Oasis MC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[izumi4kona] Lina's Guide Application

+12
SamCoe
Nighthound17
madscientist032
Kevo235
ExtraSauce
mickdude2
Grimtongue
Krazo
Leagle
NoahDooling
4emersons
Heisenberg
16 posters

Go down

[izumi4kona] Lina's Guide Application Empty [izumi4kona] Lina's Guide Application

Post by Guest 5/23/2013, 2:08 pm

A little forethought:
To be honest, I’ve been putting off applying for anything for a while... I’ve only been here for 7 months, and even though this isn’t a time competition, I still felt personally that I should have at least been here a whole year or at least donated before even thinking to apply for a rank.
But after a few people asked me to apply... I figured I would... I’ve always wanted to be more helpful, and maybe this is a good way to be.
That in mind, I don’t expect this to be handed to me; I will be here on the server, just as active and happy as always at the rank I am now [artisan] and I’d be just as happy as a [trusted] or [member] or even guest. It took 2 or 3 people to even get me to apply for member after the 2+ weeks I played here XD I’m by no means going to rage-quit or become inactive simply because it may take years for me to earn this rank

my intro can be found here:
http://oasis-smp.forumotion.com/t12196-lina-s-intro-izumi?highlight=lina
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minecraft Name:
izumi4kona

Lina

Common Nicknames:
“Lina”, “Linah” (alt spelling), “Sheeplady” , “izumi”, “izu”, “konata”, “Obsidian sheep”, list goes on and most are sheep related

August through April- New York, NY (lower Manhattan, 23rd street)

How long have you been playing on THIS server?:
member since October 25th, 2012 (7 months by the end of may)

How often do you plan on being on THIS server?:
Forever. I'm not just saying that. Oasis SMP isn't just some crappy average game with vague rules and a do-nothing staff with a bunch of raging idiots and whatnot, like I expected it to be when I joined (having been there and done that on not just mc servers, but other online games as well) .... It's become my family and a community I'm proud to be apart of. I was wary about joining another mc server, after having some brief, clueless, and not so fond experiences on a few others. I had long given up trying to find a server and just played single player, until Logan (Big_Piglet) brought me here. I was so taken back by how well Oasis was run and how friendly everyone was, I didn't even think I was worthy to apply for member until a few people nudged me to 2-3 weeks after I first logged on. I have severe social anxiety, and Oasis is one of the few places I can be myself.

I’m definitely staying until either I die, or for some reason the server shuts down (let’s hope it’s never the second one). One does not simply leave family and friends l:

Name any Guides, Mods, or Admins who would vouch for you:
[Mod]Taccy
[Mod]Kevo235
[Owner]Paxination
[Owner]Madscientist032
(All of them have supported me in making this)

Why do you deserve Guide status? What sets you apart from the other players and would make you a good part of the staff?:

1) I’m Extremely Active

SCHOOL (August-April): I’m usually on all hours of the night, usually about 6-10 hours a day. My record is over 2 days straight XD(I had a good 4 days off, so I knew I could sleep afterward). Also, I go to an art school (my major is cartooning) so my hw is not very concentration intensive.

SUMMER: I’m online at the very minimum 3 hours a day- and that’s what I consider being inactive for me. Now the past week I’ve had a couple days without internet in this crappy apartment before mom bought cable package, plus, I’ve been moving furniture and bins up and down 3 flights of steps because mom can’t lift anything. This past week I was only on about half hour to 2 hours because of family issues, but those are over. I am back to at least 4-8 hours again, and will be on almost every day during summers.

-I’m almost never on TS because of my social anxiety (I don’t do well with “talking” XD) but if the need to be on there came up I wouldn’t hesitate to log on. (I have it downloaded and working)

2) I try to help when I’m on
-I build a lot of public things: public farm /warp can, public brewery in can, public mini villager village in can (bought them all because those spawn eggs are just too addicting),  /warp enchant I made soon after the new map started because the new spawn lacked a public table (later added in some anvils)
-I try to remind people of the rules, or explain plugin features when needed
-If no staff is on, and someone complains of a grief (or if i find one) I ask them the coords and some details to report on the forums- regardless of what I’m doing in mc at the moment. This happened a lot during the night [est] when no staff was on... during school, I usually play from 8pm-6am or more, so I was always on at that time. If it’s a spam issue I try to put screenshots of chat.
-I check the forums several times a day to keep up to date on announcements/rules/events, so I can try to give definite answers to questions people might ask.

3) I favorite no one above the rules. Friend or not, I encourage everyone to follow the rules.

There was an issue with a friend I had brought here ([trusted] at the time) who “found” a bunch of diamond blocks “laying in spawn" and sold them all off.  I urged him to tell the truth to the staff that asked him where he had obtained all of those, because he’d originally told staff he “made some, and some were given to him”. He decided to lie to me, and to staff, so I reported him for it. I have been friends with this person for over a year on another game before I brought him here, and I trusted him. Disrespect to staff or the server in general is the same as disrespect to family, I hold no player above the rules, nor do I ever assist anyone in breaking them, nor do I ever hide a rule breaker from staff. However, if I don’t think something was done with malevolence in mind, I will usually try to reason with the person. I don’t like seeing good people banned for mistakes.

4) I aim to be as happy as possible when I’m on, and I don’t bring my problems here.

If something’s going on in real life that has me depressed, I try my best not to show it here. I detatch from whatever happened and focus on the server. I do this because I hate complaining to people with my problems, or bumming them out... It makes me feel worse, along with everyone around me. I have a hereditary lack of serotonin production in my brain that I am medicated for;sometimes my metabolism is a little off... I sleep weird hours, I feel down a lot at certain times of the day, and over-hyper other times. Most people don’t suspect I have this problem, since I’m usually happy in public. Separating negative emotions before I log on helps me to communicate better here, and actually helps me eliminate them altogether.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don’t wana ramble on and make this longer then it needs to be, I’ll just update it if I ever think of anything else worth saying here.
Thanks to those that supported me in applying, and to everyone on Oasis for being a family to me.
*que flying sheep* I’m sorry I had to XD

Back to top Go down

[izumi4kona] Lina's Guide Application Empty Re: [izumi4kona] Lina's Guide Application

Post by Heisenberg 5/23/2013, 2:17 pm

I can't vouch hard enough. This is THE most deserving vouch I have ever given.

VOOOOCH
Heisenberg
Heisenberg
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

[izumi4kona] Lina's Guide Application Empty Re: [izumi4kona] Lina's Guide Application

Post by 4emersons 5/23/2013, 2:22 pm

I vouch. that playing time is insane dont you ever get sleep? XD you would be a great guide
4emersons
4emersons
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by NoahDooling 5/23/2013, 2:24 pm

This might be the most deserving vouch I've ever given as well, though it does not count, I hope it means something to you! May the sheep "guide" you there.
NoahDooling
NoahDooling
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Leagle 5/23/2013, 2:38 pm

[izumi4kona] Lina's Guide Application TY6UM
Leagle
Leagle
Master Miner
Master Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Krazo 5/23/2013, 4:56 pm

Totes vouch for the sheeplady.

[izumi4kona] Lina's Guide Application LIabg
Krazo
Krazo
Master Miner
Master Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimtongue 5/23/2013, 5:59 pm

+1 Grimvouch
Grimtongue
Grimtongue
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 5/23/2013, 6:00 pm

tl:dr, didn't need to. You had me at 'Lina's Guide app'

[izumi4kona] Lina's Guide Application Vouch11
mickdude2
mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce 5/23/2013, 6:25 pm

I support, i think she'd be very friendly with members, i'd write alot of other positive things, but i don't want it to be tl;dr.

As long you don't use Broadcast to spam ''BAAAAAH''.................just kidding you can do that
ExtraSauce
ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 5/23/2013, 8:37 pm

one hell of a guide app
Kevo235
Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 5/23/2013, 9:19 pm

[izumi4kona] Lina's Guide Application Vouch-13

Discord: bit.ly/Oasis_Discord
Twitter: @OasisSMP
madscientist032
madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

https://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Nighthound17 5/24/2013, 12:16 am

Vouch!
You are one of the most deserving people to take this rank!
Nighthound17
Nighthound17
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCoe 5/24/2013, 12:28 am

Vouch :/ my vouch isn't very special :P
SamCoe
SamCoe
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jawell 5/24/2013, 12:01 pm

Hello. Hello. Nice pla-VOUCHAVOUCHAVOUCHAVOUCHAVOUCHAVO
UCHAVOUCHAVOUCHAVOUCHAVOUCHAVOUC
HAVOUCHAVOUCHAVOUCHAVOUCHAVOUCHA
VOUCHAVOUCHAVOUCHAVOUCHAVOUCHAVO
UCH!!!!!!!

I have served my purpose.
Jawell
Jawell
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by AJ327 5/24/2013, 12:05 pm

VOUCH! so much vouch for sheep lady!Smile
AJ327
AJ327
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/24/2013, 1:06 pm

I didn't look at this since I posted it... cuz I thought it might go horribly wrong for some reason XD

But seeing all the support.... It means a lot... I could cry right now....
I don't know what else to say..but thanks ;w;
(In the meantime, it's time to go dig a giant mine tunnel *-*)

Back to top Go down

Post by nsuth13 #2 5/25/2013, 12:54 am

Le Vouch

nsuth13 #2
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by bandityogo 5/27/2013, 10:35 am

Congrats on Guide!
bandityogo
bandityogo
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

http://bandityogo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum