Frequently Asked Questions: Member Applications!
Q: Do I have to apply for Member?
A: No, you do not. Although you are missing out on promotions and other bonuses!
Q: Why isn't my Member application being approved?
A: You've either not followed the format, written a poor app or have posted multiple apps. Staff could also be busy.
Q: What is a vouch?
A: A vouch is when somebody, other than yourself, agrees that you deserve the rank you're applying for.
Q: Do I need vouches to become a Member?
A: No, you do not. However, vouches may get your application noticed, decreasing the time it takes for you to be promoted.
Q: Why should I apply for member?
A: You get access to /kit ironkit and are able to be promoted to higher ranks! See This link http://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/t9-descriptions-of-rank for the different promotion ranks and the perks for each!
Q: Will I lose my rank if I'm inactive?
A: No, only staff can be demoted for inactivity.
Q: What makes a good member app?
A: Please see the examples below for the things we look for in a well done Member Application.
Why is this a good membership application?Topic Title: John123 - Member App
Minecraft username: John123
Discord username (username#0000):John#1234
Where did you find out about Oasis SMP?: minestatus.net
How long have you been playing on THIS server?: 2 days
How often do you plan on being on THIS server?: For as long as I can
Have you voted for Oasis at www.bit.ly/oasisv ?: Yes
Do you agree not to give out spawned items from any kits you will get with or after Member rank: Yes
Name any Trusted, Trusted+, Artisans, Veterans, Architects, JrMods, Mods and/or Admins who would vouch for you (Do not assume, you have to specifically ask if they'll vouch): Trusted123 and Trusted+123
Why do you want to become a member of the Oasis Community? How do we know you can be trusted? (Please say more than just "I don't grief" or "I am going to record"):
I enjoy playing on Oasis very much, and would like to become part of the community. I'm a friendly player, who can follow the rules and I have posted a thread in the introduction section to let you guys know a bit more about me :)
1. The player used the provided member application format.
2. The player has voted for Oasis and found someone who can vouch for him (this is not required, but will help).
3. The application is well written without too many spelling mistakes and grammar errors.
4. The player has already taken the initiative to become part of the community, by posting a thread in the introduction section.
Why is this a bad membership application?I want member, plz givme so I can get high rank quick and powers. I no cheat or break rules.
1. The player did not use the provided membership application format.
2. The application is poorly written, with many spelling mistakes and grammar errors.
3. Although the player says that he won't break the rules, only wanting to become a member to get high ranks and the perks that follow, isn't really reason enough to become a member of the Oasis community.
If you have any more questions, feel free to contact the Staff!
- Forum Admin
- Posts : 939
Join date : 2014-08-13
Age : 30
Location : Ontario, Canada
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum