Wv_Hawk_vW

Go down

Wv_Hawk_vW

Post by Wv_Hawk_vW on 6/6/2016, 5:00 pm

Minecraft username: Wv_Hawk_vW

Real name (recommended): Officially, Thomas, but I prefer Tommy.

How long have you been playing on THIS server?: I legit don't know. I generally lose track of time when I'm in school, meaning I could have returned anywhere from February to March.

How often do you plan on being on THIS server?: I'll probably be playing on here throughout the summer.

Name any JrMods, Mods or Admins who would vouch for you (This means you actually have to ask them): I will list only those who I have spoken to.

They will:

Maybe: Mity

They won't:

Why do you deserve Oasian status? What sets you apart from the other Trusted players?:

I don't exactly have a lot that makes me worthy of Oasian. I'm a 19-year-old who lives in an apartment room with his cat and his mom, looking for a job, and I have plenty of redstone skills. Anyone who has ever visited my place can attest to this.

I also have a lot of skill with mcmmo. Thanks to /woodcutting I am drowning in spruce, and also as of this application I actually appear in /mctop woodcutting and /mctop repair. But these aren't exactly credentials that you need to determine a person as worthy of Oasian.

I can certainly take credit for having the biggest and most detailed membership application at its time. While it's possible there are others who put more effort into their Member application, you can take a look for yourself if there are any questions. Redstone, mcmmo, and a good application do not by themselves make an oasian, however. 

As you can see by this image that I constructed using the amazeballs magical tool that is known as Microsoft Word and that I then stole using the Snipping tool, there is a correlation of various things to having hawks around. The more hawks you have, the more your happiness goes up. After two hawks, you get more and more mycelium than before, and your sanity stops going down after three hawks.

Aside from happiness, sanity, and mycelium, I would also like to bring up another topic, and that is how I handle new people. I make a genuine effort to provide gifts to people who are new to the server; while this started out as a way of getting rid of stuff I had way too much of, it has since turned into something more. 

Whenever I see that there's someone new, I ask them to stay in spawn, and I give them my gifts. This consists of one stack of spruce wood, one stack of coal, one stack of melon blocks, one stack of wheat, one stack of sugarcane stalks, and one stack of steak. This ensures that they have absolutely everything that they need in order to continue surviving.

I am also exceedingly careful with the machines I have. The two major lag machines are my chicken hopper and my cow farm. From time to time, I will ask a moderator to come along and inspect my place to make sure that I haven't created an obscene amount of lag with my stuff. After all, it's one thing to have cows, but it's another to have 500 cows in the space of four blocks.

Since I know that having a lot of cows and chickens produces lag, I have opted for a less laggy form of getting food. Melon farms seemed to be the most obvious; I can get eggs from my chickens, I have a massive sugarcane farm, and a pumpkin autofarm gives me pumpkins. I've built two in an attempt to conserve resources, but since getting a large amount of iron I've had no excuse not to build a large, proper melon autofarm, and so I have. 

The way it works is that I have a very long hopper clock which can be turned off. I actually deactivate this clock when the server is lagging badly, but whenever it fires, probably 50 pistons extend and retract. This breaks melons; then a minecart hopper comes along and picks them up, before dropping them into a chest at the end. Even the collection system can be turned off; I have a set of powered rails attached to a lever, and when I turn it off, the minecart hopper stops moving.

But by and large, my least laggy method of getting food is mooshroom stations. I trap a mooshroom in a small area and keep it accessible. When I need food, I go to it with some bowls. It's an effortless, infinite source of food. It has two entities, almost no hopper action, no redstone, and it's free. If anyone wants, I can have someone teleport me to their place and install a few mooshroom stations. The less lag, the better.

I probably should put the link into my signature, but I am the proud owner of a small youtube channel with a lot of redstone videos. I'll admit, I haven't made any videos in a while, but that's because the end of school recently happened, and there was a lot of stress involved. If everything goes according to plan, I should be resuming my standard video-making schedule within the week.

But more than everything else, this application is a very massive appeal to audacity. You see, the way I see it, there is no possible way I can get the Oasian rank if I don't send out a call for help. I can't do this on my own; Oasian is basically the renamed version of Veteran, and I'd hardly call myself a vet of Oasis. 

However, I was recently notified that I qualify for Oasian, a rank which I once thought to be so out of reach as to be mythical. And yet, despite the fact that it's impossible for me to get Oasian, there are two requirements: A forums account more than four months old, and sufficient votes. It's impossible, yet it's clearly just within reach. 

If I were to wake up one day and find out that I am Oasian, that would have one effect. That effect probably wouldn't be for me to feed my cat, nor would I strip all of my clothes off and run outside, screaming "EUREKA!!!" as Archimedes once did. However, it would do something in between the two great extremes, and that is: It would blow my mind. Maybe literally; I wouldn't be surprised to find blood dripping from my nose.

As far as I know, there is only one person who can become Oasian every month, but as far as I know, I also didn't know I could even apply after my forums account turned four months old. That means that I don't know everything. That means that what I know, that it's impossible to become Oasian, is not what I know, and that I could be wrong; it might not be impossible to be Oasian. 

TL;DR: Nothing makes me "Deserve" Oasian more than anyone else, as far as I know; but I'm making a humongous appeal to audacity, because what I know isn't necessarily accurate and generally, others around me know more than myself.

So, that leaves only one question, and you must answer it. Do I deserve Oasian?
Wv_Hawk_vW
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wv_Hawk_vW

Post by tanaka91 on 6/6/2016, 5:08 pm

tanaka91
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Espartemos on 6/6/2016, 5:15 pm

Holy shit...that app.

Espartemos
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by retkojy on 6/6/2016, 5:20 pm

vouch

retkojy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenyanot on 6/7/2016, 8:35 pm

Kenyanot
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr_Roboto on 6/7/2016, 10:02 pm

VOUCH!!!
Dr_Roboto
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jellyfish_Fields on 6/7/2016, 10:23 pm

Jellyfish_Fields
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AlvinB on 6/8/2016, 1:39 am

Best application I've seen in a long time..
AlvinB
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Epiccx on 6/8/2016, 7:02 am

epic vouch!
Epiccx
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fithboy on 6/8/2016, 1:31 pm

When I read apps I just skim through and focus on the good bits, meaning for this one I read the whole thing. Vouch!
Fithboy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/xxXDennoXxx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Raybiii on 7/12/2016, 11:33 am

Well i got to go rewrite my app after seeing this. Jk VOUCH!!!!

Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BABlaze on 7/20/2016, 8:24 pm

1 Vooch 4 u

BABlaze
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wv_Hawk_vW on 1/14/2017, 2:18 pm

Wow. Okay! Guess I'm an oasian now. Thanks so much everyone!
Wv_Hawk_vW
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 1/14/2017, 2:21 pm

Welcome to the club then
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wv_Hawk_vW on 1/14/2017, 2:30 pm

ThunderHorse wrote:Welcome to the club then
Please excuse me, I got confused. OC and Oasian aren't the same thing. :O
Wv_Hawk_vW
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 1/14/2017, 5:25 pm

Its alright. Its confusing for those who are first time oc's. Took me forever to figure it out
ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum