Oasis MC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JrMod Andesconin

+6
Paxination
Heisenberg
Revilo410
Gweedo358
Keshaluver
Andesconin
10 posters

Go down

JrMod Andesconin Empty JrMod Andesconin

Post by Andesconin 1/12/2014, 7:07 pm

Minecraft username: Andesconin

Real name (recommended): Andrew

How long have you been playing on THIS server?: since April 2011, so almost 3 years

How often do you plan on being on THIS server?: I don't see myself leaving this server in the near or far future.

Name any JrMods, Mods, or Admins who would vouch for you: Gimmie a sec... Jawell (will update)

Why do you deserve JrMod status? What sets you apart from the other players and would make you a good part of the staff?: 

Well to start off, I'm asking the staff who know me to make a judgement based on what they know about me. i don't desperately want to be a jrmod at all. i wouldn't mind being staff, but what i really want is to be a closer part of the oasis community. I lose interest in things very quickly, especially when i feel like i'm wasting my time. However, i feel like if i had some sort of responsibility i wouldn't feel so bad spending so much time playing minecraft, and i would stick around for much longer periods of time. For those who haven't noticed, I tend to play for a few wees and then dissapear for months and i don't like that. i come back and there are all these new faces and the friends that i had before have left. I joined oasis in college because i wanted to play minecraft, but i found a group of people that kept me sane and kept me from falling into depression. (the minecraft music in the background is making this sound sappy lol) But enough about that. As far as my character goes for the staff that don't know me or don't know me all that well;

I'm a 21 year old, college student / construction worker. I've played on oasis for almost 3 years off and on. I've never griefed anyone in those years, i've never stolen anything, and i don't think i ever intentionally broke any rules. I do my best to make sure new players are welcome and to help out staff anyway i can. I also like to build, but 'm no architect. i have the ideas, just not the time to follow thru. Which reminds me, i work. A lot. 6 days a week 50-60 hours a week. i have a few hours to myself everyday from 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm eastern time. so thats when i could get on during weekdays. i get off early on saturdays and i don't work sundays. 
Andesconin
Andesconin
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

JrMod Andesconin Empty Re: JrMod Andesconin

Post by Keshaluver 1/12/2014, 10:15 pm

This is an absolutely wonderful app. This is well written and very professional. I could suggest that you stay active throughout the month and the you will have my vouch!
Keshaluver
Keshaluver
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gweedo358 1/13/2014, 2:24 pm

Everyone on the server who knows me, knows this, I am a tell it like it is guy... First you have been afk for over a year and half. I am very active staff member I am not the champion of being online but I haven't missed a day in a long time and we both in the same time zone and I have never seen you.

So best thing I can say is to play for a Month or Two and try again..
Gweedo358
Gweedo358
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 1/13/2014, 3:10 pm

Gweedo358 wrote:Everyone on the server who knows me, knows this, I am a tell it like it is guy... First you have been afk for over a year and half. I am very active staff member I am not the champion of being online but I haven't missed a day in a long time and we both in the same time zone and I have never seen you.

I have to agree. I have been here over 2 years and only remember seeing you when I was a guest in my first few months. I remember you being a nice, friendly person though, so Im sure after playing a few months you'll be a very good candidate :)

::Rank::     Admin [As of December 2015]
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg 1/13/2014, 3:13 pm

You were a great friend and player way back in 2011, I'd definitely vouch providing you be a bit more active.
Heisenberg
Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Andesconin 1/13/2014, 6:42 pm

Gweedo358 wrote:Everyone on the server who knows me, knows this, I am a tell it like it is guy... First you have been afk for over a year and half. I am very active staff member I am not the champion of being online but I haven't missed a day in a long time and we both in the same time zone and I have never seen you.

This is the only app i'm going to post. Like i tried to explain, i don't know if i'll be a good jr.mod or not, i'm just asking for some sort of responsibility to keep me here on the server. hmm, let me put it this way, whenever i'm on the ts server and start talking about beta, everyone goes into nostalgia mode. what bothers me about it is that there is so much that i missed that i wish i was a part of and as of right now i cannot justify spending so much free time on minecraft. btw i'm so sorry for typing these long messages... they just happen. Anyway i'm gonna try to stay active weekly for a while, build a house, meet new people, maybe even resurrect my old guild
Andesconin
Andesconin
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination 1/14/2014, 2:29 pm

Andesconin wrote:

This is the only app i'm going to post. Like i tried to explain, i don't know if i'll be a good jr.mod or not, i'm just asking for some sort of responsibility to keep me here on the server. hmm, let me put it this way, whenever i'm on the ts server and start talking about beta, everyone goes into nostalgia mode. what bothers me about it is that there is so much that i missed that i wish i was a part of and as of right now i cannot justify spending so much free time on minecraft. btw i'm so sorry for typing these long messages... they just happen. Anyway i'm gonna try to stay active weekly for a while, build a house, meet new people, maybe even resurrect my old guild

The main quality we look into a new staff member is DEDICATION. We want to see you to WANT to be on the server on your own free will. Needing some sort of responsibility to keep you on it is the complete opposite of what we look for. We want some one that is an active part of the community, both on the forums and on the server.
Paxination
Paxination
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by timlebrun21 1/14/2014, 2:46 pm

I do not think you deserve jr mod, I've never seen you on the sever before and as pax said that's what you need to do and not be inactive for a year and a half. I'm sorry but I will not vouch
timlebrun21
timlebrun21
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse 1/14/2014, 8:12 pm

Im gonna add on to that i have been on the server for at least 4 months now and i have NEVER seen you before. And if what everyone else says is true about being inactive for a year. That shows you are nowhere near ready for staff
ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Andesconin 1/14/2014, 8:41 pm

yeah you both are probably right about that, it was an idea i wanted to share and get opinions on, there are other means to give myself responsibilities on oasis than becoming staff, and i think i'll explore those routes first

-edit-
Also, when i was filling out the app it kinda bothered me that it was the same format as all the rank apps... you should add a section for qualifications, like previous experience and special characteristics and things of that sort, since staff is more of a job and less like a rank
Andesconin
Andesconin
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gweedo358 1/15/2014, 1:41 pm

We as staff treat the JrMod app as a maturity test. We want anyone who fills it out to figure out this is a resume not just your average warp app or member app. We want people to take it upon themselves to add anything they feel will help them just like a resume does in the real world. There is nothing in the rules that says you must answer the questions as they are and that's it. We want the applicants to take it upon themselves to add what ever is relevant or not. There is nothing wrong with adding job experience or clubs or anything that may tell a story about you.

All who read this: Remember you are trying to sell yourself to US. If you don't tell us anything about yourself, how are we supposed to know who you are?
Gweedo358
Gweedo358
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhoblophone 1/15/2014, 3:45 pm

Andesconin wrote: you should add a section for qualifications, like previous experience and special characteristics and things of that sort, since staff is more of a job and less like a rank
Ummmm, make parts in your reasons why you deserve it section, put a heading that says: Qualifications:  And then sub headings like Previous Experience:, Special Characteristics:, the app format is more a guideline in my eyes, add as much to it as you want.
Xhoblophone
Xhoblophone
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/15/2014, 6:16 pm

Xhoblophone wrote:
Andesconin wrote: you should add a section for qualifications, like previous experience and special characteristics and things of that sort, since staff is more of a job and less like a rank
Ummmm, make parts in your reasons why you deserve it section, put a heading that says: Qualifications:  And then sub headings like Previous Experience:, Special Characteristics:, the app format is more a guideline in my eyes, add as much to it as you want.

This^
some people go all out and make bulletlists or different paragraphs with titles just for that section.
If you want a good idea of how these apps should look, go look at the apps from people who did get staff

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 1/15/2014, 8:18 pm

Keshaluver wrote:This is an absolutely wonderful app. This is well written and very professional. I could suggest that you stay active throughout the month and the you will have my vouch!
I'm gonna leave a time bomb here too. I say give it another week, because then you'll be 'back', in my books.

I really don't think people should comment here, unless they've actually played with Ande in the past, because otherwise you have nothing to judge on. Most of you openly admit to never playing with him before. Real brilliant. Judge the guy you've never played with. As a long time friend and fellow player, I can say that Ande goes above and beyond on the maturity levels. He's considerate and fair. He's even-headed and analytic. He's an outstanding guy, and definitely deserves this.
mickdude2
mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Andesconin 1/18/2014, 2:44 am

mickdude2 wrote:
Keshaluver wrote:This is an absolutely wonderful app. This is well written and very professional. I could suggest that you stay active throughout the month and the you will have my vouch!
I'm gonna leave a time bomb here too. I say give it another week, because then you'll be 'back', in my books.

I really don't think people should comment here, unless they've actually played with Ande in the past, because otherwise you have nothing to judge on. Most of you openly admit to never playing with him before. Real brilliant. Judge the guy you've never played with. As a long time friend and fellow player, I can say that Ande goes above and beyond on the maturity levels. He's considerate and fair. He's even-headed and analytic. He's an outstanding guy, and definitely deserves this.

Oh no they do have a point, the fact that they've never seen me is a valid point. i know they can't make any judgement on my character, but i agree with everyone that says i'm not dedicated enough. I'm hoping to change that of course, but i take everything here as constructive criticism.

And i guess i had a brain fart when writing my app because i was under the impression that i had to strictly follow the guideline :P 

also, i'm flattered mick, i didn't realize i made that kind of impression. I'm usuallly quiet cause i'm building n stuff. Anyway, this is getting of topic, sorry. I'm gonna make another edit to my app if i can, if not i'll eventually make a new, more organized app.
Andesconin
Andesconin
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum