This is scaring the hell out of me.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This is scaring the hell out of me.

Post by Zwall99 on 8/17/2012, 2:10 pm

For some reason, when I went got on today, I noticed signs were missing from zlands spawn. So I lb sword it, expecting to find a greifers name. It was my own. I didn't do anything to my signs, and have to appeal towards doing so. This started to worry me. Is someone in my account? I've changed my password, and I don't know what to do next. This is scaring the hell out of me, and getting banned is one of the least things I want to do. My first suspect could have to do with PMC, for I have been uploading skins on there for a while. Is it possible someone is downloading my skin files, and getting into my minecraft like that? I'm not the expert, and I don't want to worry my dad. Please. Someone help me.

Zwall99
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is scaring the hell out of me.

Post by Kevo235 on 8/17/2012, 2:15 pm

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by commander_chair on 8/17/2012, 3:40 pm

and people wonder why we don't like it when normal people use lb, they have no clue what they are doing.

commander_chair
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gweedo358 on 8/17/2012, 3:48 pm

Hey Z ,

I dont know if this has anything to do with your sign problem but yesterday when I logged on and walked out of my house out in the ocean there was a square building just sitting there now keep in mind I am out in the middle of nowhere at the edge of the map almost impossiable to find without me tp ing you there , inside that square building was almost 30 signs all from 1.25 all made by marco and kesha , they both have never been to my town but there it was. Final came to see it and all we could think of its a huge World Edit problem gone wild. Tonight I will show you when I log on if it still there.

Gweedo

Gweedo358
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Croky1 on 8/17/2012, 4:23 pm

Zack,

Judging by what you have said, you have done the right thing. I logged on to find that my legit materials had been put down in my enderchest this afternoon, while I was away from my PC. Just change your password, and keep playing. Now we know, we can be more careful around accusations when we point fingers in your direction.

Croky1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zwall99 on 8/17/2012, 5:02 pm

commander_chair wrote:and people wonder why we don't like it when normal people use lb, they have no clue what they are doing.
As a matter of fact, i do know how to use the lb sword. if i didnt, i would simply have disregarded this entire thing. When the lb sword is used, it shows recent edits to the selected log. the most recent appearing at the top of the list. It's really not that complicated.

Zwall99
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce on 8/17/2012, 6:14 pm

Zwall99 wrote:
commander_chair wrote:and people wonder why we don't like it when normal people use lb, they have no clue what they are doing.
As a matter of fact, i do know how to use the lb sword. if i didnt, i would simply have disregarded this entire thing. When the lb sword is used, it shows recent edits to the selected log. the most recent appearing at the top of the list. It's really not that complicated.

That means the block you're looking at, not the block infront of you.

For that, you must use the toolblock

ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 on 8/17/2012, 6:42 pm

Three words.

Blame the lag.

Our LB database is on the same server that we use for Minecraft. While the logging of blocks is supposed to be instantaneous, currently it has not been as quick as usual. So if the main server is lagging, so is the LB database. Recently it has been taking quite a while for the logs to be logged, which is why you don't see anything other than your own name.

Also, please refrain from using the lb tool and lb toolblock. Always type /who if you need a staff member to LB something.

Last edited by madscientist032 on 8/17/2012, 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by BroadStreetBully on 8/17/2012, 6:43 pm

Zwall99 wrote:For some reason, when I went got on today, I noticed signs were missing from zlands spawn. So I lb sword it, expecting to find a greifers name. It was my own.

BroadStreetBully
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lordgonk on 8/17/2012, 8:34 pm

BroadStreetBully wrote:
Zwall99 wrote:For some reason, when I went got on today, I noticed signs were missing from zlands spawn. So I lb sword it, expecting to find a greifers name. It was my own.

I lol'd irl. Then I looked out of my dark window in fear. And OMG I saw something moving andsankflerjip dgrffsjjjjjjjjjc vsssss

lordgonk
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brickhunter1 on 8/17/2012, 8:56 pm

lordgonk wrote:
BroadStreetBully wrote:

I lol'd irl. Then I looked out of my dark window in fear. And OMG I saw something moving andsankflerjip dgrffsjjjjjjjjjc vsssss

brickhunter1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile http://www.oasis-mc.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zwall99 on 8/17/2012, 9:21 pm

madscientist032 wrote:
Blame the lag

That was my other suspicion. Due to the fact that we have been encountering a lot of lag lately, it must've done something. However. Those signs were there for around a week. Everyday I'd log in and peer edit them. Not only were the peer edits missing, but all of them seemed to have vanished.

Another suspicion, is that the logs that showed me destroying a sign, might've been from me just removing it and replacing it. Emphasis on replacing. There was no log for me replacing however. I'm certain I rewrote them.

And mike, I'm going to heed your advice, and not lb.

Tldr, I think we found the culprit.

Zwall99
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by poopyfacetamato on 8/18/2012, 2:08 am

poopyfacetamato
Banned
Banned

View user profile