Opinions please

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Opinions please

Post by J8cob1 on 10/13/2011, 12:12 am

I am Currently Triple booting 3 Operating systems on my laptop, Windows 7 (The largest partition, 440gb), Windows 8 development preview (30gb partition) and Ubuntu Linux (30gb partition). Do you guys think this was a smart move or a dumb one? I had Windows 7 as my main boot Operating system before, and I partitioned my hard drive inside Windows 7 so I did not corrupt it. I then Installed the other Operating systems on my 2 partitions. I have ran all 3 successfully, none are corrupt. Whacha guys think? P.S it comes with some extra recovery partition or something so it does not all add up to 500gb.

J8cob1
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Opinions please

Post by dynamole on 10/13/2011, 12:47 am

it's not a dumb move, if you know what your doing/know someone who can help you out should you not know. Just need to be careful with validation errors, which shouldn't be a problem with the set up you have, just don't go full windows 8 yet. Plus not sure about the rest of you, but windows 8 seems like it needs alot of work still, i understand it's still in development, lets hope it's not gonna be a vista 2.0.

Anyways, you should be ok, just need to remember if you want to mess with one of the operating systems make sure you do it when your on that operating system. The basics really.

Not sure why you would want 3 operating systems though.

dynamole
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Opinions please

Post by madscientist032 on 10/13/2011, 12:51 am

dynamole wrote:Not sure why you would want 3 operating systems though.
I had a mac with Mac OS X, win 7, and Ubuntu linux in a very similar setup. Got me a job at my school's IT helpdesk. No joke.

Brag about that setup, son.

madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top