LinaVoltage JrMod Application

Post by Lina on 4/1/2017, 12:09 pm

Minecraft username:
  LinaVoltage

Real name (recommended):
  Lina (Angelina)

How long have you been playing on THIS server?:
  October 25th, 2012
(My old forum account is gone, but my my member application is still here)

How often do you plan on being on THIS server?:
  ∞

Name any Helpers, JrMods, Mods, or Admins who would vouch for you:
  I don't like asking, feel free to vouch in the thread
I will edit in the staff vouches as I receive them:
dtfgator
mooselbell
Lenny ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
NinjaCreeper

Why do you deserve staff status? What sets you apart from the other players and would make you a good part of the staff?:

I have prepared a short essay. Due to its length, I have contained it in this spoiler:
Spoiler:

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not
cuccsecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Lina Voltage
April 1st, 2017

Spoiler:

Someone suggested I add more so I have added more:
Spoiler:

Minecraft username: Keshaluver21

Real name (recommended): Kelly

How long have you been playing on THIS server?: 10/31/11

How often do you plan on being on THIS server?: Like forever.

Name any JrMods, Mods, or Admins who would vouch for you: I think anyone who feels they should vouch for me will do so.

Why do you deserve JrMod status? What sets you apart from the other players and would make you a good part of the staff?: Well. Ive been on the server quite a while ago, and I do think i've shown enough responsibility, to join staff.

What sets, me away from other players?

Personality: Well in my honest opinion, I believe I have a great personality, and I'm quite easy to talk to, so for say a player is having a problem, I don't believe he/she would would have an issue with telling me about it. I also think I can make someone comfortable if they're feeling kinda, left out.

Knowledge: Since I have been on oasis  for quite a while now, I think I know the whole routine. Of course not so much about staff, but I know how you're supposed to act. I'm not gonna lie, I have not read the rules all the way through, but I do know the mains. DONT GRIEF. BE RESPECTFUL. I can definitely brush up on the rules too. I think I can enforce them pretty dang well too.

Active-ness: I have definitely been active in the past several months, unfortunately i cannot promise I'll be on at 3am. I can promise, every minute I am on, I'll be excited like its the first day I joined. I don't really think of this as a chore, I feel as if this is more of game, but with a lil bit more responsibility. I like the Idea of that.

Maturity:  I do believe I have come a long way on oasis from all the days Ive logged in, everyday is a bit different. I can tell you i don't type like
2011 me: OMG TY SM 4 THE DIMUNDS TUY PLS!
2013 me: Haha, Thanks for the diamonds, I appreciate it so much :)
I do believe that someone shouldn't judge someone by their builds but, My technique has come a long way, from when I started playing minecraft. Especially Oasis being my first server.

Judgment: I think as anyone should have, I have a good amount of judgement. Especially when it will come to punishments, like for example: If someone were to do something bad, and needed to be punished, I could help their decision, on their punishment. Also I think I know when someones had enough of annoyance, so I could remind someone they could've crossed the line.

Ability to handle criticism: This is kind of a touchy subject but I do think I have quite thick skin, For example if someones friend got banned, they would probably take their anger out on me by calling me some words, that someone would not like to be called, and could make that person sad on the inside. With me if someone were to say something rude or dis-tasteful to me, it kinda be "Oh well, You don't know me as a person, so your words mean nothing to me.."

Ability to cooperate with others: I do think I have made a lot of friends over oasis, some even better than in real life. Which means, I could help them a lot easier because I have them in skype, or over Steam, ect ect. Most of the time i'm a really easy person to cooperate with because I'm ALWAYS HAPPYY TO HELP YO, and I love to solve, or discuss issues with people, because I love when people are happy, not sad.

Flexibility: I'm very easy to negotiate with. Usually I'm always happy to stop building something to answer a question, or help someone else build something. I love to do things that will help the server, also i love seeing people striving with their knowledge that I have shined on them (shined idk) but I think that I'm always open to new ideas, it never has to be my way.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST

Intelligence: I do think I'm quite a smart person, and I don't think I can be tricked easily. I know when someone is lying blatantly, or when someone needs to shut up, I'll tell them. I'll know if you griefed something, Ill know if you're talking about me behind my back, but aside of the negatives. I'll also notice if you're building a lot, and I'll tell someone, and possibly you'll be recognized as artisan at promos. Or if you're being genuinely nice. Ill notice if you're sucking up, Ill notice if you're legitimately being a good person.

Thank you so much :)

-Kelly

Last edited by Keshaluver on Sat 24 Aug 2013 - 19:06; edited 2 times in total

Name any JrMods, Mods, or Admins who would vouch for you: I think anyone who feels they should vouch for me will do so.

Why do you deserve JrMod status? What sets you apart from the other players and would make you a good part of the staff?: Well. Ive been on the server quite a while ago, and I do think i've shown enough responsibility, to join staff.

Personality: Well in my honest opinion, I believe I have a great personality, and I'm quite easy to talk to, so for say a player is having a problem, I don't believe he/she would would have an issue with telling me about it. I also think I can make someone comfortable if they're feeling kinda, left out.

Knowledge: Since I have been on oasis  for quite a while now, I think I know the whole routine. Of course not so much about staff, but I know how you're supposed to act. I'm not gonna lie, I have not read the rules all the way through, but I do know the mains. DONT GRIEF. BE RESPECTFUL. I can definitely brush up on the rules too. I think I can enforce them pretty dang well too.

Active-ness: I have definitely been active in the past several months, unfortunately i cannot promise I'll be on at 3am. I can promise, every minute I am on, I'll be excited like its the first day I joined. I don't really think of this as a chore, I feel as if this is more of game, but with a lil bit more responsibility. I like the Idea of that.

Maturity:  I do believe I have come a long way on oasis from all the days Ive logged in, everyday is a bit different. I can tell you i don't type like
I do believe that someone shouldn't judge someone by their builds but, My technique has come a long way, from when I started playing minecraft. Especially Oasis being my first server.

Judgment: I think as anyone should have, I have a good amount of judgement. Especially when it will come to punishments, like for example: If someone were to do something bad, and needed to be punished, I could help their decision, on their punishment. Also I think I know when someones had enough of annoyance, so I could remind someone they could've crossed the line.

Ability to handle criticism: This is kind of a touchy subject but I do think I have quite thick skin, For example if someones friend got banned, they would probably take their anger out on me by calling me some words, that someone would not like to be called, and could make that person sad on the inside. With me if someone were to say something rude or dis-tasteful to me, it kinda be "Oh well, You don't know me as a person, so your words mean nothing to me.."

Ability to cooperate with others: I do think I have made a lot of friends over oasis, some even better than in real life. Which means, I could help them a lot easier because I have them in skype, or over Steam, ect ect. Most of the time i'm a really easy person to cooperate with because I'm ALWAYS HAPPYY TO HELP YO, and I love to solve, or discuss issues with people, because I love when people are happy, not sad.

Flexibility: I'm very easy to negotiate with. Usually I'm always happy to stop building something to answer a question, or help someone else build something. I love to do things that will help the server, also i love seeing people striving with their knowledge that I have shined on them (shined idk) but I think that I'm always open to new ideas, it never has to be my way.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST

Intelligence: I do think I'm quite a smart person, and I don't think I can be tricked easily. I know when someone is lying blatantly, or when someone needs to shut up, I'll tell them. I'll know if you griefed something, Ill know if you're talking about me behind my back, but aside of the negatives. I'll also notice if you're building a lot, and I'll tell someone, and possibly you'll be recognized as artisan at promos. Or if you're being genuinely nice. Ill notice if you're sucking up, Ill notice if you're legitimately being a good person.

-Kelly

LAST BUT NOT LEAST

-Kelly

tl;dr I wake up every morning and think to myself "wow I just really miss fixing griefs."
Now that I'm almost done with school, I finally have time to get back to doing what I love you know?

Thank you for your time,
    Lina

Last edited by Lina on 4/1/2017, 3:33 pm; edited 7 times in total
Lina
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LinaVoltage JrMod Application

Post by ChaosTheoryJRH on 4/1/2017, 12:11 pm

This for JrMod? JrJrMod? JrJrJrMod?

Either way, I vouch.

ChaosTheoryJRH
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dtfgator on 4/1/2017, 12:12 pm

Vouch
dtfgator
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mooselbell on 4/1/2017, 12:15 pm

You so have my Vouch, fingers crossed this isn't a foolie joke

Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woori on 4/1/2017, 12:27 pm

Thank you for your enthusiasm with applying for staff. However, this application is a bit lacking of why we should bring you into the staff team. There are many people on the server who want to help others and to stop griefing, this does not make you stand out compared to other players.

What we want to know is what makes YOU unique when compared to other players who also are applying for staff and what qualities would make you a good staff member. Do you have any skills that would be beneficial as a staff member? Can you show your a team player and are able to cooperate with others even though you have different opinions? Is there something you do on the server that shows how you could be viable as a staff member?

It also helps to 'sell yourself' and show why staff should consider you as a possible staff member. Most of the staff we have today have given organized multi paragraph essays to show why they are staff material and have constantly shown dedication and behavior on the server that proves they are staff material.

A good way to start is to check out the staff applications of our current staff and see how they organize their application. It also helps to review your work to see that it is well written and free of errors. 

Hopefully this will help build up your application and show your strengths and skill you have as a member of the Oasis community.
Woori
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Keshaluver on 4/1/2017, 12:30 pm

Vouching for my daddy <3
Keshaluver
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lina on 4/1/2017, 12:38 pm

Woori wrote:Thank you for your enthusiasm with applying for staff. However, this application is a bit lacking of why we should bring you into the staff team. There are many people on the server who want to help others and to stop griefing, this does not make you stand out compared to other players.
I don't just want to fix griefs.
I REALLY want to fix griefs.
Reading comprehension no offense fam

Woori wrote:What we want to know is what makes YOU unique when compared to other players who also are applying for staff
I'm the only player on the server whose name is Angelina I think that's pretty unique?

Woori wrote:and what qualities would make you a good staff member. Do you have any skills that would be beneficial as a staff member? Can you show your a team player and are able to cooperate with others even though you have different opinions? Is there something you do on the server that shows how you could be viable as a staff member?
Wow I fixed your griefs for 2 years show some respekt

Woori wrote:It also helps to 'sell yourself' and show why staff should consider you as a possible staff member.
I'M NOT FOR SALE

Woori wrote:Most of the staff we have today have given organized multi paragraph essays to show why they are staff material and have constantly shown dedication and behavior on the server that proves they are staff material.
Excuse me, but I worked really hard on that essay

Woori wrote:A good way to start is to check out the staff applications of our current staff and see how they organize their application. It also helps to review your work to see that it is well written and free of errors. 
I did. I wrote mine differently so it wouldn't be copying the hardwork of others.
Also thank you, I did go back and fix a typo in my essay.
Edit: ok I added more please check the spoiler

Woori wrote:Hopefully this will help build up your application and show your strengths and skill you have as a member of the Oasis community.

I hope so too, have a nice day
Lina
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woori on 4/1/2017, 1:00 pm

well in that case I guess I have to vouch now
Woori
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lina on 4/1/2017, 1:05 pm

Thank you for the vouches friends!

If you think I should add something let me know :D
Lina
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosTheoryJRH on 4/1/2017, 1:47 pm

Little known fact:
The Gettysburg Address was originally Thomas Jefferson's application to staff on a minecraft server.
However it wasn't popularized until Lincoln gave it in 1693.

ChaosTheoryJRH
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Keshaluver on 4/1/2017, 2:20 pm

Vouch <3
Keshaluver
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shadeyghost on 4/1/2017, 2:30 pm

nuuuu why r u apply for jrmod and not admin, but vouch for senpai
shadeyghost
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons on 4/1/2017, 2:35 pm

You're really funny
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lina on 4/1/2017, 3:00 pm

ty i will take that as a compliment emers
ty shady (J;v;)J
ty kelly for vouching twice, the real mvp
ty chaos I had no idea

I will keep my ty posts to a minimum, I know multiple ty posts are kinda frowned on

Also I realized I forgot a really important vouch, I will edit that in
Lina
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaCreeper92 on 4/1/2017, 3:15 pm

Vouch!

Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 4/1/2017, 3:21 pm

Vouch
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OsgaTharp on 4/1/2017, 7:33 pm

Approved

Congratulations Lina!

Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tardis600 on 4/1/2017, 8:30 pm

One big VERY VERY TADRY VOUCH LOL

Tardis600
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 4/1/2017, 10:54 pm

Yooooo I didnt get to vouch thoooooo

Real quick, demote yourself so I can vouch plz

Only then will you have earned my vouch. Otherwise how will I know you're a good fit for the server
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tardis600 on 4/2/2017, 7:03 am

LOL

Tardis600
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 on 4/2/2017, 10:38 am

Locking this thread for now, let me know if you want it unlocked.

10/10 best prank ever.

madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top