Oasis MC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hello its JKMB95 again

Go down

hello its JKMB95 again Empty hello its JKMB95 again

Post by JKMB95 on 10/24/2013, 7:41 pm

Hey guys and gals, i posted this here because i wanted to say something about chef_burke who was temp banned a week ago. He is a really nice guy and he feels really bad about the gold blocks he took when he first joined last month. He only recently joined minecraft and is very new to the game and how servers work so back to what i would like to request.. it would be really nice if someone could shorten his ban by a few more days or even unban him now, hes always asking me how people are on the server and whats new on oasis and whatnot but it would be a really big favor if this was made possible. If it comes to it, revoke my donator prefix and all the perks that i have to it, It would be great if he could come back on sooner for 1.7 if possible :/

Thank you for taking time to read this probably useless message and have a good day.
JKMB95
JKMB95
JKMB95
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

hello its JKMB95 again Empty Re: hello its JKMB95 again

Post by Xhoblophone on 10/24/2013, 8:04 pm

He was only tempbanned a week, that's pretty acceptable, don't ask for people to be unbanned, you'll get in trouble, I'd be calling for a lock of this topic.
Xhoblophone
Xhoblophone
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons on 10/24/2013, 8:26 pm

We are not getting 1.7 still for a little while.  And, it is just a week, which is a pretty fair ban for what he did, even if he is new to the game.  I would suggest to new players to know what you are doing before doing anything, because there is always the possibility of doing something against the rules without knowing it.
4emersons
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by JKMB95 on 10/24/2013, 8:40 pm

@ Xhoblophone. yes i know it could get me in trouble but hes a really good friend of mine (in fact i think he was my first true friend i had ever got XD) but wouldnt you at least try for a good friend of yours? sorry if i sound like a jerk saying that.
JKMB95
JKMB95
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhoblophone on 10/24/2013, 8:46 pm

Not saying you shouldn't support your friend, but he has to fulfill his punishment. Don't worry, it will take the server probably around 2 weeks before it is updated for 1.7. So he'll be back soon enough.Smile
Xhoblophone
Xhoblophone
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 10/24/2013, 8:51 pm

Yeah sorry. Tempbans dont normally get shortened appealed. The point of a tempban is a form of punishment. A reminder when you come back, hey, im not exempt. Not saying Chef_burke thought that, but that is its purpose.

And we only handle appeals from the person that was banned/tempbanned.

Oh and like they said, it will be a couple weeks before we update to 1.7. We are expecting 1.7 to be out the end of the month, 1 week from today. Then we have to wait for bukkit to update, a week at most. Then we have to wait for most of our plugins to update. Then we have to run a test server to see if the plugins that havent updated will work with the latest version of bukkit. So your looking at about 1 week before 1.7 comes out (guessing), then about 2 weeks of waiting/testing. So no more than 3 weeks from now. Lets just say between 2-3 weeks. He will be back in time for 1.7 to start.
Paxination
Paxination
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhoblophone on 10/24/2013, 8:53 pm

Paxination wrote:  Lets just say between 2-3 weeks. 
I've heard that 1.7 is scheduled for Friday, regardless, Burke should be back before the server is 1.7 anyways, just wanted to point that out.
Xhoblophone
Xhoblophone
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 10/25/2013, 3:20 pm

I would have to agree with everyone else. He broke the rules and is going to be punished for it. Plus i can guarntee he will be back before 1.7 becuase we are dealing with Mojong, they always say an update wil be out one day and five weeks later the update still wont be out so i am 100 % certain he will be back before the update. Mojong has a very few staff so the programing takes awhile and the updates always show up at least a month later then they were suppose to be. Just tell him the ban will be over soon enough
ThunderHorse
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg on 10/25/2013, 3:24 pm

ThunderTheW0lf wrote:I would have to agree with everyone else. He broke the rules and is going to be punished for it. Plus i can guarntee he will be back before 1.7 becuase we are dealing with Mojong, they always say an update wil be out one day and five weeks later the update still wont be out so i am 100 % certain he will be back before the update. Mojong has a very few staff so the programing takes awhile and the updates always show up at least a month later then they were suppose to be. Just tell him the ban will be over soon enough
The update is out, has been for a few hours. We're waiting for the plugins to update before we do.
Heisenberg
Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum