i'ce had enough!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

i'ce had enough!

Post by Netherpro on 3/24/2013, 10:42 pm

alot of you are complaining that my age keeps changing, and i've found that you've made
ALOT of these stories up. why does the server even need to know my/anyone elses age anyways? please start acting like adults and stop.

Netherpro
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: i'ce had enough!

Post by Netherpro on 3/24/2013, 10:43 pm

please consider the following ^
|
:P

Netherpro
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Netherpro on 3/24/2013, 10:44 pm

and srry for the miss-spelling of guys

Netherpro
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Big_Piglet on 3/24/2013, 10:52 pm

netherpro_1 wrote:alot of you are complaining that my age keeps changing, and i've found that you've made
ALOT of these stories up. why does the server even need to know my/anyone elses age anyways? please start acting like adults and stop.

Every age people have said you claimed to be are true. You have claimed multiple ages, ranging from 12, 18, 20, 21, 22, etc. We are sick and tired of the fact that you lie nonstop.

How about *you* start acting like an adult and just admit the truth?

Big_Piglet
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Davidmich on 3/24/2013, 10:53 pm

Keep it civil guys, or I'm locking it!

Davidmich
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by madscientist032 on 3/25/2013, 12:09 am

We wouldn't be having these issues if you were acting like an adult and therefore being honest with your personal information.

For the record, the reason why we ask people for their age is merely so that we can get a better sense of who you are and whatnot. Telling us your age is completely optional, which is fine. We don't *need* to know your age. It's sometimes easier to get to know somebody better if we know how old they are. Kinda hard to explain but I hope you get the general idea.

Also, please refrain from spamming the forums or the staff will ban you from the forums.

madscientist032
Oasis SMP Owner
Oasis SMP Owner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/madscientist032

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 3/25/2013, 6:53 am

Oh good, now I can stop feeling horrible about ruining other people's apps and threads to try to stop you from lying everywhere, and call you out somewhere it's actually relevant and we can get this over with.

Ages 12,18,20,21,and 22.

Now let me tell you something. I know other people on here that have once or twice lied about their ages. But I don't hound them constantly for two (edit: 3) reasons.
1)they FIXED IT, and don't KEEP increasing it.
2) They ACT the age they fixed it to.
3) I haven't seen them lie about anything else, OR they were extremely petty and apologized for.

My personal opinion is that you do not act 22 or even 18 for that matter. My opinion is reasoned as follows:

Spoiler:
"lay off"
is NOT a vaild excuse everytime you are caught in a lie. First, I was the only one calling you out. Now others have realized it. But instead of fixing it, you give an excuse and leave. I've seen this in game and on the forums now.

Another example, though rather petty, but recent:
A player had said he would get back at you in pvp a couple days ago.
You said "I don't care about pvp" or "I have no interest in pvp", "I don't pvp anymore".
After he logged off, you immediately went in to pvp and started accusing another player of griefing your base and generally whining.

And another:Now as Nsuth mentioned above (edit: that has been deleted, or my eyes aren't working), he has had negative feelings towards him for things in the past. I commend him for his improvement, as despite being 12 he acts more maturely then several other players that come to mind that might even be older.cIf a 12 year old can clean up their act (I'd go as far as to say he's become a role model for other players) then why does someone who's 18-22 still feel the need to lie and make excuses after they've been called out about it with solid fact at least 3+ times?

Last example, also recent: you annoyed the living sh*t out of noah for getting Trusted+ and tried saying he shouldn't take too much credit for a recent build (and let me remind you, that there is way more to getting T+ then building. T+ is not artisan which is more centered on building, and to be honest I personally hold T+ higher then art, though I'm not sure about how the server ranks it). Noah is very friendly, helpful, and active and I don't think he deserved your attitude on his promo day. I also don't think someone "22" years old would have been so butthurt and lacking of understanding as to WHY he earned his rank.

Now for some facts. Your excuse for your age changing was "my brother messed with my account so I made a new one" and "my forum accounts derped". Your excuse for your vet and (I think guide? I don't know though) apps that obviiously were reacted to negatively were "My brother made them" "My brother is trying to get me banned". Let me explain to you why that's horribly inconsistent. If you are 22 years old, why is your younger/older brother having so much inflence on your online accounts? If your accounts are not secure, that is your fault, and your fault alone. Also, if your "brother" wanted you banned, why would he settle for only changing ages and making apps? There are many outright blatant ways to get banned. It just doesn't add up. Care to shed some light on that?

ALSO, I saw another post where you say I "LIED" about you acting like staff.
FALSE.
I HAVE seen you do. STAFF has seen you do it. STAFF is who ALTERED that post. And I will FIND IT if it KILLS ME. The minute I find it, I will edit it here.

and here it is:
http://www.oasis-mc.net/t12137-member-applcation
"please use the application format.

Last edited by Davidmich on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : You are not staff, pretending to be staff is bad.)"

I'm sorry, but when someone continues to lie to me, players, and staff, I tend to call them out on their inconsistencies. It's rude and disrespectful to everyone here that is honest. The more you continue to lie and pester other people, the more I will (and what others have started) continue to call you out on in. I do not like calling people out, or starting arguments; I left a few games because of stupid drama and communities that don't act their ages. I tend to be a very happy and bubbly person when I'm not annoyed. I would not purposely call you out on anything without a good reason. But if you continue this long string of lies and excuse my language, but douchebaggery, I have a feeling I'm not going to be the only one with negative feelings towards you. You need to change this.... Lying never get's you very far...

And the sooner you come clean, start being honest, and act your age the sooner everyone will "lay off" you and start having more positive feelings towards you.

edit:
"guys, for my deffence IT'S MINCRAFT FOR GODS SAKE! now live your own life if any of you have one."
If you have a life, why do you lie to make a fake one?
At least our lives aren't lies.
Insulting people and saying they don't have lives because they play a game is just dumb, for lack of a better word. You play this game too. So by that reasoning you don't have a life either. Also by your reasoning, it's perfectly fine to lie left and right just because this is a game. This may be a game, but the people playing are real and should be respected as such.

/end rant

I've explained this in the most civil way I could at this point.

Edit again:
alot of you are complaining that my age keeps changing, and i've found that you've made
ALOT of these stories up
Found these in my archives. Took these when you lied -a couple weeks ago I think?- because I had a feeling I'd need them, and oh look- I did.
Ages 20 and 21:
http://i.imgur.com/cm2z5k0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Go7PWCp.jpg

Age 12:
http://www.oasis-mc.net/t11828-veteran-netherpro
so on your app you put that you are 20 years of age but on your profile it says you are 12 years of age. I really don't like liars.
Age 18:
http://www.oasis-mc.net/t11712-i-would-like-to-join-staff#57454
http://i.imgur.com/tSJTME2.png

Tell me again how we're all lying?

Last edited by Linah on 3/25/2013, 9:24 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Spell/Grammar corrects + adding information to back things up)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leagle on 3/25/2013, 9:21 am

You go gurl!

Leagle
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile http://nigge.rs/id/loadsamoney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gweedo358 on 3/25/2013, 9:44 am

Wow from three sentences people want to hang him from the yard arm with three different complaints hhhhhmmmm. Lets go over them now shall we. #1 Age complaint, hmmmm His age has no bearing on things here, on Oasis yes it nice to know age but really has no meaning here, if he is young I as a parent would tell him to lie about it for security reasons for those of you that don't like people lying about their age hahah get used to it. Its going to happen to you sooner or later, females lie about it to get older men. Females lie about it to appear younger when they get older. Men lie about it to buy beer and to date older women, if it bothers you he lied about his age it really shouldn't hes not going to borrow your car or lawnmower, minecraft is a computer world as in made up cartoon place. #2 Annoying complaint. Well if they gave an award for being annoying everyone on this server including me would have this award on their cartoon house wall. Its hard to know when you are being annoying most people are just being themselves and don't know they are bothering someone, Age and wisdom can only help you with this, and younger people annoy older ones just to get attention from someone they admire or want to hang out with, they have no idea they are annoying the older ones. #3 I have seen complaints about him acting like staff on posts, Just remember this. When young people type they have a tough time expressing what they are trying to say, and spelling errors and incomplete sentences can make you think something different.
Now all I ask here today is the older people on this server remember you all were young once and trying to fit in and be liked. Have some tolerance for everyone around you, understand the younger folks are looking up to you, and their desire to fit in sometimes makes them do and say things older ones don't .
Going to lock this I don't want the pile on to continue.

Last edited by Gweedo358 on 3/25/2013, 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gweedo358
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxination on 3/25/2013, 11:57 am

Sorry Gweedo, had to post one more thing to make sure the air was COMPLETELY cleared up.

Submitting your AGE on any part of Oasis, whether its an app, or your forums account, IS COMPLETELY OPTIONAL! YOU ARE IN NO WAY OBLIGATED TO INCLUDE IT. WE WILL NOT DISMISS YOU IF YOU DECIDE TO LEAVE IT OUT!

Having said that, if you felt like you did not need to give out your age, you could have just left it out, and if any one asked, tell them NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!

Ok thats it!

Paxination
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum