AFK for a week

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AFK for a week

Post by mickdude2 on 7/23/2014, 3:01 pm

Hey all, I'm going to New York for a week (7/26-8/3). I'll try to make it to promos. Cya then.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1951
Join date : 2011-12-10
Age : 19
Location : U.S.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFK for a week

Post by Cheerioes on 7/23/2014, 3:02 pm

mickdude2 wrote:Hey all, I'm going to New York for a week (7/26-8/3). I'll try to make it to promos. Cya then.
 I left my horse in your town and forgot to set a warp there. Oh well!

Cheerioes
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Posts : 301
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 19
Location : AZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFK for a week

Post by robbie291 on 7/23/2014, 6:04 pm

hope you have safe travels Mick

robbie291
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Posts : 475
Join date : 2013-08-06
Age : 42
Location : Georgia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFK for a week

Post by HealthMagazine on 7/23/2014, 6:19 pm

let me guess youre going to manhattan? casue New York SUCKS (sorry) (only good for tourists NOT living there thats horrible)

_________________



HealthMagazine
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Posts : 806
Join date : 2014-05-13
Age : 18
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFK for a week

Post by mickdude2 on 7/23/2014, 6:33 pm

Helthmagazine wrote:let me guess youre going to manhattan? casue New York SUCKS (sorry) (only good for tourists NOT living there thats horrible)
My dad lives about an hour outside of Manhattan...

And personally, I'd love to live in New York. There's so much awesome stuff going on up there. However, they insist on calling hoagies 'heroes' and water ice 'italian ice'. That's pretty unforgivable.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1951
Join date : 2011-12-10
Age : 19
Location : U.S.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFK for a week

Post by Guest on 7/23/2014, 7:02 pm

mickdude2 wrote:
Helthmagazine wrote:let me guess youre going to manhattan? casue New York SUCKS (sorry) (only good for tourists NOT living there thats horrible)
My dad lives about an hour outside of Manhattan...

And personally, I'd love to live in New York. There's so much awesome stuff going on up there. However, they insist on calling hoagies 'heroes' and water ice 'italian ice'. That's pretty unforgivable.

my experience in Manhattan living:
I live in Manhattan for school 8 or so months a year (with a heavy discount and financial aid).... definitely more then just a place for tourists. Travel is convenient with the MTA card system that works on both buses and the subways, plus there are always taxis around (they're a bit more expensive though). I love all the free-access art galleries around the Chelsea District. Taking walks is fun, the city avenue/street system is easy to follow if lost, and there's stores/restaurants open 24/7 everywhere. I make 3am trips to the convenience store near my dorm for icecream and chips sometimes xD
No matter how many things you plan to go see, there's always more you haven't seen yet.
Aside from museums and tourist attractions, there are libraries, normal grocery stores, schools, necessities/etc, and little communities of locals. There are always tons of unfamiliar people, but sometimes you'll bump into a familiar face. Living there is actually a hell of a lot more convenient then my small-town suburb life in Delaware. Only thing is, there's an 8% sales tax, and everything in general seems a bit more expensive. I'm used to Delaware's "no sales-tax" law. I usually hoard art supplies in Delaware to bring back to school with me. Also, I guess the street noise could be distracting, but you learn to ignore it after a while .3.
It's so tempting to eat out though. Cuts into wallet over time if not careful I:

Anyways, hope your trip is fun *w* Looking forward to how that amazing town is turning out when you get back .3.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: AFK for a week

Post by mickdude2 on 7/23/2014, 7:31 pm

Lina wrote:
Living there is actually a hell of a lot more convenient then my small-town suburb life in Delaware. 
That would be because of the small town suburb life of Delaware. 

Sorry, I can't help it. Delaware is too easy.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1951
Join date : 2011-12-10
Age : 19
Location : U.S.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFK for a week

Post by Shnoork on 7/23/2014, 7:46 pm

Topical Opinions:
From what Ive seen and been told about New York, it seems something like livig in downtown Toronto. Lots of buildings and apartment space, easy transportation, ect. Probably a bit more crowded though. I personally prefer the city, I hate living in the burbs.

Also, in Canada, we dont call it water ice, we call it gelatto, as in the actual Italian word for the confection. I thought it was  like that everywhere, but a quick Google search proves otherwise.

At any rate, have fun on your trip, hope you enjoy it!

Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Posts : 1258
Join date : 2013-01-11
Age : 18
Location : Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFK for a week

Post by mickdude2 on 7/23/2014, 7:54 pm

Shnoork wrote:Also, in Canada, we dont call it water ice, we call it gelatto, as in the actual Italian word for the confection. I thought it was  like that everywhere, but a quick Google search proves otherwise.

No no, gelatto is something else entirely. Everyone is so wrong.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

Posts : 1951
Join date : 2011-12-10
Age : 19
Location : U.S.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFK for a week

Post by FairyNinjaStar on 7/24/2014, 1:19 am

I visited Manhattan once, for 2 days. That was not nearly enough time to see everything I wanted to see, I would have needed at least a few weeks or more. I liked it, it was cool, but too many buildings and not enough green for me. I am originally from Seattle, so I'm used to lot's of trees and I love nature. I also didn't like how polluted New York was. I think Seattle, while much MUCH smaller of a city than New York, is cooler. But then again, it's where I was born and raised, so I'm pretty biased. I guess it just comes down to personal preference. I'm sure for many it's a great place to live, and has its perks. Most big cities, however, are more convenient than living in the suburbs, that's not specific to New York.

Anyway, have fun, I hope you have a good time!

FairyNinjaStar
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Posts : 230
Join date : 2013-06-13
Age : 37
Location : 2nd star to the right and straight on till morning

View user profile http://sarahchristina.hubpages.com

Back to top Go down

Re: AFK for a week

Post by Cheerioes on 7/24/2014, 9:56 am

I'll be in NYC next Thursday and Friday! So if you see anyone wearing shorts with cats on it, it's probably me. But then again, NYC is pretty big and who knows who else could be wearing cat shorts at any given time. HA! have fun on your trip!
but then on Saturday I fly back home :c then school starts.

Cheerioes
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

Posts : 301
Join date : 2013-07-14
Age : 19
Location : AZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFK for a week

Post by Coaltrain615 on 7/24/2014, 10:07 am

Shnoork wrote:
Topical Opinions:
From what Ive seen and been told about New York, it seems something like livig in downtown Toronto. Lots of buildings and apartment space, easy transportation, ect. Probably a bit more crowded though. I personally prefer the city, I hate living in the burbs.

Also, in Canada, we dont call it water ice, we call it gelatto, as in the actual Italian word for the confection. I thought it was  like that everywhere, but a quick Google search proves otherwise.

At any rate, have fun on your trip, hope you enjoy it!
Dude? you live in canada? dude i feel very sorry for you




And mick, sea you later, also shnoork i am kidding :P

Coaltrain615
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

Posts : 207
Join date : 2013-08-03
Age : 16
Location : SD, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum