Sandy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sandy

Post by Big_Piglet on 10/29/2012, 10:27 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZAqYZ433TeQ

Getting pretty bad. Horrible flooding, and now a power station has exploded. Lower Manhattan is gonna be without power for days.

Someone used the map of Sandy and found out it's bigger than Europe. I read it was supposed to hit on Tuesday. If this isn't it hitting, I'm terrified for anyone in New York.

Big_Piglet
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sandy

Post by Kevo235 on 10/30/2012, 2:51 am

My heart goes out to everyone that will be hit. This is serious guys. It's heading up for Quebec in the next couple. Everyone in the radius, be safe. It's only hitting my town a little and it's got people in a panic here; I can't even imagine NY state and southeastern Ontario and up the St. Lawrence.

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lordgonk on 10/30/2012, 9:55 am

I got lucky. The eye was headed strait over my town or at least the surrounding area. Then it faster and stronger and went south. So, my luck of not getting hit is shittier luck for those south in Delaware. The damage looks so bad everywhere but my town really must've dodge a bullet. Just a and few of downed tree and flooding of insignificant proportions when compared top Irene.

lordgonk
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce on 10/30/2012, 10:40 am

Best to do is not to panic.

Unless you're flooded and water coming up, then you can start screaming.

ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickdude2 on 10/30/2012, 10:53 am

It got pretty bad up here. Trees came down and the wind howled. An electrical wire blew two houses down, and for a while my entire street was bathed in blue-ish light. It was creepy when you saw the people running around in the rain illuminated by the light.

But, all in all, I didn't get hit that bad. I only lost power for an hour or so in the middle of the night. My basement never flooded, and I barely got any water in it at all (my basement is like a sponge- every time it rains, there's water in the basement). I even got my Latin and Biology projects done!

However, some people weren't as lucky. New Jersey got hit hard, and their boardwalk, a symbol for fun and sunshine in Atlantic City, is now scrap wood. Manhattan and Long Island weren't expecting it all, and are now a foot underwater.

mickdude2
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Big_Piglet on 10/30/2012, 11:57 am

Girlfriend lives in New York for college right now. She plays this server, and she's on the forums now - Kevo was even the one to approve her membership application. She sent a text around 6AM telling me that there's a tanker ship sitting in Battery Park because it's so flooded. The Mercy hospital had to evacuate. A gas explosion in queens blew a few houses to bit's, burnt 50 others to the ground, and 10 more (as of the time she sent the text) are still on fire, and no one can get in to help because it's so flooded. A levy broke in NJ, and over 1,000 houses outside the evac zone are flooded. The stock exchange has been shut down again. Her powers still out, and she barely sees anyone outside anymore... and she's stopped hearing sirens.

This feels so... surreal, guys.

Big_Piglet
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoTheGod on 10/30/2012, 12:25 pm

Sandy's coming to Quebec tonight. I heard it will be not very strong but lot of wind.

MarcoTheGod
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

~Reply~

Post by tanaka91 on 10/30/2012, 2:53 pm

I saw some videos and photos from the storm. Looks like it's rough weather out there. Any1 already spotted a flying cow ? (like in all hurricane and twister movies) tongue

Hope you're all fine out there !!

tanaka91
Gold Miner
Gold Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lordgonk on 10/30/2012, 5:01 pm

Stupid update timing. Oasis being 1.4 would've made this last 4 days a lot better stuck in my home.

lordgonk
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BroadStreetBully on 10/30/2012, 6:18 pm

About $1000 in damages to my basement. Door and 2 windows started leaking, water poured in all night. Big portion of that money is from a wooden table cracking causing a TV to fall into the water, as well as ruined walls/carpet. But compared to some of our family in Wildwood, NJ (On the coast), we got off easy.

BroadStreetBully
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lordgonk on 10/30/2012, 7:35 pm

BroadStreetBully wrote:About $1000 in damages to my basement. Door and 2 windows started leaking, water poured in all night. Big portion of that money is from a wooden table cracking causing a TV to fall into the water, as well as ruined walls/carpet. But compared to some of our family in Wildwood, NJ (On the coast), we got off easy.

Damn, I got so lucky, my creek, the Perkiomen, usually doesn't do much costly damage but we were let off easy, going back to school already tomorrow. Still am relieved that the storm changed course, but feel bad for those that woke up to see the path was strait for them.

lordgonk
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zwall99 on 10/31/2012, 10:09 pm

Governer of Nj is pissed off at the mayor of Atlantic city. Chris Christi gave a mandatory evacuation, and the Atlanitc city guy is like:" Well, we made you all leave in Irene, and nothing happened, so i guess you dont have to leave". So Chris isnt letting rescuers go onto atlantic city, risking their lives just because he was being stupid.

Zwall99
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lordgonk on 10/31/2012, 10:47 pm

It was just the world cleaning its armpits

lordgonk
Diamond Miner
Diamond Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce on 11/1/2012, 10:44 am

I think God went to knock on USA's door, dressed up for halloween, but USA had no candy so God had no other choice

ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Krazo on 11/1/2012, 11:04 am

ExtraSauce wrote:I think God went to knock on USA's door, dressed up for halloween, but USA had no candy so God had no other choice

Looks like people can't accept a bit of humore here.

Krazo
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosTheoryJRH on 11/1/2012, 2:37 pm

Krazo wrote:
ExtraSauce wrote:I think God went to knock on USA's door, dressed up for halloween, but USA had no candy so God had no other choice

Looks like people can't accept a bit of humore here.

If jokes about the Titanic and the Holocaust are acceptable then this is too.
"Oh but it's happened so recently" means nothing.

ChaosTheoryJRH
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarviNacho on 11/1/2012, 3:05 pm

Guess it sucks and I feel sorry to those affected by it. Not much else to say about it, no need to make a big drama out of it.

MarviNacho
Redstone Miner
Redstone Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevo235 on 11/1/2012, 3:05 pm

I suppose you're kind of right. Let people have their humor. My only concern is that people that I know might have actually died in this one. There's a fine line between too far and acceptable, just try not to cross it. People might get a little angry.

Kevo235
Legendary Miner
Legendary Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Krazo on 11/1/2012, 4:37 pm

Kevo235 wrote:I suppose you're kind of right. Let people have their humor. My only concern is that people that I know might have actually died in this one. There's a fine line between too far and acceptable, just try not to cross it. People might get a little angry.

True, but hey. We all have these kind of things, knowing people who might have died where else on the world. There will always be jokes about everything, you name it, there are jokes about it.

My grandma died and me and my dad were making jokes about how she was on facebook now because my uncle wrote a piece about her on facebook, we made jokes and we laughed at the funeral of my grandma.

Yep, that's me and my dad.

ChaosTheoryJRH wrote:"Oh but it's happened so recently" means nothing.

This is the truth, nothing else. I mean, we also make jokes about Hitler, 9/11, Osama Bin Laden, the jews and much more. Some people just need to roll off their mushroom and fly into the real world.

Krazo
Master Miner
Master Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtraSauce on 11/1/2012, 5:11 pm

Krazo wrote:
Kevo235 wrote:I suppose you're kind of right. Let people have their humor. My only concern is that people that I know might have actually died in this one. There's a fine line between too far and acceptable, just try not to cross it. People might get a little angry.

True, but hey. We all have these kind of things, knowing people who might have died where else on the world. There will always be jokes about everything, you name it, there are jokes about it.

My grandma died and me and my dad were making jokes about how she was on facebook now because my uncle wrote a piece about her on facebook, we made jokes and we laughed at the funeral of my grandma.

Yep, that's me and my dad.

ChaosTheoryJRH wrote:"Oh but it's happened so recently" means nothing.

This is the truth, nothing else. I mean, we also make jokes about Hitler, 9/11, Osama Bin Laden, the jews and much more. Some people just need to roll off their mushroom and fly into the real world.

I'll never forget when my friend logged into his Uncle's facebook account, after 3 days he died, and wrote ''I didn't know we had Wi-Fi on Heaven'' on his wall. Some reacted and some laughed. I laughed. :c

ExtraSauce
Professional Miner
Professional Miner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top