Oasis MC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legend's JrMod Application

+11
Kevo235
Paxination
mickdude2
Gweedo358
bandityogo
Evanito
Revilo410
MarcoTheGod
4emersons
samison1998
XxLegendxX98
15 posters

Go down

Legend's JrMod Application Empty Legend's JrMod Application

Post by XxLegendxX98 6/27/2013, 1:33 pm

Minecraft username: XxLegendxX98

Real name (recommended): Logan Stiltner

How long have you been playing on THIS server?: Two years, seven months

How often do you plan on being on THIS server?: Until it's down

Name any JrMods, Mods or Admins who would vouch for you: Not many staff members that I'd know of.

Why do you deserve JrMod status? What sets you apart from the other players and would make you a good part of the staff?: I know I had my chance before as Mod, however I didn't do very well with it, but that was a long time ago. I didn't fully understand the responsibilities as being apart of the staff, but now I think I'm ready. I have experience with being an owner, as well as admin, or other staff ranks on other servers. I've always helped people when possible, and stopped griefing whenever I could. Oftentimes before /tp was removed with Veterans and replaced with /tpa, I would repeatedly teleport a griefer to me to keep him from griefing until a staff member would ban him, or someone made a lava pit for me to kill him in. I want to help Oasis by giving back to it as it has given to me these past two years. I know I've been inactive, but things were going on, and I just couldn't stay on. But I'm back now and hope to stay for a long time. I don't expect to get this, as many of the people I knew are long since gone now, so I don't know of many that would vouch for me, as I've only been back a few weeks, but this was worth a try.
XxLegendxX98
XxLegendxX98
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Legend's JrMod Application Empty Re: Legend's JrMod Application

Post by samison1998 6/27/2013, 1:49 pm

I can definitely vouch for legend hes been on the server a very long time and he deserves this.
samison1998
samison1998
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons 6/27/2013, 1:52 pm

I vouch. I have played with you a lot lately and have had so much fun. I wasn't around before when you were mod so I don't know what you did but I think that you would be a good staff now. You are friendly, and as of the last 2 weeks, very active. But, you were gone for a long time, and that will not help your case at all.
4emersons
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoTheGod 6/27/2013, 1:54 pm

Well, I'm not in the right position to said that you are inactive. Seriously, I can't remember the last time you got on the server. I don't even know you. I'm sure we will met in the server this summer and after that, I will start thinking to vouch for your guide application.

Last edited by MarcoTheGod on 6/27/2013, 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
MarcoTheGod
MarcoTheGod
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Revilo410 6/27/2013, 1:57 pm

I personally have never seen you on-line, ever, this is probably time zones but I don't think it's good for people to come back after ages of inactivity and ask for guide after a week. I'm not saying you wouldn't make a good guide but I personally don't know you.

::Rank::     Admin [As of December 2015]
Revilo410
Revilo410
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XxLegendxX98 6/27/2013, 2:04 pm

I realize being inactive for months probably would not help with it, but it was just a matter of seeing what feedback I could get, and revilo, It's our time zones. I'm on about 12 hours a day.
XxLegendxX98
XxLegendxX98
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanito 6/27/2013, 2:30 pm

Legend's JrMod Application Vouchc13
Evanito
Evanito
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

https://evanito.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/27/2013, 2:35 pm

You were staff before my time... and Inactive for a bit...
But from what I've seen from you the past week or two, I didn't even think you were 14... I figured you were at least 18 xD
You've definitely got some staff experience, and you've been really active lately.
You just got back and you're already trying to help out with possibly having a secondary server.

Maybe that app's a bit early after a period of inactivity, but It's a definite
vouch from me.

Back to top Go down

Post by bandityogo 6/27/2013, 2:40 pm

I've seen stuff like this happen too many times, people come back from being inactive from long times, and applying for high ranks. i guess my question to you is how are we sure that you won't leave (if) after you get the rank?
bandityogo
bandityogo
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

http://bandityogo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XxLegendxX98 6/27/2013, 3:19 pm

bandityogo wrote:I've seen stuff like this happen too many times, people come back from being inactive from long times, and applying for high ranks. i guess my question to you is how are we sure that you won't leave (if) after you get the rank?
That's what I have to prove. I know I'm not getting promos this Saturday, Pax himself has told me, but he said it'd be considered next  month. If I don't get it this time around, then there's always another time. If I don't get it next month, then I'm perfectly fine with that.

An another note, thank you all who have supported me in this. I didn't think I would get this much support with the application, so I'd like to thank all of you.
XxLegendxX98
XxLegendxX98
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gweedo358 6/27/2013, 3:33 pm

Sorry its a no from me. I need more than just two weeks of activity. Lets see how you do in the coming months.
Gweedo358
Gweedo358
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 6/27/2013, 5:30 pm

bandityogo wrote:I've seen stuff like this happen too many times, people come back from being inactive from long times, and applying for high ranks. i guess my question to you is how are we sure that you won't leave (if) after you get the rank?

Nova and Dyna were good while they lasted. 

On topic, I think Legend is an extremely mature, experienced player who is a good contender for Guide. However, you did just get back from a massive afk spree (What is it, a year?) so I regretfully say

Legend's JrMod Application Toosoo10
mickdude2
mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by XxLegendxX98 6/27/2013, 5:31 pm

mickdude2 wrote:

Nova and Dyna were good while they lasted. 

On topic, I think Legend is an extremely mature, experienced player who is a good contender for Guide. However, you did just get back from a massive afk spree (What is it, a year?) so I regretfully say

Legend's JrMod Application Toosoo10

Around 3 months.
XxLegendxX98
XxLegendxX98
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination 6/27/2013, 8:45 pm

I have had a great many conversations with you in just the 2 weeks you been back.  And I have to say, my mouth dropped when I saw you were 14.  I would have figured 17, MAYBE even an early 18.  You are very mature for your age.

Now, I keep saying this and yet players dont seem to get it.  There is no appropriate time to put in GUIDE/VET apps.  You dont put up an app in hopes that your gonna get the rank SOON, you put it up so you can get a crap ton of feed back from the players and staff so WHEN THE TIME COMES, WE as staff have something to look over when we decide WHO becomes staff(or Vet).  I dont know why players keep stating the obvious, ITS TOO SOON.  Logan even stated in his app that he knows he wont get it this promos.  And he's kewl if he doesnt get it the next or the one after.  He even mentioned that he had an AFK spell there as well.  I would rather see more constructive comments then pointing out the all ready stated.

At any rate, I am vouching.  I like the kid.  He is extremely mature for his age.  And tho it might not be any time soon before he gets it, but by the time he does get it, it will be a well deserved promotion for him.

Legend's JrMod Application Vouch_zps98e4a2c5
Paxination
Paxination
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 6/27/2013, 8:58 pm

Just to set the record clear, I was around when he was staff, unlike a lot of people, and he was kicked off for being inactive and generally immature. It seems as though you've changed the immature part, but in my opinion you just aren't active enough on the forums or in game for staff. Although, maybe the in-game part is just me because to be honest I have been busy with work so I don't really know when you're on.

Someone feel free to correct me about the activity part, but personally, i'd say to be active a couple more months anyways. I don't think coming back and applying for guide in the same month really cuts it these days.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Davidmich 6/27/2013, 9:08 pm

Too inactive, only seen him for a few months, Nope!

Davidmich
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by XxLegendxX98 6/27/2013, 9:17 pm

Davidmich wrote:Too inactive, only seen him for a few months, Nope!
If you would have read up there, that wasn't inactivity. I had actually quit due to things going on. I've only been back for two weeks. Just seeing what in all I would get, and if I don't get this next month, theres always a next time.
XxLegendxX98
XxLegendxX98
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by XxLegendxX98 6/27/2013, 9:19 pm

Kevo235 wrote:Just to set the record clear, I was around when he was staff, unlike a lot of people, and he was kicked off for being inactive and generally immature. It seems as though you've changed the immature part, but in my opinion you just aren't active enough on the forums or in game for staff. Although, maybe the in-game part is just me because to be honest I have been busy with work so I don't really know when you're on.

Someone feel free to correct me about the activity part, but personally, i'd say to be active a couple more months anyways. I don't think coming back and applying for guide in the same month really cuts it these days.

I'm actually really active on the forums. I check it multiple times throughout the day, I just don't post on many of the threads, but I keep up to what's happening, though I admit I need to post more often.
XxLegendxX98
XxLegendxX98
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 6/27/2013, 10:42 pm

XxLegendxX98 wrote:
Davidmich wrote:Too inactive, only seen him for a few months, Nope!
If you would have read up there, that wasn't inactivity. I had actually quit due to things going on. I've only been back for two weeks. Just seeing what in all I would get, and if I don't get this next month, theres always a next time.
That is by definition being inactive.
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by XxLegendxX98 6/27/2013, 11:52 pm

In short, I was saying I had a reason for being inactive, David was pointing out something obvious that others before him have stated multiple times.
XxLegendxX98
XxLegendxX98
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by _Zeira_ 6/28/2013, 12:49 am

For whenever the time comes, I vouch.
He has been a great host on the secondary server. And has been diligent on keeping watch over everybody. So as long as his character doesn't change and he continues it Oasis side I believe when the time comes he should be a guide.
_Zeira_
_Zeira_
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimtongue 6/28/2013, 3:07 pm

Legend is online all day long during the period of time that many of the active players are not online.  Every time I log in between 9am and 5pm he's online.  If he maintains that level of activity, there's no reason he wouldn't be a candidate for staff.

He's also mature enough for staff - I had also assumed he was older.

+1 Grimvouch
Grimtongue
Grimtongue
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by 4emersons 6/28/2013, 4:11 pm

Kevo235 wrote:Just to set the record clear, I was around when he was staff, unlike a lot of people, and he was kicked off for being inactive and generally immature. It seems as though you've changed the immature part, but in my opinion you just aren't active enough on the forums or in game for staff. Although, maybe the in-game part is just me because to be honest I have been busy with work so I don't really know when you're on.

recently he has been very very active, being on a lot every day.
4emersons
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggJ1939 6/29/2013, 7:29 pm

I have just recently started playing with legend a lot and I have to agree with pax and others that I truly thought he was much more mature than his age suggests. He seems to understand the responsibilities that will be given to him and won't take them as lightly as before. As everyone has thoroughly pointed out, legend was on a hiatus for a bit. But, in the end personal situations and family come before all else, before oasis, minecraft, and yourself sometimes. So I say give him a chance, and if he faulters then demote him again to a veteran or less and keep him there forever. If he says he can do it, than the only way you will know is if you let him try. And if he fails, then nothing lost, nothing gained. 

I vouch for him for what its worth and if he gets it at some point, he gets it. 

Oasis is a place where second chance exist, its one of the few servers I've been on with a ban appeal! The community is great and open to many things. So, if you're willing to give a stupid n00b or an "accidental" griefer a chance to explain themselves, and even a second chance, why not legend?
BiggJ1939
BiggJ1939
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

http://unexpecteddesign.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum