Conquered a fear!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Conquered a fear!

Post by berzerkpirate on 6/18/2014, 1:41 am

Alright, for the longest time I had a semi-fear of guns. The loud noises constantly scared me as a kid, and even today I would tense up around them. Now this doesn't mean I hate em, I just get extremely nervous when around a loaded gun.

when I was twelve I had a small incident with a gun, that kinda traumatized me. Yet, my friend Tyson, who is a gun collector, decided to take me up to the local shooting range. I've had a bad couple of days, hence why I haven't been on as much, and he decided that the best way to blow off some steam was to fire a few rounds at his target.

So after work, we went to the back woods. (if he wasn't one of my best friends, I would've probably called the cops. That's the best way to describe how far in the nowhere lands we were.) But after 15 minutes of driving on a worn out track, we came upon a gun range. A guy was shooting his M40 rifle, so we put on our head gear. Every time he fired I cringed, especially when he pulled out his scoped revolver with the nuzzler on it. (I think that's what its called).

Tyson decided to bring two guns: Ak47, and a glock. The AK-47 is a modded 1965 model. It had a wooden grip, a red dot sight, and a nice stock to it. With it we had roughly 120 rounds. He began teaching me the proper stance to take while holding it, the different mechanisms of the gun (safety, and other stuff that I don't remember the name of).

So I was nervous, scared half to death to be honest. I'm not the biggest boy in the world. I come in at 5'7" and weigh around 104 pounds of solid gold muscle (bones). For someone whose 21, that's not good. (I'm healthy though!).In my head was a film playing, and it was me getting my bum kicked by the AK. But I decided to bite the bullet and go for it. So I fired my first shot, missed the target by a mile, but it wasn't what I expected. The adrenaline in my veins were pumping, and I started getting REALLY excited.

fifteen minutes later, I was starting to hit my marks. I pierced the center of Tyson's target. Sent a grounded Frisbee flying into the sky, shot 3 bottles. (One of the bottles I shot the cap off, shot through its center, and then into the side). We ended up having a good time, and I felt better. Though I'll say this, smoking a cigar while shooting isn't the best idea in the world. Ya look cool doin' it yes, but the smoke of the cigar WILL get into your lungs and its just harder to focus.

Also young children under the age of 18 should not smoke, it is illegal and you or possibly your parents can be fined. Not only that but it can cause mouth, lung, or probably some other type of cancer.

berzerkpirate
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Conquered a fear!

Post by pokekid3847 on 6/18/2014, 2:11 am

Thats great man, Always cool to hear people overcome their fears.

pokekid3847
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/ivyious

Back to top Go down

Re: Conquered a fear!

Post by berzerkpirate on 6/18/2014, 12:42 pm

Yeah, now if only I could lose my fear of heights. You think para-sailing would do it, but nope. That or the fact that I've walked a roof's edge at work which is roughly 4 floors. Sadly, I can't shake that fear.

berzerkpirate
Dirt Digger
Dirt Digger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top