Oasis MC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Poll] PvP Combat Changes

Go down

Which type of combat do you prefer?

[Poll] PvP Combat Changes I_vote_lcap24%[Poll] PvP Combat Changes I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 5 ]
[Poll] PvP Combat Changes I_vote_lcap48%[Poll] PvP Combat Changes I_vote_rcap 48% 
[ 10 ]
[Poll] PvP Combat Changes I_vote_lcap28%[Poll] PvP Combat Changes I_vote_rcap 28% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 21

[Poll] PvP Combat Changes Empty [Poll] PvP Combat Changes

Post by OsgaTharp on 9/6/2016, 10:48 am

Hey guys, the PvP world is going to be updated to 1.10 and the map will be completely reset. I also plan on making changes to the worlds combat, but I would like opinions on it before I do it. One of the biggest complaints about PvP is that people don't like the 1.9 combat system and prefer 1.8 combat. Most PvP servers stuck with 1.8 combat due to the high demand for it. It's no secret that the PvP server is lacking in players, and I feel like this might be one of the issues.

So, I would like your feedback on what you would like for PvP. If you don't play on the PvP server I'd still like you to vote on what you would like if you were to join.

Also, just to say it again, the PvP mapĀ WILL BE RESET.
OsgaTharp
OsgaTharp
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

[Poll] PvP Combat Changes Empty Re: [Poll] PvP Combat Changes

Post by Raybiii on 9/6/2016, 2:54 pm

When will the map be resetting?
Raybiii
Raybiii
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by OsgaTharp on 9/6/2016, 4:21 pm

The map will most likely be reset in 2-3 days
OsgaTharp
OsgaTharp
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Bain on 9/6/2016, 5:05 pm

I used to play many pvp servers and still do every once in a while and here is my opinion.

Both versions are completely broken and have downgraded the pvp experience in order to appeal more to the survival community, which is what Minecraft was made for. 1.7 was without a doubt was the best version for pvp, rip :(. However I don't think it would be best for Oasis to switch to 1.7 because it is so outdated. 1.8 in my opinion is the best possible option as it is simply a more enjoyable combat system. While hits are delayed and it feels funky, it's the best available experience possible. 1.9+ is different and I don't think it's too bad at all, but it's not Minecraft, it would fit more for another game. It kinda destroys the whole simplistic block game feel and over complicates things while making it less enjoyable (for me at least.) It's something everyone could get used to and could be really fun once everyone figures it out and understands how it works. I'm still going to vote for 1.8 for the reasons I stated earlier. Either way I think it'll be just fine, it's fun just kinda running around killing ppl everyone once in a while lol.
Bain
Bain
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mefabe on 9/6/2016, 6:56 pm

I personally prefer the 1.9 pvp as it requires some actual skill to the game. but i honestly dontĀ mind the 1.8 version. Both will do, im just glad to even have the option of a PvP world (even tho i dont really play it) and plus, no matter which version is used, i don't think that will have a big effect on how many people play on the server. I believe the reason so few people play is because the average person in the oasis community prefers anti-grief survival over pvp.
mefabe
mefabe
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by OsgaTharp on 9/9/2016, 9:22 am

Last chance to put forward your feedback! This change isn't only for the current players, but the change is to bring in new people to the PvP server now that we are a Bungee server instead of just being smp.
OsgaTharp
OsgaTharp
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum