Oasis MC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ban Appeal

Go down

Ban Appeal Empty Ban Appeal

Post by mizzdimples on 10/7/2013, 10:34 pm

Minecraft username: mizzdimples

Mod/Admin who banned you: Keshaluver

Reason you were banned: Griefing

Reason you believe you should be unbanned:
The griefing was not on purpose. I'm new to the game. I apologize for the inconvenience. Not sure on who or what I grieved. Please give me more information so I won't make the same mistake again. Thanks!
mizzdimples
mizzdimples
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Ban Appeal Empty Re: Ban Appeal

Post by Kevo235 on 10/8/2013, 1:31 am

"Please give me more information so I won't make the same mistake again"

Wow okay first of all this really offends me because I did the best fucking job possible to make sure you know what that is. If you read the rules, you'd see you need to check out the full version here, on the forums, which you had no problem in finding to appeal this. The first section of said rules defines what griefing is. Like literally the first thing we thought of was a way to prevent this and it happened. Like, what do we need to do? Obviously it doesn't quite say it in the rules book but did you think to ask what it was? Did you think to actually look it up on google or something? "Minecraft Griefing" seems pretty easy? Considering it's the first thing on the rules that must have some importance, you'd think. Maybe the idea never occurred to you that destroying other people's builds or things probably wasn't a good idea? Bet you didn't ask about that either!

Holy crap, i'm sorry but seriously trying to tell us about prevention when you didn't even try to find out what it was or what it meant or even having the common decency to ask if you could touch other people's stuff? And you talk to us about prevention?

/rage.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzdimples on 10/8/2013, 3:49 am

First off, lets calm down. Cursing isn't necessary. 
Second, I did read the rules. I know griefing isnt allowed. The reason why I asked for more information is because, as I said in the appeal... I'm not sure on what form of griefing I acted upon. I didnt take anything from anyone, nor did I destroy anything of anyones KNOWINGLY. I'm not clear on what kind damage I caused so I asked. The rules states, as you know, "Griefing is defined as destroying or changing someone else's blocks without their go-ahead. This also applies to any plot they've built on." I didnt do that, I dont think...
"You cannot build within 5 blocks of anyone else's buildings unless a town's rules say so as this is considered a form of griefing. Giant 1x1 pillars are ugly and are considered by most people a form of griefing, these must be removed after being built." I didnt build anything 5 blocks within someone elses property. I havent even built anything except but one giant pillar...I might have done this.

As I said, I'm new to the game.
Let me explain.
I joined to play with my boyfriend who is a member.
He has everything so I haven't had to build anything to survive.

Aside from playing on his property, I've been mining. So as I dug down under, I ran into a railroad track and some sort of zombie cage, that I was told was admin generated. Hence the reason why I say I dont think I messed with anything another player built. If that's not correct information, and its something someone else built, I'm sorry I didnt look up more info myself. I thought I found something cool that you guys hid for us to find...I ran into some holes someone else might have made, there wasn't anything built there, so I continued to mine. When my boyfriend went down to my mine, I didnt see any changes or anything that was put back before I was down there, so I was confused.
I did build a 1x1 pillar, to mark where I was mining, but I thought I took it down to a decent size. Hence the reason why I say I might have done this.

So, because I didnt think I was doing anything wrong, but clearly I did and I'm not clear on what form of griefing I did, I simply asked for more information.
mizzdimples
mizzdimples
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzdimples on 10/8/2013, 3:58 am

"not fully removing all log blocks from a tree you have cut down are also examples of Griefing."

Or maybe this?
I'm not sure, I don't remember.

If you dont feel like unbanning me, it's ok. I just wanted more info.

Thanks.
mizzdimples
mizzdimples
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 on 10/8/2013, 4:49 am

First off, you're one in like a million people that have gotten banned to have a legit story, secondly the rules are near and dear to me as I take/took a lot of time out of my day to make sure they're basically as flawless and informative as they can be, so sorry if i'm a bit defencive when someone says that they aren't when they almost clearly are. Third off, it's not my ban so i'm not going to tamper with it, i'll wait until the person that bans you reads all this and makes their decisions.

Now, to give you a bit more info about griefing, i'll paste a direct copy of what it says in the full rules, found here.

Server Rules, Section 1, Subsection a: Griefing Defined. wrote:"Griefing is defined as the act of destroying or modifying blocks that another player has placed without their consent. It also encompasses building on another person's property, or within 5 blocks of it, without their consent. It also includes ruining other people's playing experience, such as causing mass server lag. Destroying or modifying public property, or not fully removing all log blocks from a tree you have cut down are also examples of Griefing."
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzdimples on 10/8/2013, 5:44 am

I understand your frustration. I would be defensive too. I'm sure its not easy to deal with immaturity. I promise I'm not a child trying to mess everyone's creations up just for jiggles. Maybe my boyfriends though if he makes me mad...LOL JUST KIDDING.

It wasnt that I dont understand what griefing is, or that the rules arent clear, because youre right, they are. And I'm not trying to say that I did nothing wrong. I'm just trying to find out what exactly I did because I think what happened was, I mistook someones creations for something that an admin made that was made for all to play with...or not cutting down a tree all the way... or not taking down that pillar all the way? I dont know...

I'll also admit though, I didnt know that not cutting down all the trees was a form of griefing... until I read the full rules.

I made an honest mistake. 
Thanks for understanding.
mizzdimples
mizzdimples
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10/8/2013, 6:28 am

mizzdimples wrote:

I'll also admit though, I didnt know that not cutting down all the trees was a form of griefing... until I read the full rules.

Though it is a rule.... I can't remember a time anyone banned a player over trees XD
The jungle. Those floating tree tops. The horror.

What did the rail roads look like? Just normal generated ones laying around a mineshaft? There's probably some other reason :\ ... I guess wait until keshaluver answers since she probably remembers what it was. She's on everyday so I'm sure you'll get an answer soon.
Sorry I can't help more, it isn't my ban so I don't know the details.

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzdimples on 10/8/2013, 6:48 am

Yea, it was just normal railroads with spider webs on them. That's why we figured they were generated ones. There were some torches in the area though... And, I did collect. Could that be a reason?

(lmao @ the horror of floating tree tops)

I didn't cut the trees from the jungle though...they were somewhere around my bf's property. I didn't see them directly linked to anything built.
mizzdimples
mizzdimples
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 on 10/8/2013, 7:26 am

If you can't really think of any time that you griefed, I guess it might have just been a misunderstanding, I'll talk to the person that banned you and see what they come up with. Chances are you'll be given a second chance though because for the first time on a ban appeal I can honestly say i'm rooting for you 100%.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Keshaluver on 10/8/2013, 8:06 am

You griefed a hallway in the nether, there was a door locked and everything. The logs did say it was a while ago, and I think that you may have turned your self around in that time. So

Unbanned.
Keshaluver
Keshaluver
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum