jackOPS goes for JrMod

View previous topic View next topic Go down

jackOPS goes for JrMod

Post by jackOPSftw on 10/22/2013, 3:37 am

jackOPSftw goes for the first ever Australian staff member (for the record).

Minecraft username: jackOPSftw

Real name (recommended): Jack

Age: 15

How long have you been playing on this server? I joined April 27th 2012.

How often do you plan on being on this server? Forever?

Name any staff members who would vouch for you: Will add this later (Haven't asked).

Why do you deserve JrMod status? What sets you apart from other players and would make you a good part of the staff?
Commencer. Hi I'm Jack and I've been apart of this server since the 1.2.5 map, I joined the server when I was 13, on the edge of immatureness, now 15, I believe I have the greatest of capabilities I've ever had. As I've been here for a while, (not that long comparing to other players like Mefabe lol), I believe I've had enough time and experience on oasis that I'm highly educated of the following attributes:

- Highly competent in awareness of the rules, and ability to enforce them.
- Highly ompetent in encouraging the education of the rules.
- Have motivating ethics to catch griefers, and to use staff powers appropriately.
- High competency in the area of english (I'm top 10 in my grade in English :D)
- Time management: schoolwork and Minecraft, (e.g. I won't just randomly won't come online for 4 days because of homework.

Bias: I like to tackle things with little bias, and to approach an issue with clearing out outside beliefs etc.

Thank you for reading my application for JrMod, any constructive criticism is highly encouraged.

Exeunt.


Last edited by jackOPSftw on 10/24/2013, 1:58 am; edited 3 times in total
avatar
jackOPSftw
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Posts : 683
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 19
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jackOPS goes for JrMod

Post by FairyNinjaStar on 10/22/2013, 9:24 am

For such a well written application, and for the fact that you are an aussie (and the first to become a staff person), you get my vouch! Although, I don't know if mine counts really since I'm only trusted and not actual staff? Embarassed
avatar
FairyNinjaStar
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Posts : 230
Join date : 2013-06-13
Age : 38
Location : 2nd star to the right and straight on till morning

View user profile http://sarahchristina.hubpages.com

Back to top Go down

Re: jackOPS goes for JrMod

Post by 4emersons on 10/22/2013, 10:37 am

[EDIT]   I am taking back my vouch, due to what Gweedo said.  I thought that me never seeing you online was just because you are on different times, but now that I read what Gweedo said, assuming that Gweedo is telling the truth, which there is no reason he wouldn't be, I don't think that you would be a good staff member.  There is not one member of staff that isn't excited about playing Minecraft, at least to my knowledge.  We cannot have staff members who are bored of the game.  Plain and simple.


Last edited by 4emersons on 10/22/2013, 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My mind was changed by what Gweedo posted.)
avatar
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Posts : 2436
Join date : 2013-01-11
Age : 18
Location : Minnesota, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jackOPS goes for JrMod

Post by Gweedo358 on 10/22/2013, 11:06 am

****What you are about to read is feedback****

Jack , Yes you have been on this server long before I got here, but you have not been active for months. The staff on Oasis is here because they want to. Most cant wait to play MC. I have seen you say several time you are bored of MC. Well that doesn't fly with me. I don't want bored staff members. Oasis has no need for them. Play for some months again and make sure you want to be here, not just ooooh I am bored today so I will fill out a JrMod app.
avatar
Gweedo358
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1144
Join date : 2012-06-03
Age : 50
Location : Unknown Bunker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jackOPS goes for JrMod

Post by Guest on 10/22/2013, 10:38 pm

FairyNinjaStar wrote:For such a well written application, and for the fact that you are an aussie (and the first to become a staff person), you get my vouch! Although, I don't know if mine counts really since I'm only trusted and not actual staff? Embarassed
eryone can vouch for things .w.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: jackOPS goes for JrMod

Post by Paxination on 10/23/2013, 2:56 am

Yeah I really cant take this seriously. Remember the time you logged in on your sisters account with that offensive skin? Not exactly role model material! Yeah you might have changed since then, but you've made a pretty bad impression on most of the staff by now at one point in time or another. Should have thought about the consequences of your actions then. And not to mention you dont respect staff as it is. Your extremely rude and demanding.

This is my opinion of you as a staff member. Not the type im looking for, sorry!
avatar
Paxination
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Posts : 2524
Join date : 2012-10-08
Age : 41
Location : Cybertron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jackOPS goes for JrMod

Post by Davidmich on 10/23/2013, 7:14 pm

No way.

Davidmich
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1345
Join date : 2011-03-06
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jackOPS goes for JrMod

Post by jackOPSftw on 10/24/2013, 1:58 am

Davidmich wrote:No way.
First off, David do you have anything else better to say? I've read multiple applications and that's all you can come up with! 

Paxination wrote:Yeah I really cant take this seriously
Paxination wrote:Your extremely rude and demanding.
I can't take you seriously! You're the first person who've said that to me in my life! Also, you took one inside joke with me and Kevo (not necessarily Kevo took it that way), portray my whole time I've spent on oasis? And 'don't respect staff at is is'... I'm gutted to hear this statement, sorry, all of these statements.

Just an outside statement... And when was I bored? Does that explain why I log in every night and go on ts to talk to my friends? Also btw gweedo I probably look like I'm inactive because I hop in on your timezone for like 10 minutes, but for the most part I'm on a very consistent time slot.

The only feedback that was worth of much desirability to me was Gweedo, so thank you very much Gweedo! -He gave me the *Problem, and *Resolution. Not simply put politely 'fuck off'.
avatar
jackOPSftw
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Posts : 683
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 19
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jackOPS goes for JrMod

Post by FairyNinjaStar on 10/24/2013, 7:26 am

Lina wrote:
FairyNinjaStar wrote:For such a well written application, and for the fact that you are an aussie (and the first to become a staff person), you get my vouch! Although, I don't know if mine counts really since I'm only trusted and not actual staff? Embarassed
eryone can vouch for things .w.
Ok thanks, I wasn't sure in the case of those who are applying for Jr Mod. Good to know. :)
avatar
FairyNinjaStar
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Posts : 230
Join date : 2013-06-13
Age : 38
Location : 2nd star to the right and straight on till morning

View user profile http://sarahchristina.hubpages.com

Back to top Go down

*vouch removal*

Post by FairyNinjaStar on 10/24/2013, 7:38 am

I'm retracting my vouch as well, sorry Jack. Nothing personal, but based on several staff members comments that I just read, and even one of the owners, I respect their opinions. I don't know you that well, and I'm on a lot at weird hours and don't see you regularly, now that I think about it. From what I've personally witnessed, Pax is pretty fair and if he is saying that you aren't Jr Mod material, there is probably a good reason for it.
avatar
FairyNinjaStar
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Posts : 230
Join date : 2013-06-13
Age : 38
Location : 2nd star to the right and straight on till morning

View user profile http://sarahchristina.hubpages.com

Back to top Go down

Re: jackOPS goes for JrMod

Post by Heisenberg on 10/24/2013, 10:52 am

jackOPSftw wrote:
Davidmich wrote:No way.
First off, David do you have anything else better to say? I've read multiple applications and that's all you can come up with! 

Paxination wrote:Yeah I really cant take this seriously
Paxination wrote:Your extremely rude and demanding.
I can't take you seriously! You're the first person who've said that to me in my life! Also, you took one inside joke with me and Kevo (not necessarily Kevo took it that way), portray my whole time I've spent on oasis? And 'don't respect staff at is is'... I'm gutted to hear this statement, sorry, all of these statements.

Just an outside statement... And when was I bored? Does that explain why I log in every night and go on ts to talk to my friends? Also btw gweedo I probably look like I'm inactive because I hop in on your timezone for like 10 minutes, but for the most part I'm on a very consistent time slot.

The only feedback that was worth of much desirability to me was Gweedo, so thank you very much Gweedo! -He gave me the *Problem, and *Resolution. Not simply put politely 'fuck off'.
Problem: That attitude.

Solution: Death Learning how to respond to people/situations.
avatar
Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1993
Join date : 2011-10-07
Age : 20
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jackOPS goes for JrMod

Post by Paxination on 10/24/2013, 6:04 pm

jackOPSftw wrote:Also, you took one inside joke with me and Kevo (not necessarily Kevo took it that way), portray my whole time I've spent on oasis? And 'don't respect staff at is is'... I'm gutted to hear this statement, sorry, all of these statements.
It was me and kevo that talked about the skin. So it wasnt an inside joke. And I seriously dont think even Kevo would have allowed you to come on the server with that skin. The figure of some purple person with a penis, running around spawn. Not an inside joke. Not a joke at all. If you had been in your house, or Kevo's house, where it was private, and then you logged off, then yeah, maybe. But not even close. So I dont want to hear that crap about a joke.

And im glad you feel gutted to hear all those statements! It means you do care to some point what people think of you. As you can see, non of the staff so far has vouch for you at all. You should take that into consideration and think about what we have told you here and work on these issues.

Btw, Taccy summed it up pretty good there!
avatar
Paxination
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Posts : 2524
Join date : 2012-10-08
Age : 41
Location : Cybertron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jackOPS goes for JrMod

Post by Accusing_panda4 on 10/24/2013, 6:20 pm

you dont have my vouch Ive only seen you on once for the whole time Ive been on oasis

Accusing_panda4
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Posts : 401
Join date : 2013-08-05
Location : BreakFestLandia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jackOPS goes for JrMod

Post by Cupcake on 10/24/2013, 8:37 pm

I'm going to go ahead and Lock this. you can ask for it to be unlocked at a later date.
avatar
Cupcake
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Posts : 507
Join date : 2013-07-07
Age : 28
Location : Where the Wild Things Are.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jackOPS goes for JrMod

Post by Linkinparkey on 10/25/2013, 6:39 am

Unlocked at the request of the topicholder
avatar
Linkinparkey
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Posts : 439
Join date : 2011-12-07
Age : 25
Location : Denmark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jackOPS goes for JrMod

Post by jackOPSftw on 10/25/2013, 6:40 am

Accusing_panda4 wrote:you dont have my vouch Ive only seen you on once for the whole time Ive been on oasis
Mate you've been a Member for less than a month... Don't give me that crap... please. Also the fact of timezones? Maybe you might want to add that before replying to an app that you don't even know the person? Thanks.
avatar
jackOPSftw
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

Posts : 683
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 19
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jackOPS goes for JrMod

Post by Krazo on 10/25/2013, 9:40 am

Attitude jack, attitude... He I just saying he isn't vouching, its not like he is threatening you or attacking you..

Now lose that attitude, I don't want to see it again or there could be consequences.
avatar
Krazo
Master Miner
Master Miner

Posts : 2072
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 23
Location : spuɐlɹǝɥʇǝN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: jackOPS goes for JrMod

Post by madscientist032 on 10/25/2013, 9:47 am

This is supposed to be a JrMod application. You are applying for a staff position, and the staff and players are telling you what they see and they are telling you their opinions. My opinion is that if you want to be staff, you have to be a role model. Granted, I haven't been in-game that much due to my full-time job, but I can only hope that you, Jack, don't treat other players in-game like you did in this thread. What I've read in the comments/feedback from the players and staff show me that you probably are not ready for staff just yet. This is all constructive feedback. Some of it will upset you, some of it won't.

You mentioned timezones. Yes we all have timezones, yes we are all active at different parts of the day, but that doesn't mean you can be a dick and talk back to my staff like this. A staff member does not have this kind of attitude when getting feedback. They take the feedback and use it to improve themselves. They don't use it as ammunition and retaliate to other players/staff. They show respect towards the players and their fellow staff members.

While I do see potential, I do not think you are ready yet. Talk to me or Pax when your attitude has changed, and we will unlock this application. This does not mean ask us in 24 hours. It also doesn't mean "make a new JrMod app and hope the staff won't notice it. It means you need to have patience and wait.

Feel free to PM me or Pax on the forums when you are READY to have this unlocked.

Thread locked until further notice.

_________________


avatar
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

Posts : 4049
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 26
Location : Black Mesa Research Facility, New Mexico

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum