A series of misfortunate leafvents

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A series of misfortunate leafvents

Post by jandavey on 2/26/2017, 2:04 am

I seem to have disappeared, but why?

No, I have not been captured by the US Government and interrogated as to why I claim to be a leaf or anything. At least, not after fleeing and changing my name and address. 

Anyways, I have been absent because things just keep popping up and just, you know, happening. The past few months have been sort of horrendous, but I've dealt with it just fine. Moving to a new school and getting slammed with this 8 class schedule, which I then switched to technically* 7 classes, has been very difficult and hard to adjust to considering that I used to take just 4 classes total per week. Now I have 4 per day, but a total of 8 different classes. Studying for 6 different classes, and having 6 different finals is not easy at all. Now, you're confused as to why I said 6, well that's because two of my 8* classes are support classes, except I count one as a legitimate class (TS) as it's half support, half college/career planning etc. the other I don't see as a real class, (Algebra 2 Support) which is why I said technically 7 classes.

Some of my more stressful weeks look like this: (On a 5 day class schedule)
Monday: 
U.S. History, Algebra 2, Health Career Core, Chemistry
Tuesday:
TS, Algebra 2 support, English, Spanish 2
Wednesday:
U.S. History, Alg. 2, Health Career cr, Chemistry
Thursday:
TS, Algebra 2 support, English, Spanish 2
Friday:
U.S. History Alg 2, Health Career, Chemistry

And I find this kind of schedule to be rather difficult because it stacks all of my super difficult classes into one day and then puts everything that is super easy into the next. I don't have balance in my schedule. If I miss a school day on, for instance, Monday, since I'm only given one day to make up for missing assignments, I'm now pretty much expected to go ahead and pick up four classes of work, plus any work for the other four classes, and do (potentially) 8 classes of homework in just one night. It's frustrating, but I'm sort of getting by.

Also, random things just keep happening. Two weeks ago, my dad just kinda said, hey, let's visit (the city we used to live in) and of course I couldn't say no, I love that place. Everything is there. We lived literally a mile away from the mall, there were restaurants practically next door, amazing place. I thought I'd be there for four hours, but, I think I spent the whole day there. The day after that, Sunday, is a day I have to use for school, church, and rest. Which was fine. Last weekend, I went to Lake Tahoe on a surprise trip from my parents and got stuck on Monday (we were planning to be back early morning Monday) due to an avalanche warning which caused severe traffic that eventually just trapped us for another day. We call my school to please excuse me absence, to which they deny as they believe that I am for some reason a weather controlling God. Which then caused me to miss all my hardest classes, and some teachers even refused to excuse me as well, and now I have a mountain of work. 

Now, a mountain of homework is like climbing a physical rocky mountain in that it is difficult. Although with the proper equipment it is possible to do both. But both are the same in that they are difficult to achieve if given a small amount of time. However, one should pick the mountain of homework as, the difference is you can always procrastinate until the very last hour and submit a work of insanity while sleep deprived. It would also be rather difficult for your dog to eat the rocky mountain. 

Now back to the original topic, I was going to do the mountain of work today after waking up at 8AM and having my breakfast and going to the bank. I arrive at the bank and I get in line, in the middle of the line, a bank lady offers to help me deposit my money at the ATM, I enter my debit card and PIN and just as I'm about to put in my deposit, I have to enter my PIN again because initially, the transaction canceled on me. Unfortunately, under stress I all of a sudden forgot my PIN even though I had literally just entered it 5 minutes ago. I do not know if it is mere stress or my disability, but the stress of "are you sure you don't remember?" and "take your time and then enter it" both being asked/said to me every 5 seconds was not helping me remember it at all. I eventually had to go to the teller, give the only identification I had on me, (an expired US passport & anschool ID) set my new PIN, and finally make the deposit. This literally took an eternity as the teller was more confused than I was. Then I get home and my dad has to leave, and just 20 minutes after he leaves, the garbage thingy goes moop, and actually burns up and makes the entire house smell awful, I call my dad, unplug the garbage thingy out of the (now burned brown) outlet, get out a mask, and open all the windows, doors, and fans, and get everyone to get out of the house. My eyes were absolutely burning. I had a mask, but it was a particle mask, it did not do an amazing job at blocking out the smell either. Eventually, we had to just take out the on button and leave it unplugged. Process took hours. I was too scared to even enter the home office/computer room until around now because it was so close to the garbage device that went moop. 

Maybe, it was another assassination attempt or the human government's way of saying, 
"we know where you live."

But it's ok, I swear there is no person named Jan here. In fact, I've never even met a person by that name. Ridiculous to look for them in a farmland anyway. 

The last three weeks have kind of been hell, with new and random incidents just popping up out of nowhere, and these couple incidents aren't even all of them. The end of the semester is in just two/three weeks, and my grades right now are awfully low. If they took my semester GPA right now as it is, it'd go down as a 2.88. There's a spring break in about 3 weeks. I can't predict the future, and I might either have a ton of free time over the next few weeks or no free time. I'll just have to see.

Very long story short: A series of misfortunate leafvents has drastically cut into my time here on oasis, and I have not died, or been captured by a lizard, a snake, or a human government. Yet.

jandavey
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile http://leafblock.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A series of misfortunate leafvents

Post by Woori on 2/26/2017, 2:32 am

Woori
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PandaGirl2112 on 2/26/2017, 5:01 am

Sad to hear that you have had these problems... I hope to see you soon again on the server! Also I know that it isn't really the right place and time for this, but I'm really curious of your schooling system ... Because here I have 13 classes in total from which i only don't study P.E. and 7 classes each day... Like I'm used to that because it has always been like that, and I completely understand your problem with the classes, and since you probably had less, this really messes you up ( I had the same problem when I started high school last September ) But as I said, I'm really curious on why do we have so many
PandaGirl2112
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons on 2/26/2017, 3:28 pm

It's a hard knock life lol but yeah sorry all this is happening to you. I'm no stranger to the whole "Life is too busy, school is crap, etc." stories. Just think, in what'll feel like no time, you'll be done with school. It feels like forever in the moment, but compared to your whole life, the struggle is only a short period of time. Hang in there and work really hard for another few years (I don't know exactly how old you are or what grade, but I have a general idea), and then school will be done and you won't have to fuss with all this crap anymore. The school systems of late are a bunch of nonsense, don't blame yourself.
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top