Dear GH Staff. . .

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dear GH Staff. . .

Post by Tardis600 on 2/2/2017, 5:09 pm

Dear Grief House Staff,

  I would just like to say that I am sorry for making the /Warp ItemHall. However, so far it has not been accepted yet, because I need to talk to you. I would first of all just like to say I didn't build /Warp ItemHall because I am mad I can't be staff for GH. I completely understand that you guys probably have enough people to help you on Grief House. I made /Warp ItemHall because I wanted to make something that will help other players get more items to use. I also have no clue why people think it is basically the same thing as Grief House, all you do at /Warp ItemHall is break blocks. (Whenever I feel like opening it.) It has, and will have no violence what so ever in it. But, in GH that is all you really do. So, let me explain more of what you would do if  my warp ever got accepted: like I said, there is no violence. Also, there will be no lava, flint and steel, etc. But, I would also like to say that I got the structure idea from GH, I liked the design, which I hope that is okay. So, literally you come (whenever I feel like doing one) and break blocks. I promise not to do one the same time as GH, for it will mess GH population up for that round.


So, the reason I made this is because I am not normally on when every GH staff is on, so I figured this would be easier. Please, if you are GH staff, please say if you are fine with me having it, or not fine with me having my warp! Thanks for taking time to read this, reading this means a lot to me. Thanks!

Tardis600
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Posts : 164
Join date : 2017-01-16
Age : 278
Location : Pluto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear GH Staff. . .

Post by Ripstik_Warrior on 2/2/2017, 5:36 pm

You will have to bring this up with one of the owners or admins. I have no say in this as of this moment. Thank you for this, though.

Ripstik_Warrior
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Posts : 5
Join date : 2016-09-04
Age : 20
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear GH Staff. . .

Post by Tardis600 on 2/2/2017, 5:38 pm

Owner Or Admin on this server, or GH owner? If so, who is Owner?

Tardis600
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Posts : 164
Join date : 2017-01-16
Age : 278
Location : Pluto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear GH Staff. . .

Post by Ripstik_Warrior on 2/2/2017, 5:39 pm

GH owner

Ripstik_Warrior
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Posts : 5
Join date : 2016-09-04
Age : 20
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear GH Staff. . .

Post by Ripstik_Warrior on 2/2/2017, 5:39 pm

TBRNTurbo

Ripstik_Warrior
Tree Puncher
Tree Puncher

Posts : 5
Join date : 2016-09-04
Age : 20
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear GH Staff. . .

Post by Tardis600 on 2/2/2017, 5:41 pm

Thanks Very Much.

Tardis600
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Posts : 164
Join date : 2017-01-16
Age : 278
Location : Pluto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear GH Staff. . .

Post by Shnoork on 2/2/2017, 9:44 pm

You do realise the core concept of Grief House is breaking blocks, right? Whatever PvP aspect is just flavor. What you have outlined is almost the exact same as Grief House minus the regulation (and consequently PvP, I guess. Though I dont remember Grief House having PvP. It has been a while, I could be wrong...)

Thats not to say it isn't worth the time or warp, but you do have to acknowledge that it is highly derivative.
avatar
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Posts : 1506
Join date : 2013-01-11
Age : 19
Location : Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear GH Staff. . .

Post by PandaGirl2112 on 2/3/2017, 11:40 am

I'm also one of the owners of GH with Turbo. I want to say that I really don't mind if the app gets accepted. But you can't keep saying it's nothing like GH, because it's the same thing. Also, like we didn't come up with GH either, it has been on the srv trough plenty of different maps, we are just the builders of the 1.11 GH.

I mean this post is great and all, but doesn't change the fact that you still are gonna keep saying it's like not the same at all >,<
avatar
PandaGirl2112
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Posts : 102
Join date : 2016-02-08
Age : 15
Location : Serbia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear GH Staff. . .

Post by hog02 on 2/3/2017, 11:43 am

GH has been a staple on Oasis for many maps. I completely agree with what you said Panda.
avatar
hog02
Banned
Banned

Posts : 85
Join date : 2015-04-30
Age : 15
Location : Massachuesetts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear GH Staff. . .

Post by Mattoosie62 on 2/3/2017, 5:31 pm

I'm a Moo-Owner also mean Co-Owner of GH and basically what Panda and Shnoork have said is right all we did was add some PvP in that one game we have plans to more that don't necessarily mean we it will always be PvP.

Another note to keep rubbing it but as Panda and Shnoork said what you are doing is the complete same just aren't allowing PvP which fine but doesn't mean it is nothing like GH. But if you wanted to put a suggestion in that maybe the next one round we do that we don't do PvP we (us GH staff) could talk about if you rather not have PvP. 

Yes, Shnoork we did add PvP for our first round of GH just to give a taste to the people and see if they would like us to do it again or not kinda thorugh out the option of whether we do it again or not thought we just added as a choice.

Thanks ~Matt
avatar
Mattoosie62
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Posts : 273
Join date : 2014-01-03
Age : 18
Location : Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear GH Staff. . .

Post by Revilo410 on 2/3/2017, 5:46 pm

Okay so usually staff have total say in deciding warps etc. but in this situation it is important for the current GH team to have a say. So far I dont think any GH team members have opposed the idea but I could be wrong? I suggest Tardis that you contact Turbo who is possibly the only remaining owner and check with him. Yes the idea is very similar to GH but it is not a themed arena, it is just a solid structure of blocks to break to get the items. I used to own Grief House before and if it were my decision Id allow Tardis to have this warp, simply because GH is such a long standing thing that nothing can truly replace it, so its not like the warp will become a competitior to GH. I just think its a nice little warp which is a very mini gh of sorts. If this maps GH owners approve of the warp then I will happily accept it :)

_________________

::Profile::   Staff Profile - 2016
::Quotes::  Good, Better, Best. Do not rest until your good is better, and your better best.
::Rank::     Admin [As of December 2015]
avatar
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Posts : 1760
Join date : 2012-01-30
Age : 19
Location : London

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear GH Staff. . .

Post by HealthMagazine on 2/3/2017, 10:07 pm

Revilo410 wrote:Okay so usually staff have total say in deciding warps etc. but in this situation it is important for the current GH team to have a say. So far I dont think any GH team members have opposed the idea but I could be wrong? I suggest Tardis that you contact Turbo who is possibly the only remaining owner and check with him. Yes the idea is very similar to GH but it is not a themed arena, it is just a solid structure of blocks to break to get the items. I used to own Grief House before and if it were my decision Id allow Tardis to have this warp, simply because GH is such a long standing thing that nothing can truly replace it, so its not like the warp will become a competitior to GH. I just think its a nice little warp which is a very mini gh of sorts. If this maps GH owners approve of the warp then I will happily accept it :)
It is why I put on their warp app pending, and then under that I put the names of people who are for and those of them who are against (none of them so far)
avatar
HealthMagazine
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Posts : 900
Join date : 2014-05-13
Age : 19
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear GH Staff. . .

Post by Revilo410 on 2/4/2017, 3:04 am

HealthMagazine wrote:
Revilo410 wrote:Okay so usually staff have total say in deciding warps etc. but in this situation it is important for the current GH team to have a say. So far I dont think any GH team members have opposed the idea but I could be wrong? I suggest Tardis that you contact Turbo who is possibly the only remaining owner and check with him. Yes the idea is very similar to GH but it is not a themed arena, it is just a solid structure of blocks to break to get the items. I used to own Grief House before and if it were my decision Id allow Tardis to have this warp, simply because GH is such a long standing thing that nothing can truly replace it, so its not like the warp will become a competitior to GH. I just think its a nice little warp which is a very mini gh of sorts. If this maps GH owners approve of the warp then I will happily accept it :)
It is why I put on their warp app pending, and then under that I put the names of people who are for and those of them who are against (none of them so far)
oh perfect! My bad hadn't noticed that, I think I only saw the app when it was first put in :P

_________________

::Profile::   Staff Profile - 2016
::Quotes::  Good, Better, Best. Do not rest until your good is better, and your better best.
::Rank::     Admin [As of December 2015]
avatar
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Posts : 1760
Join date : 2012-01-30
Age : 19
Location : London

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear GH Staff. . .

Post by Shnoork on 2/4/2017, 1:22 pm

Can I ask why this is under "introductions?" Just took that in.
avatar
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Posts : 1506
Join date : 2013-01-11
Age : 19
Location : Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear GH Staff. . .

Post by Mattoosie62 on 2/4/2017, 1:50 pm

Shnoork wrote:Can I ask why this is under "introductions?" Just took that in.
Moved to Off-Topic Now
avatar
Mattoosie62
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Posts : 273
Join date : 2014-01-03
Age : 18
Location : Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear GH Staff. . .

Post by Tardis600 on 2/4/2017, 4:54 pm

I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to put it on introductions, I really didn't mean to and I am really sorry. I am so sorry.

Tardis600
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Posts : 164
Join date : 2017-01-16
Age : 278
Location : Pluto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear GH Staff. . .

Post by Tardis600 on 2/4/2017, 5:01 pm

I would just like to say, since I read the GH staffs comments, I think this warp application should be denied. Too many people say it is too close to GH. So I don't want to get in trouble or cause any trouble. If you can, please deny this warp.

Tardis600
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Posts : 164
Join date : 2017-01-16
Age : 278
Location : Pluto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear GH Staff. . .

Post by Shnoork on 2/4/2017, 5:06 pm

No big deal, champ. Just try to be aware of where you put stuff in the future. Its good to keep the forum organized so anyone can look up past posts should the need arise.

As for the warp itself, it really doesnt matter that it's derivative of a previous implementation. Everyone seems pretty cool with it to me. Dont be so hard on yourself, there's no need to undercut your own efforts. If you built this thing I see no point in denying people use of it.
avatar
Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Posts : 1506
Join date : 2013-01-11
Age : 19
Location : Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear GH Staff. . .

Post by Tardis600 on 2/4/2017, 5:15 pm

Thanks Shnoork for the positive comment, I will think about whether asking them not to deny it or not. I would at least like to make the warp to keep for new players.

Tardis600
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Posts : 164
Join date : 2017-01-16
Age : 278
Location : Pluto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear GH Staff. . .

Post by 4emersons on 2/4/2017, 8:55 pm

Tardis600 wrote:I would just like to say, since I read the GH staffs comments, I think this warp application should be denied. Too many people say it is too close to GH. So I don't want to get in trouble or cause any trouble. If you can, please deny this warp.
If we can't make warps that are similar to others, then idk where we would be as a server. lol I mean every single town is similar in some ways to previous towns. Almost every town is the same concept, just like your warp application is the same concept as GH. But, just like each town has its own details and things that make it unique to itself, I would assume yours has your own design and stuff and it isn't exactly like GH. It's okay to have two similar warps like that (I remember a map where we had at least 2 or 3 warps for spleef arenas), I think the thing they had a problem with was the fact that you said it was not like GH at all. Don't take their constructive criticism as them hating the idea, because as Shnoork said, there's no point in denying people use of it just because there is another similar idea out there. Neither warp is going to put the other one "out of business" so to speak, so I don't see a reason it shouldn't be accepted.
avatar
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Posts : 2453
Join date : 2013-01-11
Age : 18
Location : Minnesota, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear GH Staff. . .

Post by ChaosTheoryJRH on 2/4/2017, 10:29 pm

As the original Owner/Co-Creator of GH years and years ago, I can assure you it was never an original idea.
To put it bluntly, it's griefing. Just you know, it's not against the rules because we say it's okay lol.

If you wanna make an event that is similar, then go for it. Everyone likes free stuff anyways.
Oh, and fun fact: It wasn't always called GriefHouse either. We called it Weekly Grief for the first 3 weeks or so.

ChaosTheoryJRH
Banned
Banned

Posts : 1690
Join date : 2011-05-01
Age : 25
Location : BF, SC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear GH Staff. . .

Post by Mattoosie62 on 2/4/2017, 10:46 pm

I'm totally fine with this just you keep saying it's nothing like GH which it kinda is the same but anyways I'm totally fine with you having this warp

~Matt
avatar
Mattoosie62
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Posts : 273
Join date : 2014-01-03
Age : 18
Location : Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum