Oasis MC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

question regarding staff powers in pvp

Go down

question regarding staff powers in pvp Empty question regarding staff powers in pvp

Post by jacopley on 7/8/2013, 5:20 pm

In pvp, Spacecat killed Davidmich and took his god stuff, and I killed spacecat.  Then Davidmich took his god stuff from my invent using staff powers.  Am I correct that he shouldn't have taken them?

jacopley
jacopley
jacopley
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Posts : 44
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 25
Location : Overland Kansas, USA

Back to top Go down

question regarding staff powers in pvp Empty Re: question regarding staff powers in pvp

Post by AJ327 on 7/8/2013, 5:23 pm

question regarding staff powers in pvp 2013-017

Here is a screenshot of us killing David FAIR and SQUARE! He said that he didn't remember to equip his gear, and then he took OUR loot back. He used his powers to get his stuff back, after we killed him.
AJ327
AJ327
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Posts : 343
Join date : 2012-06-25
Age : 20
Location : San Francisco, California

Back to top Go down

question regarding staff powers in pvp Empty Re: question regarding staff powers in pvp

Post by OsgaTharp on 7/8/2013, 5:35 pm

Ive also had something like this happen, but david was "testing" something with spawned armor that had max stats. Me and shadow had to give the gear back eventhough he fought us. Although this maybe two different situations, they are alike in the regard of staff powers being used towards normal players in pvp.
OsgaTharp
OsgaTharp
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Posts : 772
Join date : 2011-09-22
Age : 26
Location : Indiana

Back to top Go down

question regarding staff powers in pvp Empty Re: question regarding staff powers in pvp

Post by Davidmich on 7/8/2013, 5:37 pm

Osgatharp wrote:Ive also had something like this happen, but david was "testing" something with spawned armor that had max stats. Me and shadow had to give the gear back eventhough he fought us. Although this maybe two different situations, they are alike in the regard of staff powers being used towards normal players in pvp.

 You are correct. That was a different situation, that gear was destroyed immediately after it was tested. It did not do what I thought it would do.

Davidmich
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1345
Join date : 2011-03-06
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

question regarding staff powers in pvp Empty re-question regarding staff powers in pvp

Post by jacopley on 7/8/2013, 5:42 pm

this stuff wasn't a test (as far as I know) and was just taken.  David then said something along the lines of "You already have enough god equip".
jacopley
jacopley
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Posts : 44
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 25
Location : Overland Kansas, USA

Back to top Go down

question regarding staff powers in pvp Empty Re: question regarding staff powers in pvp

Post by Linkinparkey on 7/8/2013, 5:46 pm

David obviously can't let u keep spawned godlike armor... But might I suggest a sort of replacement? Like diamond armor without the enchants or the amount of diamonds that it would take to make the armor?
Linkinparkey
Linkinparkey
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Posts : 439
Join date : 2011-12-07
Age : 28
Location : Denmark

Back to top Go down

question regarding staff powers in pvp Empty Re: question regarding staff powers in pvp

Post by Davidmich on 7/8/2013, 5:47 pm

jacopley wrote:this stuff wasn't a test (as far as I know) and was just taken.  David then said something along the lines of "You already have enough god equip".

 No it was not a test, as it is my only set of good armor. The following line was directed to AJ, who has a ton of god-diamond armor & weps, some from me.

Davidmich
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1345
Join date : 2011-03-06
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

question regarding staff powers in pvp Empty Re: question regarding staff powers in pvp

Post by Davidmich on 7/8/2013, 5:48 pm

Linkinparkey wrote:... But might I suggest a sort of replacement? Like diamond armor without the enchants or the amount of diamonds that it would take to make the armor?

I could do that.

Davidmich
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1345
Join date : 2011-03-06
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

question regarding staff powers in pvp Empty Re: question regarding staff powers in pvp

Post by AJ327 on 7/8/2013, 5:58 pm

Davidmich wrote:
Linkinparkey wrote:... But might I suggest a sort of replacement? Like diamond armor without the enchants or the amount of diamonds that it would take to make the armor?

I could do that.

 Its not that the armor was taken away so much that made me mad, its that one of your reasons you took it away, was because you think I have to much "good gear". Its PVP, and if you think you should take gear that you lost you, just because you think we already had a lot. Doesn't make sense.
AJ327
AJ327
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Posts : 343
Join date : 2012-06-25
Age : 20
Location : San Francisco, California

Back to top Go down

question regarding staff powers in pvp Empty Re: question regarding staff powers in pvp

Post by Davidmich on 7/8/2013, 6:02 pm

AJ327 wrote:
Davidmich wrote:
Linkinparkey wrote:... But might I suggest a sort of replacement? Like diamond armor without the enchants or the amount of diamonds that it would take to make the armor?

I could do that.

 Its not that the armor was taken away so much that made me mad, its that one of your reasons you took it away, was because you think I have to much "good gear". Its PVP, and if you think you should take gear that you lost you, just because you think we already had a lot. Doesn't make sense.
You do have alot of "god" gear. Both you and your pal Rigo. In fact, both of you have pieces of my "god" diamond gear & weps from past fighting. I may have crossed a boundary a bit, but I'm not willing to lose my only good set, to someone who doesn't need it because I made an error.

Now I am willing to give jaco a full set of diamond armor, sword, axe, and bow, if he wants them.

Davidmich
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1345
Join date : 2011-03-06
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

question regarding staff powers in pvp Empty Re: question regarding staff powers in pvp

Post by OsgaTharp on 7/8/2013, 6:07 pm

but I'm not willing to lose my only good set, to someone who doesn't need it because I made an error.

This is really fucked up. I'm sorry but you might be mod, but that is abuse. Just because you don't think he "needs" it doesn't mean you can take it. You messed up, you lost your gear, and thats how pvp works. 

I'm only saying this because I can't imagine how it would be if I killed you, you'd just take your stuff back again. That is NOT how pvp should be.
OsgaTharp
OsgaTharp
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Posts : 772
Join date : 2011-09-22
Age : 26
Location : Indiana

Back to top Go down

question regarding staff powers in pvp Empty Re: question regarding staff powers in pvp

Post by AJ327 on 7/8/2013, 6:09 pm

Davidmich wrote:
AJ327 wrote:
Davidmich wrote:
Linkinparkey wrote:... But might I suggest a sort of replacement? Like diamond armor without the enchants or the amount of diamonds that it would take to make the armor?

I could do that.

 Its not that the armor was taken away so much that made me mad, its that one of your reasons you took it away, was because you think I have to much "good gear". Its PVP, and if you think you should take gear that you lost you, just because you think we already had a lot. Doesn't make sense.
You do have alot of "god" gear. Both you and your pal Rigo. In fact, both of you have pieces of my "god" diamond gear & weps from past fighting. I may have crossed a boundary a bit, but I'm not willing to lose my only good set, to someone who doesn't need it because I made an error.

Now I am willing to give jaco a full set of diamond armor, sword, axe, and bow, if he wants them.
If you really want to look in my chests, go head, we don't even have more than 1 set of god armor. The armor you had would have really helped, but nope. They get took away. Its not like we have not died since last time we killed you. We died, and lost that gear. Its all gone, but this one we had fair and square.
AJ327
AJ327
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Posts : 343
Join date : 2012-06-25
Age : 20
Location : San Francisco, California

Back to top Go down

question regarding staff powers in pvp Empty Re: question regarding staff powers in pvp

Post by Davidmich on 7/8/2013, 6:10 pm

You guys are right. I apologize for doing that. Won't happen again.

Davidmich
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1345
Join date : 2011-03-06
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

question regarding staff powers in pvp Empty re-question regarding staff powers in pvp

Post by jacopley on 7/8/2013, 6:13 pm

Losing gear is most of pvp though.  I understand not wanting to lose gear, but still.  You can keep the armor, I just want the bow and sword.  If it helps, I'll give back in the shovel and a replacment pickaxe too.  I don't want to be un-reasonable, so how about you return the bow and sword, and I'll give you: some mostly dead, but enchanted diamond armor, a replacment pickaxe (fortune 2), and the shovel.

jacopley
jacopley
jacopley
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Posts : 44
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 25
Location : Overland Kansas, USA

Back to top Go down

question regarding staff powers in pvp Empty Re: question regarding staff powers in pvp

Post by Davidmich on 7/8/2013, 6:22 pm

jacopley wrote:Losing gear is most of pvp though.  I understand not wanting to lose gear, but still.  You can keep the armor, I just want the bow and sword.  If it helps, I'll give back in the shovel and a replacment pickaxe too.  I don't want to be un-reasonable, so how about you return the bow and sword, and I'll give you: some mostly dead, but enchanted diamond armor, a replacment pickaxe (fortune 2), and the shovel.

jacopley

 The sword & bow are currently my only battle weapons. I'm not giving them up. However, I have a Loot 2/Sharp 3 sword you may have, a reg bow, and I will toss in the armor, and a stack of diamonds. You may keep the shovel and pick, as well as the dead armor.

Davidmich
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1345
Join date : 2011-03-06
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

question regarding staff powers in pvp Empty re-question regarding staff powers in pvp

Post by jacopley on 7/8/2013, 6:25 pm

How about I throw in my old sword and bow too.  Sword is:Sharp 4, nockback 2  and the bow is: power 5 punch 1.  that way you will still have some decent stuf to use till you can re-enchant.
jacopley
jacopley
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Posts : 44
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 25
Location : Overland Kansas, USA

Back to top Go down

question regarding staff powers in pvp Empty Re: question regarding staff powers in pvp

Post by Davidmich on 7/8/2013, 6:29 pm

Tell you what, I don't want anything of yours, I will give you armor, the previously mentioned loot 2/sharp 3 sword, and some diamonds. I will give you the bow, but not the sword.

Davidmich
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1345
Join date : 2011-03-06
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

question regarding staff powers in pvp Empty re-question regarding staff powers in pvp

Post by jacopley on 7/8/2013, 6:32 pm

okay
jacopley
jacopley
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Posts : 44
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 25
Location : Overland Kansas, USA

Back to top Go down

question regarding staff powers in pvp Empty Re: question regarding staff powers in pvp

Post by Davidmich on 7/8/2013, 6:35 pm

Situation resolved, thread locked!

Davidmich
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1345
Join date : 2011-03-06
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum