What do you want in PvP?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What do you want in PvP?

Post by shadeyghost on 10/15/2014, 12:19 am

ok, i like the red vs. blue, but, how would the ctf work, all u would have to do is just craft wutever blox der flag iz, and place in an alter or somethin, and then, wut would we do after that, a whole seperate CTF minigame would be amazing! and MAYBE, AGAINST ALL ODDS, PH WILL WORK :D. but to pvp again, it seems ok to have a red vs blue thing, bu then, one base, all da l00t, not a good idea, unless there were alot allowed

shadeyghost
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brickranger123 on 10/16/2014, 3:32 pm

I have thought of a Mimi game in the past, where there is two teams, the ratio would be 3:1, big team and little team.

The little team will have enough armour so that when the big team attacked it it will only do half a heart of damage. The little team would also have the strength to one shot any player on the big team. But the little team would have slowness and could only use melee weponds.this team will not be able to respawn.

The big team would only do half a heart of damage to the little team each hit, but they will respawn and have speed to make them super fast.they could also get 3 bow shots so they don't always need to get killed, run back then get melee killed again.

The point of the game is for the little team to get to the end of a long pathway that is being guarded by the big team. The big team has to kill all of the little team without them getting to the end of the trail.

So it is a bit like juggernaut or perhaps tower defence but with ground troops instead of towers. Anyway, it's just an idea I had.

brickranger123
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile http://I don't use these types of communication much so, yah...

Back to top Go down

Post by Shnoork on 10/16/2014, 4:09 pm

Not to draw attention away, but I like that idea^

My idea tho: For a long time now Ive stayed away from PvP because its always seemed unfair to me. Its hard to jump in when other people already have a closed group of Gods amongst men. Even if I were apart of that group, I would feel bad about those who would join too late to have a fighting chance. As such, my idea is an arena of sorts where everyone is equal. The twist: you must fight like men. Fisticuffs, no weapons. No armor. Much like a boxing league. Have one night every week be fight night where people compete for a sweet prize. Have a quarrel in SMP? You can settle it in the ring with a casual, unofficial fight pretty much any other time. Concealed weapons will result in a temporary banning from the ring, with multiple such instances resulting in permanent bans from the league. If people wanted to, they could even take bets. Teaches the chilluns not to gamble foolishly. (or hit on 17, risky stuff, right there)

I think this would be a draw for anyone, not just people new to PvP who wish to defend their honor on an even playing field. More experienced PvPers who wish to test their mettle could do so here. All in all, I think this would be good to get people into or back into PvP.

Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by brickranger123 on 10/16/2014, 9:25 pm

Replying to shadyghost, I have made an CTF game in my vanilla world using lots of command blocks, complicated redstone and alot of tps , setting spawn points and a lot of /gives. 

It works like CTF in team fortress2 kinda thing. I made it so teams where randomly selected by tps and spawn points to start them in a room where there was 5 classes that gave you different things. Then after you chose your class and got tped to the second room you could choose a base close to your flag and a base close to the centre. 

The teams raced to the other side to press a button that would activate a dropper which dropped a due representing the other teams coulor. You bring it back to true flag. Where a hopper is waiting and will only accept the other teams due which then activates a signal they declared the winner and clears everyone's inventory and resets and tps them to their spawn point out of te game. 

I build this all in a single player world. It as you would imagin took me a week to make including all the structures. Anyway that how I made a CTF game that only I can play...

#forever alone

brickranger123
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile http://I don't use these types of communication much so, yah...

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisMaximus on 10/17/2014, 2:56 pm

A bit off-topic, sorry for that but i just thought of an addition to the survival games part of oasis while reading this topic: if you kill someone you get some or all of your hearts back. 

Now back on topic tho :$

My introduction!

OasisMaximus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shadeyghost on 10/18/2014, 3:56 am

Dr_CrazyyCPU_98 wrote:A bit off-topic, sorry for that but i just thought of an addition to the survival games part of oasis while reading this topic: if you kill someone you get some or all of your hearts back. 

if u go back to oasis 1.7 (oasis-mc.us:25570) typr /warp sg

shadeyghost
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisMaximus on 10/18/2014, 7:50 am

shadeyghost wrote:
Dr_CrazyyCPU_98 wrote:A bit off-topic, sorry for that but i just thought of an addition to the survival games part of oasis while reading this topic: if you kill someone you get some or all of your hearts back. 

if u go back to oasis 1.7 (oasis-mc.us:25570) typr /warp sg

Lol i know Shadey, but my idea was an addition to that game ;)

My introduction!

OasisMaximus
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mediumdee on 10/18/2014, 7:57 am

i would love CTF added, but i have a thought or two of my own

i know this minigame called traitor, and it is one of my favorite PVP games that i play, it's where there's innocents, a detective, and a traitor, i realize that there's different versions of this game that might've been talked about in-game, but i thought i might as well bring it up again, for the game play, all of the players run around trying to get chests, then in one versoin they just start killing each other until someone kills the traitor, and in another version you gear up first and then kill each other, once again while looking for the traitor
if there's a bigger game then there might be multiple traitors, but that's not my choice if we do it that way or if we only use 1 traitor, no matter how big the game is
as i said, i love this minigame and i hope we can add it to 1.8

another idea is kit pvp where there's a small arena, players get kits and just run around killing each other, this is a simple game, but we might be able to add some fun things to it, once again not my choice if we add stuff

mediumdee
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhoblophone on 10/19/2014, 8:30 pm

PVP that is based off skill, and only skill (and of course internet connectivity), you get thrown into an arena with another person, you both get the exact same gear, no upgrades, no benefits for playing more than others, you go in, you fight, if you win, good for you. Maybe also have like different modes, like leather armour mode, iron, diamond, bows only, invis pots, etc.

Xhoblophone
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xhoblophone on 10/19/2014, 9:22 pm

Osgatharp wrote:
Lord wrote:But the thing I want to suggest is a plugin that would allow better teams. Most teams I have been in, I ended up being back stabbed.

Plugins can't really help that, if we implemented a team plugin they could just leave it/kick you and kill you. A team plugin would be nice but we'd need one without an ingame prefix because it wouldnt look good with [PvP][Tag] Name.
I just had a consideration, would it be possible to modify the plugin so that if someone wants to leave a team, there is first off a delay, during which their teammates are still immune to their attacks, and secondly, every other member of the team gets a notification, to make sure they know and don't get backstabbed.

Xhoblophone
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shadeyghost on 10/20/2014, 4:45 am

Osgatharp wrote:
Lord wrote:But the thing I want to suggest is a plugin that would allow better teams. Most teams I have been in, I ended up being back stabbed.

Plugins can't really help that, if we implemented a team plugin they could just leave it/kick you and kill you. A team plugin would be nice but we'd need one without an ingame prefix because it wouldnt look good with [PvP][Tag] Name.
osga, u could just make the [PvP] things different colors .-.
]PvP] [PvP]

shadeyghost
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 on 10/20/2014, 9:23 am

shadeyghost wrote:could just make the [PvP] things different colors .-.
[PvP] [PvP]

Actually we can't do that. The [PVP] tag is the prefix tag for the default group in pvp world. While this is a great idea, unfortunately it is one we cannot use. I:

The only way you can get on a good team (one that doesn't backstab) is if you actually trust your teammates and they trust you as well. No plugin can create trust between friends.

madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum