Could I get Banned for This??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Could I get Banned for This??

Post by simbalvr123 on 1/12/2015, 9:32 pm

Could I get Banned for This?? ;-;

Recently Q10 made me a Chicken Farm machine on Oasis. I received a message from MegaScary saying: "There were too many chickens in your chicken farm. I had to kill them. Usually we don't allow such builds as they can cause lag." ...I don't want to be banned, of course, so I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong by having it on Oasis... If I am I am sorry and I will get rid of it immediately. ;-; I promise that I didn't know that it could cause lag before Mega PMed me about it...

If I COULD get banned for having such a machine on Oasis, plz let me know and I will destroy it.

Very Very Sorry ;-;
-Simba

simbalvr123
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Could I get Banned for This??

Post by MegaScary2 on 1/12/2015, 9:44 pm

No you won't get banned for this but it would be best if you did remove the farm. When I got to that area I couldn't move until I executed the command to kill the chickens, and the server actually was lagging at the time. It stopped lagging after I killed the chickens and everything returned to normal.
You were online at the time but you were participating in the buildoff so I did not want to disturb you while you were participating. It was late and I needed to leave. I hadn't seen you online since and I meant to talk to you about this.
Auto chicken farms like yours cause a lot of lag and there isn't an easy way to regulate how many chickens are in the farm. I killed over 240 chickens in it. That is a lot of chickens in a small contained area.

MegaScary2
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RE: Could I get Banned for This??

Post by simbalvr123 on 1/12/2015, 9:58 pm

Thank you for letting me know, Mega! I will remove the farm as soon as I am able to come online. Right now I'm SUPPOSED to be doing my homework but well XD

Anyways, thanks for letting me know. :3 I will remove it once I get a chance to come on.

-Simba

simbalvr123
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 1/13/2015, 2:23 am

And just an FYI, this is just a temporary thing. We dont normally put such strict restrictions on farms but Spigot had/has a lot of bugs in it, and 1.8.0 itself had many bugs too as well. Once we feel that its no longer the case we'll lift the ban on these. But even then must keep the entity count low as lots of entities are a pain to render for older computers. AKA my pos pc.

Paxination
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fithboy on 1/13/2015, 6:07 am

I better get my auto chicken farm checked by staff. I play on an old laptop and don't get any major lag from it

Fithboy
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/xxXDennoXxx/

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderHorse on 1/13/2015, 9:48 am

Ok since the entity lag might be a problem would the 100+ wild horses at the stockyards at racehorse be a problem? If so I can butcher a few later today

ThunderHorse
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Could I get Banned For This?

Post by Fluffy807 on 1/13/2015, 10:36 am

Thank you for this info, I will make sure the animal population at /warp Norca is kept at a reasonable number

Fluffy807
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 1/13/2015, 10:17 pm

Does this mean the sheep fiefdom is in peril until Minecraft balances out? Because Oasis without 1000+ sheep is not truly Oasis, lets be honest. Without those sheep, the cows might try to claim the throne, and dont even get me started on all those gourds...

Oasis requires a stability that only the sheep can uphold. Until I can be asured the monarchy stands strong, I shant sleep soundly.

Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 1/14/2015, 12:11 am

Shnoork wrote:Does this mean the sheep fiefdom is in peril until Minecraft balances out? Because Oasis without 1000+ sheep is not truly Oasis, lets be honest.

Oh they'll be there.... hiding...spread out...like stealthy ninjas (~.3.)~

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top