Eye opener

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Eye opener

Post by timlebrun21 on 12/23/2013, 3:39 pm

Today I was playing and I made a comment about ranks and how I've  been one for a year, but then everyone started talking to me about how they think that I shouldn't play for ranks and stuff like that. For some time when I first joined maybe a month in I really wanted trusted, The only thing that I focused on was getting that, but since then I've know that you don't just play for ranks, but its for the fun of it and if your not playing for that then you should just go. They don't mean anything (accept staff but that's very different)Ya you just get some perks but, nothing that changes the game. You should play the game for fun not ranks.

timlebrun21
Coal Miner
Coal Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eye opener

Post by Xhoblophone on 12/23/2013, 8:22 pm

Glad you have come to realize this Tim.  Smile

Xhoblophone
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Eye opener

Post by Shnoork on 12/24/2013, 11:57 am

To an extent, yes, this is true. A rank only give you a few perks you didnt have previously. However, there is something to them. A higher rank suggests involvement in the community and a certain level of trust achieved by a person. Yes, you shouldnt play primarily for ranks, but they arent the type of thing to frown upon (for lack of a better word). A rank is simply a way staff can tell you how much they trust you and enjoy your company without having to go out of their way and sound really REALLY sappy. 

So, dont play solely for rank, but lets not imediately attack any one who even remotely mentions ranks or promos or something. They do have their own meaning and purpose, and its not just to brighten up chat (Which is beautiful, by the way). Just my opinion on the matter, never have weighed in on this as of yet.

Shnoork
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum