If rants make you butthurt don't read this.

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: If rants make you butthurt don't read this.

Post by Kevo235 on 3/25/2013, 4:02 pm

Abbeylw wrote:While I'm not at all concerned about downvoting, I'm concerned about how grim's post was edited, so, I'd like an account of what was said originally, and what it was edited to. Quite frankly, it stinks of censorship without reason. Also pointing fingers won't help kevo.

True, I only edited it due to the fact that he falsely quoted me which is like.. not cool I guess. I'm pretty sure it went something along the lines of:

Kevo235 wrote:I'm butthurt about downvotes
You complain about being negged down yet you just finished explaining to me that you didn't think Revilo should have a +60 reputation so you mass downvoted all of his posts in his Guide app?
scratch
I think maybe you should stop being butthurt

Something like that, dunno the exact wording but yeah.

So I edited out the part where he called me butthurt because I think he may have been a bit mad making that post and quoted what I actually said and I edited the part where it said I downvoted all of his posts to make it say that I downvoted all the 'thank yous' Revilo had that had 3 upvotes each.

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbeylw on 3/25/2013, 4:12 pm

Kevo235 wrote:
True, I only edited it due to the fact that he falsely quoted me which is like.. not cool I guess. I'm pretty sure it went something along the lines of:

Kevo235 wrote:I'm butthurt about downvotes
You complain about being negged down yet you just finished explaining to me that you didn't think Revilo should have a +60 reputation so you mass downvoted all of his posts in his Guide app?
scratch
I think maybe you should stop being butthurt

Something like that, dunno the exact wording but yeah.

So I edited out the part where he called me butthurt because I think he may have been a bit mad making that post and quoted what I actually said and I edited the part where it said I downvoted all of his posts to make it say that I downvoted all the 'thank yous' Revilo had that had 3 upvotes each.

I'd like to hear Grims side too.Unless the post goes directly against oasis' rules, I don't believe you had the right to censorship. Besides, wouldn't it be much more simpler, if this is exactly how it went, to post saying 'Actually, I didnt say that' ?

Last edited by Abbeylw on 3/25/2013, 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Abbeylw
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 on 3/25/2013, 4:17 pm

Yeah, probably. I dunno he seemed pretty mad and I can be kind of a troll sometimes. In hindsight I should have done that, Abbey. I mean, you could argue that if he was trying to make a legitimate point he'd actually include real quotes and not just bash my posts? I mean i'm up for an actual debate unless the one I have to debate against is a fox news reporter. Like facts pls.

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbeylw on 3/25/2013, 4:24 pm

Well, perhaps his point could have been better put but if it wasn't a direct quotation then certainly it would have been mimicking you. I don't want to argue with you, but I don't think you should even have contemplated changing his post. It certainly doesn't make you look any better for doing it either. At that point I can see he had made one or two reply posts, which,even if criticizing your post - can't really be classed as bashing.

Abbeylw
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Krazo on 3/25/2013, 4:26 pm

Kevo235 wrote: troll

Last edited by Kяazo on 3/25/2013, 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Krazo
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 on 3/25/2013, 4:31 pm

He's trying to use age as an argument or something? I remember when I was in your mindset a while ago, Grim. I used to get actually angry at people opinions and fake quote them to make myself feel better. Then i'd go downvote all the posts that person has made and be a self proclaimed hero whilst pretending that I wasn't the one that was butthurt about it.

Honestly, if you want to argue this like an adult, i'm up for it. But if you're going to just sit back and throw insults around, don't get overly upset when I do the same.

And to Pax & Chair: You're right I actually did think about this before posting it. I wasn't angry that i've been getting downvoted, as I said, I was annoyed that I didn't know who. The whole thing about being angry stemmed from Grim's post because
A: He didn't read it and assumed I was
B: He honestly didn't care and wanted me to be?

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Krazo on 3/25/2013, 4:41 pm

"A friend is nothing but a known enemy."

-Kurt Cobain

Krazo
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Olive474 on 3/25/2013, 6:31 pm

commander_chair wrote:You made an entire thread to adress this....wow
Chair, I see why you pointed this out, and I had a feeling that someone would do so anyway. As far as I know, there's not really a topic about this Other than this one http://www.oasis-mc.net/t7382-reputation-1?highlight=reputation

I wasn't going to post anything in here, but someone mentioned this post on the server today, and I shared my opinion there, and something was brought to my attention.
The conversation started with a player saying something along the lines of "Did you see Kevin's post on the forums? I laughed so hard"

Kevo235 wrote: I mean, it's not really annoying having all of my shit
downvoted, it's just annoying that I don't know who it is or why
they're doing it.

http://s22.postimg.org/lfup8pitt/screenshot_15.jpg

From what I've heard while talking to Kevin on Teamspeak, and from what he has said in his post, cares not about his reputation, but the fact that people are using the voting/reputation system incorrectly. And he also just wants to know who is behind this mess
Here are some of the things said in chat earlier, and my opinion on the matter:

http://s15.postimg.org/hhk71mlff/screenshot_19.jpg

http://s1.postimg.org/fyfh0n4gv/screenshot_12.jpg
I realized that it sounded as though I was complaining about being downvoted, but I was trying to make an example of how people use the voting system incorrectly.. so I worded it slightly differently:

http://s14.postimg.org/n4nkzxm8h/screenshot_18.jpg Krazo, I realize that. I'm not stupid.

http://s11.postimg.org/8e1pqlkir/screenshot_10.jpg

Olive474
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 on 3/25/2013, 6:37 pm

Olive474 wrote:http://s22.postimg.org/lfup8pitt/screenshot_15.jpg
Revilo wrote:I need 2 alter it and i might actually get more that 0 reputation!

Hmm. Went from -1 to like 60 until I negged his guide app posts which had 3 upvotes each and there were a total of 20 of. I felt he was getting unfair reputation, which didn't really bother me, I just wanted to see what'd happen if the opposite happened. Apparently he convinced Grim to thumbs up with himself and the rest falls into place.

I ended up deleting them all a couple days back because they just kept getting upvoted and I really didn't think they were necessary in the first place. If you want to see what they actually were, I have a quote in his application about why I didn't vouch which is literally just all of his bumps.

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 3/25/2013, 6:59 pm

Holy **** how do you go from 118 to -64 in a couple hours?... Shocked
I think this is an accomplishment.... sh*t at this rate you might even beat that chrisinator person.

edit: and now it's 1337 rep.... and I just found out I have 13.37 on my gamestop gc's before I walked home...
IT'S A SIGN
*bows to the magic god kevo*

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 on 3/25/2013, 7:02 pm

Linah wrote:Holy **** how do you go from 118 to -64 in a couple hours?... Shocked
I think this is an accomplishment.... sh*t at this rate you might even beat that chrisinator person.

edit: and now it's 1337 rep.... and I just found out I have 13.37 on my gamestop gc's before I walked home...
IT'S A SIGN

Lol, rep doesn't mean shit all but apparently people think it means fucking everything so I just wanted to show how fast it could be flipped. I mean, I could make it -1337 so that people aren't going to call me on staff abuse or something, I could not give a shit. I mean, I would have left it at -69 but I got too many upvotes.

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amby on 3/25/2013, 7:05 pm

Generally what I'm thinking when I'm catching up on DA JUICY TOPIC OF OASIS.

Amby
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 3/25/2013, 7:06 pm

Kevo235 wrote:
Linah wrote:Holy **** how do you go from 118 to -64 in a couple hours?... Shocked

IT'S A SIGN

Lol, rep doesn't mean shit all but apparently people think it means fucking everything so I just wanted to show how fast it could be flipped. I mean, I could make it -1337 so that people aren't going to call me on staff abuse or something, I could not give a shit. I mean, I would have left it at -69 but I got too many upvotes.

Or you could make it over 9001... or -9001.... *-* xD sorry I'm high on skittles... apparently they make darkside of the rainbow flavors now

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 on 3/25/2013, 7:09 pm

Linah wrote:
Kevo235 wrote:

IT'S A SIGN

Or you could make it over 9001... or -9001.... *-* xD sorry I'm high on skittles... apparently they make darkside of the rainbow flavors now

Yeah, I could do that. Or I could make it like 235 or -235 like honestly. I guess people kind of missed the point of this thread in the first place and kind of jumped the gun and posted before reading, but I forgive them. At least I got some idea of who's downvoting me down, but I never gave a shit about being downvoted in the first place.

Also, taste the rainbow.

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jawell on 3/25/2013, 7:21 pm

Kevo235 wrote:
Lol, rep doesn't mean shit all but apparently people think it means fucking everything.

Atta boy.

Jawell
Emerald Miner
Emerald Miner

Location : Swag Mountain, Oklahoma (I hope I spelled Oklahoma right)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amby on 3/25/2013, 7:37 pm

Really....the whole voting system is dumb in the first place. I know it's part of the forums ya'll decided to use, but man it's dum dum.

Amby
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Olive474 on 3/25/2013, 7:38 pm

Kevo235 wrote:I guess people kind of missed the point of this thread
in the first place and kind of jumped the gun and posted before reading,

Kevo235 wrote:but I never gave a shit about being downvoted in the first place.

See.. this is the point that I tried to make earlier, and also when I was on the server, but apparently.. Some people think otherwise:
Olive474 wrote:http://s22.postimg.org/lfup8pitt/screenshot_15.jpg
http://s23.postimg.org/xxs1r40wr/screenshot_36.jpg

Also, This:
Kevo235 wrote:Lol, rep doesn't mean shit all but apparently people think it means fucking everything

Olive474
Lapis Miner
Lapis Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 on 3/25/2013, 8:06 pm

Maybe he was just saying that? I dunno. Krazo you seem to care the most here what's your take on it?

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimtongue on 3/25/2013, 8:07 pm

how mad would you be if i edited this. oh god i bet he'd flip

Grimtongue
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 3/25/2013, 8:55 pm

Well, I think this is just one big misunderstanding. Kevo, calm down a bit about rep, it doesn't matter, no one cares. Everyone else, tell Kevo when you downvote him. That fair?

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Downvote

Post by captian_renob on 3/25/2013, 9:35 pm

i downvoted mickdude... Fair?

Last edited by captian_renob on 3/25/2013, 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i spelled downvote down vote)

captian_renob
Iron Miner
Iron Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 on 3/25/2013, 9:38 pm

mickdude2 wrote:Well, I think this is just one big misunderstanding. Kevo, calm down a bit about rep, it doesn't matter, no one cares. Everyone else, tell Kevo when you downvote him. That fair?

Lol, omg mick did you even read any of this?

First of all, i'm not mad. Second of all, I don't care about rep at all, like i've said countless times.

Third of all, I really don't care if you're disappointed in me Grim because I hardly know you, although it's cool you consider me a friend even though we like never have talked. But you know, feel what you want about me i'll just be me so there's not much that anyone can say to change it. Also, I love how hypocritical you are Grim it's awesome.

Grimtongue wrote:"stop making false claims about me"
Grimtongue ''quoting me'' wrote:I am butthurt

Like I actually do admire that you can pretend to be an adult after saying that it's actually quite comical, like SBaHJ which I also admire you quoting.

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 3/25/2013, 9:57 pm

You keep saying you don't care, but this thread goes on...

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 on 3/25/2013, 10:00 pm

mickdude2 wrote:You keep saying you don't care, but this thread goes on...

Omg let me try my hardest to explain this. I started the thread because I was annoyed at not knowing who did it, people replied, I answered them, something about Grim that he'll deny to the end of the earth, I edited 1 post or something, buncha pictures, everyone lol'd we basically had it settled and then you showed up again. Surprised

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bandityogo on 3/25/2013, 10:15 pm

locking this, as you might have mis-read what kevo said (not taking any sides, just saying) and the conversations are just silly now

bandityogo
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile http://bandityogo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top