeks, and he is sleeping in my room, meaning I have to sleep in the spare bedroom downstairs. The room (as is the entire basement) is quite cold, which makes falling asleep difficult. For the past two nights, (I have only been sleeping down there for two days so far because my grandpa just arrived) I have had trouble falling asleep. I'm pretty sure it's because of the cold and the fact that I'm not used to the bed. Last night, I didn't fall asleep until 12:30. Ugh!

V Do you have any pets?
badlyy
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons on 8/11/2017, 10:33 pm

^ Yes, 2 cats. 

< Speaking of cats, one of my cats used to be a country cat so it would be running around outside all the time, but we got it from that family because they were moving and weren't able to take her with. This cat has been with us for 8 or 9 years, and she is an indoor/outdoor cat. She splits her time fairly evenly between inside, and wandering around outside. However she didn't come home one day and ended up being gone for 8 days. She finally came home this morning, a lot skinnier than she was when she left, and she's been wheezing and stuff. We're definitely not letting her out for a few days now. 

V Have you ever been to an art museum? If so, did you like it? If not, would you ever consider going to one?
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shadeyghost on 8/12/2017, 2:56 pm

^ art specificaly? no, but i've been to plenty of regular museums, there's one in chicago that i would love to go to again thought, cuz it has a working tesla coil @-@
< i've been eating goldfish for almost every meal for 3 days now
V should i stop eating goldfish?
shadeyghost
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lina on 8/12/2017, 3:57 pm

^ Never
It may be good to throw in some protein or veggies tho

< Ayeee it's almost Pumpkin Spice Season

V One thing you want to do before summer ends?
Lina
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons on 8/12/2017, 6:34 pm

^ Actually there are two big things I want to do before summer ends, and both of them are going to happen in tandem. Go camping and go to the beach. Me and some friends are going camping on the 17th for a few days, and it's right on the shore of one of the Great Lakes. I've been there before and as well as the Great Lake, there is also a shallow stream going a fair distance that I've walked down and it's super dope. At the top of the stream is a beautiful waterfall that you can also get behind and jump into. It's an amazing place and I can't wait to go!

< Trying to get as much out of this last week and a half before school starts again. the 21st is coming too quick. 

V How many notifications (top right corner) do you currently have?
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 8/12/2017, 6:42 pm

^ Mine just reset themselves again. Im at 62. Dont know why it does that sometimes. Funny enough, it never resets to 0.

< Just bumped into somebody I've been randomly bumping into for the past 16 years. Probably one of my oldest friends.

V Are there any people you find yourself noticing more often than others?
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lina on 8/12/2017, 8:26 pm

^ There's this one lady that comes into the cafe around the same time I do, and I saw her elsewhere later in the day once... spooky

< I forget how, but I found away to disable all notifications and my number's at 0. 
The Evil Has Been Defeated

V Looking forward to anything this Fall?
Lina
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by badlyy on 8/12/2017, 9:11 pm

^ I'm looking forward to the start of my hockey season and my birthday, which is October 7th. :D

< There was a really bad thunderstorm in my area this afternoon. The storm was right at my house. It was basically a torrential downpour outside and the thunder was very loud. The wind was pretty crazy too. And there was constant lightning. At one point, a bolt struck so near my house, there was a super bright flash and a loud bang. It sounded like the lightning was right over us! The house even shook a bit. My dog was freaking out the entire time lmao.

V Have you had any severe thunderstorms this summer?
badlyy
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 8/12/2017, 10:35 pm

^ had a few small ones. We had one big one that put multiple counties including mine in severe flood warnings. We got the weaker end of it but it was chaos, trees falling left and right, mass power outages, unheard of amount of radio chatter for emergency crews. I actually spent the week after volunteering to help the local fire department with cleanup around the town even ended up at the station and helped them with cleanup calls and one medical. 

< my POV setup on the truck is coming along nicely. I got an order for some dash lights, got the lightbar finished but atill have the grill strobes to fix, they are junk ones from walmart so i might just order some real high intensity LED grill strobes. Still working on finding a control box for the traffic advisor which has been a battle for a long time. Hoping to have everything done by winter.

v is it just me or is there almost never anything good on tv anymore?
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 8/12/2017, 10:43 pm

^ It depends where you look. Granted, this is coming from someone who doesnt really watch much TV. I just stream what I want when I want. Seems to be the way to go.

< So my cousin recently got a new toy. A BB gun. Given that Im pretty much the only one ok with getting shot, I am the main target at any given time. It started from me shooting myself to prove I aint no punk and now here we are. When I brought my girlfriend over on thursday I got shot like, a dozen times. They were drinking, so... Moral of the story kids, guns and alcohol dont mix. Except when they do cuz I aint no busta

V Hows your hair?
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top