The Forums- Back to life

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Forums- Back to life

Post by Kevo235 on 3/13/2012, 8:47 pm

Did someone defibrilate the forums or something? It's been a while since they've been bustling with this much life! Keep up the.. good work?

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Forums- Back to life

Post by Zwall99 on 3/13/2012, 8:49 pm

Kevo235 wrote:Did someone defibrilate the forums or something? It's been a while since they've been bustling with this much life! Keep up the.. good work?
I didn't realize how addicted to the forums I was until I saw I was #1 top posting user this month. I think I've made a contribution to the burst in post count. Eh, I can't take all the credit. I'm not the only poster. Lol. I called my self a poster.... *cricket*

Zwall99
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lordgonk on 3/13/2012, 8:51 pm

Zwall99 wrote:
Kevo235 wrote:Did someone defibrilate the forums or something? It's been a while since they've been bustling with this much life! Keep up the.. good work?
I didn't realize how addicted to the forums I was until I saw I was #1 top posting user this month. I think I've made a contribution to the burst in post count. Eh, I can't take all the credit. I'm not the only poster. Lol. I called my self a poster.... *cricket*

I had a month like that before....Polls about shoes, pies, other shit....

Anyway, I was off the forums for like the past week, and I click off-topic and I'm like fuck, that's a lot of catching up, and now you guys keep posting while I try to catch up completely.

lordgonk
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 3/13/2012, 8:52 pm

Oh I've been commenting for a while(but you know that, just look at my reputation)

We can shift the cause(or blame, if you will) to Fuzzyplats and Zwall99, who have been stirring up pretty random shit

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zwall99 on 3/13/2012, 8:55 pm

mickdude2 wrote:Oh I've been commenting for a while(but you know that, just look at my reputation)

We can shift the cause(or blame, if you will) to Fuzzyplats and Zwall99, who have been stirring up pretty random shit
I've been addicted. And what I post isn't that random. It's just in the off topic section.

"DERS A DIFRENSE YA NER. DUH HUH HUH."

Zwall99
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BroadStreetBully on 3/13/2012, 9:55 pm

Zwall99 wrote:And what I post isn't that random.
Zwall99 wrote:"DERS A DIFRENSE YA NER. DUH HUH HUH."

BroadStreetBully
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by commander_chair on 3/13/2012, 10:01 pm

nipple fisting.

commander_chair
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BroadStreetBully on 3/13/2012, 10:04 pm

commander_chair wrote:nipple fisting.

BroadStreetBully
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyplats on 3/13/2012, 11:06 pm

mickdude2 wrote:Oh I've been commenting for a while(but you know that, just look at my reputation)

Randomness is only by how you interpret it. If you looked at the category of my posts they were under Off Topic which In case you didn't know was for your random stuff.

Fuzzyplats
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzyplats on 3/13/2012, 11:07 pm

Oh and mick ur higher up on the posting column so I wouldn't be talking about me zack on ther other hand

Fuzzyplats
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 on 3/13/2012, 11:12 pm

lordgonk wrote:
Zwall99 wrote:

I had a month like that before....Polls about shoes, pies, other shit....

Anyway, I was off the forums for like the past week, and I click off-topic and I'm like fuck, that's a lot of catching up, and now you guys keep posting while I try to catch up completely.

This is the part where I say I only comment and post on the topics I actually want to post and comment on. bounce

madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 on 3/13/2012, 11:38 pm

I like posting things that need to be posted, like this. No random polls, no stupid comments. Only me.

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by commander_chair on 3/14/2012, 7:29 am

Kevo235 wrote:I like posting things that need to be posted, like this. No random polls, no stupid comments. Only me.
So what your trying to get at is nipple fisting?

commander_chair
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mefabe on 3/14/2012, 7:45 am

xD you guys crack me up, I've been laughing this whole time while I was reading these conversations.. HOWEVER, I do agree with Kevo. This post has definately no seem and cause and sense to continue, or in Fuzzy's case, continue making more of these posts. I understand that this is in the "Off Topic" section, but isn't our forum about our minecraft server, Oasis-SMP, not about video games and cookies and pie. Just post things that are important, not things that get your post count up.

mefabe
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adirem on 3/14/2012, 8:13 am

Well, the random posts are not that useless though. It gives me some great reading material during the workdays! and some great facepalm moments as well ;)

Adirem
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 on 3/14/2012, 11:41 am

mefabe wrote:not about video games and cookies and pie. Just post things that are important, not things that get your post count up.

I agree

mefabe wrote:not about video games and cookies and pie.

Semi-agree

mefabe wrote:not about cookies .

Disagree

Here's why. Yeah, nut seriously about the post count. I've been here for over a year, top poster in two months only because nobody else was posting anything useful on the forums. Like I always say, the forums are my bread and butter. I live and breathe for the forums. They are my sanctuary.

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by amadgunslinger on 3/14/2012, 11:57 am

In other news, i saw a bank robbery today... Wait what about not posting random stuff? :P

amadgunslinger
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/amadgunslinger/

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce on 3/14/2012, 12:26 pm

I think random things are great if you see them by my point.

Random things are things that make our day better and bring a smile out of your face, like ''Napoleon's Self-Defence Agaisnt Ninjas''

Useless things are posts that do nothing but bring the person who posted points. I should give examples but i'm not going to.

ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lordgonk on 3/16/2012, 9:13 pm

ExtraSauce wrote:I think random things are great if you see them by my point.

Random things are things that make our day better and bring a smile out of your face, like ''Napoleon's Self-Defence Agaisnt Ninjas''

Useless things are posts that do nothing but bring the person who posted points. I should give examples but i'm not going to.

Ya forgot a Vertical in there

lordgonk
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lordgonk on 3/16/2012, 9:18 pm

mefabe wrote:Not about video games and cookies and pie. Just post things that are important, not things that get your post count up.

Hey, that pie topic got three pages of replies and over 30 votes. And I'm pretty sure the description of "Off-Topic" says to talk about that kind of stuff under the section. And I have never posted a topic in my life just to raise my post count, sure, my goal that month was to be the top poster and all, yes, but it was also fun and helped me get to know the members of Oasis and get them to know me better too.

Gah, I don't want to triple post so I have the real stats about the pie poll, the poll recorded 51 votes and 2 full pages of replies.

lordgonk
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 on 3/17/2012, 12:26 am

lordgonk wrote:I'm pretty sure the description of "Off-Topic" says to talk about that kind of stuff under the section.
Well, it says to to write about 'anything you want' here, not specifically pie.

In my opinion, the point to the off-topic thread is to talk about things that aren't related to minecraft. The forums are to talk about things that peak your interest, or are just plain relevant. Pie, although a good topic, is not very relevant to the forums, unless it has meaning behind it; my cookies post, for example, does.

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lordgonk on 3/17/2012, 11:12 am

I was just wondering what pie is most popular, I was like, everyone loves pie but what pie is the favorite. I just made those posts because I wanted to learn something, maybe others make posts like that to raise post count, but that is not at all in my interest.

lordgonk
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 3/17/2012, 1:14 pm

lordgonk wrote:I was just wondering what pie is most popular, I was like, everyone loves pie but what pie is the favorite. I just made those posts because I wanted to learn something, maybe others make posts like that to raise post count, but that is not at all in my interest.

Right....
Nah I believe you when you say that. There should, however, be some rule about posting. Like, Don't talk about politics, religion, and the Great Pumpkin(Linus quote anyone?)

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 on 3/17/2012, 3:24 pm

mickdude2 wrote:There should, however, be some rule about posting. Like, Don't talk about politics, religion, and the Great Pumpkin

First off, I get the joke.

Second off, I don't think we should have a:
-limit
-subject restriction
-any other thing involving what's above

to posting a topic and/or reply to the forums. I like to think that the forums are a way to express your opinions on things, whether it be pie, admins, updates, or how to downgrade. I think that the forums should be a 100% free area to post whatever your heart desires; but be warned that people may not always like it.

The idea you suggested reminds me of a forum-side SOPA, and nobody wants that.

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 3/18/2012, 6:15 pm

Kevo235 wrote:
mickdude2 wrote:There should, however, be some rule about posting. Like, Don't talk about politics, religion, and the Great Pumpkin

First off, I get the joke.

Second off, I don't think we should have a:
-limit
-subject restriction
-any other thing involving what's above

to posting a topic and/or reply to the forums. I like to think that the forums are a way to express your opinions on things, whether it be pie, admins, updates, or how to downgrade. I think that the forums should be a 100% free area to post whatever your heart desires; but be warned that people may not always like it.

The idea you suggested reminds me of a forum-side SOPA, and nobody wants that.

A) I propose the limit not to seem SOPAish but to keep any offensive stuff out i.e. racism
B) I like to think myself as taking the American values seriously. that SOPA comment hurt Sad

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top