New map requires a new intro

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New map requires a new intro

Post by Gweedo358 on 8/9/2012, 12:53 pm

Hello everyone,

I wanted to take a few minutes to tell everyone alittle about myself. My great grandfaher came to the US in 1908 from Sicily to avoid govt unrest he wanted a good life for his family in a free country. My dad was an airforce drill instructor while being stationed in the UK he met my mom who was an UK drill instructor for the Queens Army. I am half Sicilian and half british. I was born in 1967 on a military base in the US. My first trip to see my grandparents in the UK was 1975 that is where I really became interested in video games because at the Boston airport they had a "pong" game and I can remember pumping dimes into that machine. I was hooked from the start. I graduated highschool in 1985 and later joined the US Coast Guard in 1986. I served proudly aboard the USCGC WMEC Cherokee 165 as an engineer. Aboard that ship I was able to travel to alot up and down the US east coast. I have been as far north as Greenland and as far south to the Yukatan. Aboard that ship I recieved the nickname Gweedo back then there was no racial slur to it so dont believe everything you see on Jersey Shore. The Coast Guard sent me to engineering school and law enforcement school as well as rescue school. In mid 1987 I was sent to Station Milford Haven where I served as an engineer and a boarding officer. In 1990 I was transfered to Station St Simonds Island to finish out my remaining year. On July 1 1991 I started my job as a mercedes-benz and volvo technician where I have been for the last 21years as senior tech. I have 3 kids youngest is 17, oldest son is married with two children and a daughter that is married. so me and the wife enjoy our little condo with no yard to mow(yeahhh). I play minecraft on an Gamers Republic laptop I7 8 gig of ram. this is my first online PC game. My hobbies are PLAYING video games. I have no other hobbies lol so I get to play when I want lol.

One parting piece of advice this guy could give is "Never change who you are for someone else"

Thanks for reading this and I look forward to playing with all of you in the future.

Gweedo

Gweedo358
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New map requires a new intro

Post by Kevo235 on 8/9/2012, 1:21 pm

'Gweedo' wrote:no yard to mow(yeahhh)

Livin' the dream. Wow, you sir certainly have a history behind you. I think you may be the oldest person on the server atm xD. Well, i'd welcome you to the server here normally, but it seems you've been here for quite some time (i've also talked to you in game as well so HAH). Have fun on Oasis I guess? Iunno what else to say.

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New map requires a new intro

Post by MrShatang on 8/9/2012, 2:13 pm

:) Can't wait to play with you in-game!

MrShatang
Banned
Banned

View user profile